OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Frame rate drop and video stutter with 4.0 running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Frame rate drop and video stutter with 4.0 running.

I have all of the new MOP guides. When Zygor is running I get a massive Frame rate drop and bad video stuttering. I have a nice I7 system with 12 Gigs of 1600 ram. Never had any problem with the old guides.

Any suggestions?

Try going into the guide options and in the Travel System section set the ant spacing to off.

If that doesn't work try disabling all other addons to see if there is an addon conflict, or try turning off the Travel System completely in that section of the options.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I disabled Zygor in the add ons and everything smoothed right out. I turned it back on and the same thing happened. Low frame rates and stutter. I turned off the travel system and the performance increased right away.

I'm not sure what it is with the travel system, But it puts quite a hit on everything. I also got it even better by disabling the stealth arrow option.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

The problem with the travel system (apart from the ant trails causing performance issues) is that it dynamically calculates the fastest route to the destination by using portals, flight points and ships.
        The longer the route the more difficult these calculations get. So if you are in the same zone as the waypoint it does not cause much lag. But if the waypoint is on another continent the calculation takes some time.
        I'm sure this feature will be improved, for example by not monitoring the whole route all the time but storing part of it and only calculating the route to the next flight master for example.

Comment

I now have ants off, The travel system disabled and the stealth arrow off. The performance is much better but the zygor add on is still causing some drag. Not much but its there. I've got an I7 system with a rampage III motherboard, I7 380 1366 processor, 12 Gigs of 1600 ram, 2 x 580 GTX graphics cards running in SLI.... So, a good system. I quad box WOW on this system with no problems and no slow down in performance with 4 instances of the game running.

It just seems to me like something is not quite optimized with the zygor add-on to make it behave like this. I don't see how this one add-on could be dragging my system down and causing frame rate drop when I do a lot more intensive stuff without a problem.

That I have to turn off some of the features of the new guide just to get it to run well sort of dissapoints me. I do love these guide and I have a ball with them though. And overall I say "Great Job" to the zygor team. I just think some things may need tweeked later.

Comment

Try turning off SLI for WoW, I read about this reducing WoW performance as WoW does not make use of it.

Comment

I have a similarly spec'd PC and have found that simply turning off the ants (leaving the Travel System enabled) does the trick unless you are a long way from your destination. I'm getting 55-60 FPS @1920x1080 on Ultra and it's generally very smooth. The Travel System lag is a brief stutter every few seconds. For general questing (i.e. you're in the same zone as your destination) there is no FPS drop from the guide at all on my system.

However, it does appear to be possible to have a travel path optimisation system without any performance issues as a competitor's guide has managed this. Not trying to stir, just saying it can be done. So, hopefully, the dev team will be able to make things smoother in time.

Comment

You might have some kind of small addon conflict happening too that is causing some lag if those other options are all disabled. Try running around with all other addons disabled and see if you still notice the performance hit.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

This isnt a problem with another addon, this is a Zygor problem (disabling Zygor improves performance dramatically). The latest update has some enhancements to the ant trail and some other small performance tweaks according to the changelog but I only just installed it, not going to have a chance to actually play test it.
                  Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                  Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

SLI doesn't reduce WOW performance. Especially since WOW went Direct x 11. Both of my cards are being used when I play WOW. At any rate, I've played with SLI on for over a year with no problems.

As the poster above me said, This is a Zygor problem. You guys should know that since you are the ones telling people to disable features to improve performance. This is not a new issue and as far as I can tell, There is no conflict. I turn off all other add-ons and just leave Zygor and the same thing happens.

I want to reiterate here: I had none of these sorts of problems until 4.0 came out. I've been using Zygor for well over a year (The old version) and never had anything like this happen.

Comment

The reason these problems were not present before Zygor 4.0 was because we did not have as many features. All of these new features did not cause problems internally while we were testing them and not until we released them did we know there would be lag issues.

We are working on optimizing everything to get rid of these issues, but it is not something that can be done overnight. Zygor 4.0 has not even been out for two weeks, we are still working out issues that did not surface in our internal testing, and ask that you bear with us while we work around the clock to get you the best product possible.

Comment

I don't understand how this problem did not show up in your testing. I have a very nice pc and the travel system drags me from over 100fps to 10fps when calculating route. What are you guys using for testing computers that can Handel this?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 2 View Post
                          The reason these problems were not present before Zygor 4.0 was because we did not have as many features. All of these new features did not cause problems internally while we were testing them and not until we released them did we know there would be lag issues.

We are working on optimizing everything to get rid of these issues, but it is not something that can be done overnight. Zygor 4.0 has not even been out for two weeks, we are still working out issues that did not surface in our internal testing, and ask that you bear with us while we work around the clock to get you the best product possible.
                          Thanks for the reply. I did not mean to imply that you were sitting on your hands doing nothing about this. Sorry if it came off that way. I just read the reply from Cartman suggesting the this was somehow my system (SLI) instead of addressing the issue.

The only thing I was trying to do here was make you aware of the problem, And I thank you for looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by timj37 View Post
                            I just read the reply from Cartman suggesting the this was somehow my system (SLI) instead of addressing the issue.
                            I only wanted to let you know that disabling SLI in WoW may improve your frames per second. I did not want to say the guide does not cause a performance drop in certain situations but if two things reduce the framerate and you can control one of them it may be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                              I only wanted to let you know that disabling SLI in WoW may improve your frames per second. I did not want to say the guide does not cause a performance drop in certain situations but if two things reduce the framerate and you can control one of them it may be worth a try.
                              I understand. Its just that I run WOW at well over 100 FPS with vsync disabled in SLI. I keep vsync on all the time of course to prevent any screen tearing that may occur by going over my monitors 60 MHz refesh rate. But I've never had any problem with SLI at all while running WOW.

At any rate, It seems that zygor knows about the problems and are well on thier way to fixing them. Kudos!

Comment

Working...
                              X