my 1-80 /played time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 1-80 /played time

Just got my 2nd toon to 80. This was my first character using ZG from 1-80 (I used to beta test for iDemise). Hope the played time is good... hopefully I can get the next character to 80 in just under 6 days.
    Attached Files
    Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder

Current Weight: 222
    Goal Weight: 198
    16 Weeks til WI State Fair Bodybuilding
    22 Weeks til NANBF Badger Classic

real nice. Gratz

Comment

grats man!

Comment

Gratz on 80!

So as you went through 1-80 following the guide my question to you would be did you find any areas which you found slow? Such as levels 1-40 went super fast, 41-45 slowed a bit then 46 through ...
        Cairne Realm
        Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
        Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
        Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

I thought around 53-58 dragged a bit. Once you get 60+ the guide is incredibly smooth. Very efficient. Once I got cold weather flying at 77 the last couple levels FLEW. 79-80 took just under 3 hours. whoa.

My time would have been faster but I got skinning/herbalism/first aid up to 450. Also, once I got 280% flying at 70, I went through and grabbed all the Candy Buckets in Kalimdor/Eastern Continent/Outland. I debated doing this, figuring it would probably hurt my /played time a bit, but I figured in the long run it would help because I'd be that much further ahead of the guide. Then at 80 I can finish the quests in the guide for extra gold.

One thing I did that the guide doesn't mention is cloth donation quests, but only when I was in the appropriate city. I never went out of my way to run up to Exodar to turn in cloth.

I did go to Outland at 58 and knock out a few quests. Then I went back to the guide until I hit 60. When I ding'd 68, I went right to Northrend. I decided to only play in Northrend when I had rested xp. With no herloom items or boa items, i ding'd 80 about 1.25 levels ahead of the guide.

Comment

That is a really good leveling time, especially for a rogue.. good job man.

As far as your cold weather flying... you know you can get that at lvl 58 if you have another toon on the account who is able to buy the BoA book, right? hehe
            I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Yeah... just picked it up in Dal. and sent it to my pally. For some reason I always thought you had to buy that with emblems. I have a couple year old laptop thats doesn't have the RAM for raiding and battlegrounds, and occasionally lags in arena, so I always figured it was something I could never have. 1000g isn't bad tho.

I stealthed around a lot of mobs as the rogue and was still able to end up ahead of the guide. So I'm gonna fly around on the pally and see if I can still end up a bit ahead of the guide. I know its not recommended, but we'll see where I end up.

Comment

My priest was flying in Northrend since lvl 68 and he ding'd 80 a little after the guide got into Zul'Drak... with the help of doing the dungeons. hehe
                I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

3rd char. to 80. Pally, 6d 11h ish. Probably coulda been faster but was leveling professions and browsing the AH more than I really should.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sheesh, you are a beast! Gratz.

I am still working on my first toon through to 80 with the guide. Right now I am in the53-58 range and I'll agree it is dragging. I just hit 57 tonight and the guide thinks I should be 54 (just had me goto Winterspring) so maybe it is time to skip a bit again ... or maybe I'll just tough out until 60 and go to Outlands.

Someday I may get my first 80
                    Cairne Realm
                    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post
                      That is a really good leveling time, especially for a rogue.. good job man.

As far as your cold weather flying... you know you can get that at lvl 58 if you have another toon on the account who is able to buy the BoA book, right? hehe
                      Are you sure about that? Wowhead says 68, not 58. I wouldn't think it's a good idea to bother getting it much before then, anyway. Most, if not all, of the quests wouldn't even be available.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=54197

Comment

it's 68, I'm sure that was a typo on Werderx's part

Comment

yes it was a typo, thx. lol

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
                            Sheesh, you are a beast! Gratz.

I am still working on my first toon through to 80 with the guide. Right now I am in the53-58 range and I'll agree it is dragging. I just hit 57 tonight and the guide thinks I should be 54 (just had me goto Winterspring) so maybe it is time to skip a bit again ... or maybe I'll just tough out until 60 and go to Outlands.

Someday I may get my first 80
                            I don't get this way to skip quests, sorry I don't want to be a "complainer" but it's dumb skipping areas or quests. What's the purpose?

Comment

The purpose to skipping quests is just simply a matter of personal choice. The guides are just that guides. Everyone who has paid for their guide has paid for the right to use the guide their own way, as long as they're not distributing it of course.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X