No announcement yet.

Mac updater problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you need log files or something else, feel free to ask. I'm a developer myself, so I don't mind digging up some technical info that might be helpful for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kork View Post
      If you need log files or something else, feel free to ask. I'm a developer myself, so I don't mind digging up some technical info that might be helpful for you.
      Thanks, we will keep this in mind. Its always nice to have feedback from every angle
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Does this happen every single time you try to use the Zygor Client to update your guides?
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Hi,

I would really like to see an update on this.

Since you asked for details:

If you launch ZygorUpdater, you will get the following error message when it tries to log you in.

Screen shot 2011-06-30 at 09.04.40.jpg

If you then click the "Update" it says "Downloading update" for the whole time.

Screen shot 2011-06-30 at 09.04.29.jpg

If your click "Refresh", it will always show you the Encoding error message.

I have 10.6.8 running.

[EDIT] I wanted to give you a quick update about this:

I ran it through Wireshark to get the exact paths you request with the updater. Then I simulated the packager.php with a static file on my localhost, by editing the routes file.

It seems that though you send UTF-8 encoding headers, you output ASCII text. This may be fine with pure ASCII Characters, but when someone like me have German umlauts or other non-ASCII encoding characters, the parser in the client runs in an error.

If you use German umlauts with UTF-8 encoding the updater has no problems.

This thing should be server-side fixable. You only have to fix the output of packager.php

[/EDIT]
          Last edited by Osaic; June 30, 2011, 02:44 AM. Reason: Updated results

Comment

@Osaic

The first pic you posted tells me you do not have your Zygor Guides user name and password entered, or you would see a list of the guides you have purchased.
            Fix this by hitting the settings button, then repair.
            See if this fixes your issue. I haven't gotten this error, so it's something on your end.
            Let me know what you find.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I have entered my username and password. This happens because of the packager.php file on your server encodes the characters wrong.

Your application seems to assume, that there is no possibility of an invalid response data.

As I wrote in my EDIT block, I analyzed the HTTP requests and I see my username and password being transmitted (in cleartext by the way, which is very insecure and you should fix that to)

Comment

Just to clarify this:

I have a German Umlaut in my name: ü

This is not a standard ASCII character but it is in the ISO-8859-1 encoding.

The reason why you don't get the error is because you don't have any special characters in your name.

I am trying to help you to fix this, so please read my post to the end.

Comment

Alright, so lets eliminate other potential problems.
                  Does your password have any special characters? For some reason (I'm not a coder) the loader does not like the use of #$%^*&~?>< type of characters. If you have any of these, try to change your password to the use of basic alpha/numeric usage. You can use capitalization throughout your password.

Also there has been what may be a recurrent issue with the loader itself. However, I'll reference your first screenshot not showing your guides as a reason I went to the characters used in a password as the potential problem. Others that have displayed problems with the loader have done so posting screen shots of their loader, and their guides are showing in the pic, where yours are not.

Ill send you a PM with some info for you to use to get a more real-time help effect.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

There is something strange to the Mac updater. I think it works?? The application say there is nothing installed, update the addon, but still it report nothing installed. But it is installed??

Comment

You might have to do a manual install of the addon. There have been some instances lately where a manual install is needed before the updater wants to work properly.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I have done a manual install and it is always the same. It does not help if I do a manual and then verify the version. The installer still say that there is no installed product.

Could it be and issues with the permissions?

In advance, thanks.

Comment

Well, I'm not really a Mac person. Do you by chance have any anti-virus programs running? If so perhaps try disabling it when you run the Updater. There also might be a firewall issue somewhere.

One other thing, make sure the Updater settings are pointing to the correct AddOns directory location.

Comment

I have tried to disable the AV, but no luck! The updater is pointing at the correct location. There is one thing that crossed my mind, and that is Curse add on updater never ask for my password, but Zygors add on update need it? Any idea?

Thanks again for trying to help.

Comment

The username and password that the Zygor Updater asks for is the one you use to log into the Members Area here on the Zygor website. That is so the Updater can log into your account to see what products you have purchased and then download the proper products.

One thing of note, sometimes the Updater doesn't like special characters in the password, things like ~!@#$%^&*(). If you have anything other than letters and numbers in your password try logging into the Members Area and changing your password. Then change the password in the Updater to the new one and see if it starts working.

Comment

The password it ask for is my Mac account, to install the addons. I know it needs to have the account password for Zygor to verify my account too.

I tested Curse installer, WoWInterface installer and noone of them need my permissions to install.

Comment

Working...
                                X