No announcement yet.

Mac updater problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as I said I'm not a Mac person and I haven't even played with one to know what the Mac account password is that you're referring to. Hopefully Kamchack will be along before too long and have a better idea on how to help since he uses a Mac.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I know Cabby, thanks for trying to help!

Comment

Sorry for the delays. Family emergencies have kept me away.
        Delete anything and everything in your system with Zygor's name on it.
        Do a search, map the location, and remove it all. The guides, the loader (zygormacclient).... all of it.
        Then start from scratch and load everything back in.
        As you might know, I run Macbook with iVirus and MacKeeper on my system. I am not having the same issues you are having with the guides. This gives me the thought you have a bad location mapped or a bad file.
        The addons folder and the WTF folder for all realms you play on... dump Zygor files and reload, please.
        Then get back to this thread and let me know whats going on.

Thank you.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Family first, games second - hope all are well.

Thanks a lot Kamchak, it solved the issue.

The update now works fine and it also verify the correct version of the guide. But it still need my password for some reason, but that is ok since the update works.

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

You are welcome. Glad to hear you got it working for you again.

Comment

I also deleted anything having Zygor in it's name, dumped Interface/Addons and WTF folders but this didn't do the trick for me. I reinstalled the APP, entered UN/PW and got the same error message again. Funny enough, it worked when I entered a wrong PW and was in trial mode. When I corrected my password I got the packager.php-Message again.

Comment

Does your password contain any special characters like ~!@#$%^&*()<>? If so try logging into the Members Area here and change it to one that only contains letters and numbers. Sometimes the Updater has problems with passwords that contain special characters.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well the password contains only numbers and letters both upper and lower case. It's length is 13, could this be a problem?

Comment

At this point I'd suggest writing a ticket to get this problem worked out.

http://www.zygorguides.com/support/contact.php

Sounds like everything is set up correctly, so Im not sure where to direct you other than the support ticket.
                    Sorry.

Comment

Ok, I did some more research with Wireshark and this response from packager.php catched my eye

Code:
                      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
                      Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 08:15:01 GMT
                      Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.11
                      X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.11
                      Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
                      Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
                      Pragma: no-cache
                      Content-Length: 714
                      Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
                      Connection: Keep-Alive
                      Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

LOGIN OK
                      USER[I][U] Jan Thom<something non-printable here>[/U][/I]
                      UPDATER_VER 1.0.0
                      VER 3.2.2468
                      PRODUCT xyz ... etc.
                      My last name ends in a German Umlaut "ä", and the response probably didn't encode this properly to utf-8 which made the update fail. So I went to my profile and replaced the Umlaut with the transcription "ae", et voila - it worked. So I guess with international customers and/or metal fans in mind, the packager.php should properly encode stuff to utf-8.

Comment

Osaic explained this on page two. Should be something the Zygor team needs to look into and we have to keep this in mind as this may not only happen with German but also with French, Spanish and other languages.

Comment

Working...
                        X