Missing new interface, not showing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing new interface, not showing?

Hi, hope this is the correct section to post my problem.

When returning to Cataclysm i was surprised at how nice the new interface was, and upon leveling to 85 the guide was no longer required and i deleted it, but seeing how the netherdrake guide is now integrated with the guide i installed the guide again.

The problems that ive encountered are:

1. OLD interface, cannot install new one, after repair, manual, reinstall via client

2. The guides are not showing, even the demo alliance guides (i have horde 1-85), demo dailies, or the netherdrake dailies (all guides listed below is what is available for me)

is there a way to rectify this problem? or is the guide now part of the dailies that i have to purchase?

Things that i have done to try to solve this problem.

Reinstalled wow with clean/new addons
    installed via client
    repaired via client
    manually downloaded and installed into addons folder
    changing skin "midnight (defailt)" is only available
    deleted save variable

Thanks heaps in advanced!

What you see on the first screenshot is the Zygor 3.0 window. There are two display modes, the full mode and a compact one to which you can swith with a button at the viewer window. I don't exactly know how to turn back to full mode then (I think it was a bit tricky) but you can also witch between the two modes with the guide options.

The guide selection through the options is only for debug purposes, you better switch the guide with the button at the viewer.
    The Netherdrake guide was moved to the dailies guides. Maybe it's part of the dailies demo, I don't see any guide of the dailies demo on the screenshots. Try to click the guide selection button in the viewer and search there for dailies guides.

Comment

Hi Cartman, thanks for the quick reply.

Heres a screenshot of my viewer and all its buttons. (I clicked every button and viewed all buttons to see if i could change the view but to no avail) Is there still the old full view? or is that something i just imagined reading up??

Thunder = Dynamic Progress
      Lock = Window lock/unlock
      COG = Options

and when clicked on guides i could spot the alliance demo, but no demo dailies anymore.

During this time i reinstalled the guide twice already.

Comment

The guide window you have is the current guide, this is correct.
        You can change some things by going into the options. You ,ay need to click on the addons tab then and go into the Zygor guide options, section display. There you have some things you can change. You can automatically hide the border for example.
        There are two view modes that you can switch in the options by clicking the active checkbox.
        The old view is not available anymore as it was too confusing to configure (mouseover to show buttons and so on).
        More skinning options are on the todo list of the developers but the priority is to get everything working.

I don't know if the daily demo is always installed with the updater, maybe you just deleted it with the repair function. The repair deletes the Zygor guide directory and reinstalls it with your purchased guides. So maybe the daily guide does not get installed by the updater and you have to manually download and install it.

Comment

Hi Cartman! thanks for the quick reply I now understand that the old version is not available, as for the demo guides I have reinstalled both via manual and auto. Both deleted guide but nogo. :> *sigh* might have to live without netherdrake but all good! thanks heaps for clearing this up for me!

Comment

When you did the re-installation of the guides did you by chance also delete the SavedVariables file for the guides? I'd suggest deleting that file and then using the Repair button in the Updater.

As for the Netherdrake guide, yes it's now only available in the purchased Dailies guides.

Also, go into the Waypoint options and you can change the arrow over to the older style clockwork arrow.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hi Cabby, Yes i did delete the save variable as per first post :> Netherdrake guide used to be free, what happened :<

Comment

I guess after a year of it being available in the purchased Dailies guides that Zygor finally decided it was time to fully migrate it into the Dailies only. This was something he just did with the Cata release.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by starkz View Post
                  p.s i hate this arrow with a passion ><
                  You do know you can change to the old arrow.... right?
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

yeah, i just did :> thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X