TomTom stopped working for me, using v3.0.1724

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TomTom stopped working for me, using v3.0.1724

Since this is a guide related issue.. I thought posting here would be a good place for this...

The reason why I know its Zygor Guides is because it works when I manually type in locations but when I go to send coordinates to tomtom through the configurator of the waypoint arrow it fails to display an arrow by showing no Waypoint Arrow at all.

No Lua bugs at all, was working before patch v3.0.1724 but now it is broken?!
    -sighs- come on man... please look into this

Extra Info:
    And not to forget this is using a new reinstall of Zygor Guides through updater, new character too which means it has fresh savedvariables for this character.

I'm using it on my first DK on Horde side..(Orc)

Suggestion/Extra input as to why I use TomTom:
    I use TomTom only because I like that sort of Arrow, if Zygor Guides had an arrow like it I would be using Zygor Guides.

ps.
    I'm using the latest TomTom (same one that it worked on before the v3.0.1724 update of Zygor Guides)

I just checked, and tomtom works fine with 1724 on my setup. Suggest you disable all other addons and re-enable them one by one to see where the error lies.
    QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
    The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

What guide and step number are you on that it's not working? Also, are you using an English WoW client or another language?
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

English Client
        US Client, cata enabled.
        US Servers (Official of course!)
        it doesnt work on any quest number/line
        not a specific one but all of them it doesn't work on...

Comment

Have you tried disabling all addons except TomTom and Zygor?
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

deleted through curse client instead of manually this time and selected delete in-game settings and downloaded the release and it started working idk whats going on.. i just hope it doesn't break again... -.-

Comment

If doing it like that worked then what happened was you had a corrupted SavedVariables file for TomTom. This happens to all addons occasionally.

Comment

Does TomTom work without the Zygor guide? You can set waypoints to the Blizzard quest markers on the map by rightclicking. Or simply die and see if you get a TomTom arrow to your corpse (if TomTom is setup to do this..).

Comment

Yeah, you can manually set waypoints for TomTom. There are a lot of different addons that make use of TomTom, but it's basically just the Cartographer arrow without all of the other map stuff.

Comment

well the thing is... is that I don't think it was corrupt only because of the fact that tom tom would work when you manually typed the tomtom command and it would show the coordinates to the location you entered by "pointing" in its direction...

But it wouldn't do it through Zygor Guides.. now I noticed I was using the beta version of it which for some reason was check.. idk, anyways I reverted back to release (though beta was working until then..) and no problems now.. so I dunno..

is there such a thing as partial corruption of a file?

Comment

Maybe the TomTom commands to set waypoints were somehow changed with the beta or a there's a library conflict.

Comment

I have no problems setting and removing waypoints manually (command line) in tomtom. I'm using ZG 3.0.1724 and latest tomtom. /way 55 41 works just fine.
                        QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                        The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

The slash commads are slightly different from the commands an addon uses to set TomTom waypoints. There are more parameters to use (continent, zone, map dots...).

Comment

While I was browsing Curse for addon updates I stumbled over the TomTom beta 1.2 and tried it with the latest Zygor guide and it is working.
                            thedailyseki, you can give it a try with the new TomTom beta.

Comment

You don't happen to be using the Archy addon, no? It talks to Tomtom as well... having two things trying to control the one arrow doesn't work so well.

Comment

Working...
                              X