not so sure about quest efficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not so sure about quest efficiency?

I just installed the mod and I hate for my first post to be a negative one but I am not so sure about the efficiency of the quest order.

For instance I am in the 30-35 horde section and the guide has me...

go to org...blimp to undercity...run to uc fp...fly to TM...pick up a few quests...run to arathi...do one quest...run to hammerfell...pick up a fp...do 2 quests...fly back to uc...run to blimp...blimp to gromgol...do 2 tiger and 2 panther quests...(now I am right next the raptors) but instead of doing the raptors it has me run back to camp and turn in the 4 cat quests then...hearth back to org...run to blimp...blimp to uc...run to uc fp...fly to tarren mill...run to arathi...do one quest...run to hammerfell...fly back to uc...run to blimp...blimp back to grom'gol...run back to the place near the raptors that I was right next too and kill 10 raptors...then run back to camp and turn that one quest in...then RUN back to grom'go...blimp back to org (where my hearth is btw!!!)...

wth? This is like 2 hours of running to and from fp's and blimp's to accomplish 5 quests?

I just had to stop playing at this point because I was so frustrated!

Also I keep comming up short of levels. I get a message you should now be level xx grin until yy% and I am always 1% higher then the number it tells me to grind too. For instance if I am at 82% it says grind to at least 81%. This has happened on at least 6 levels in a row now!

Finally, I have another character that I leveled to 20 before purcahsing the guide and I keep hitting steps where I did not pick up a quest chain then cannot find the correct starting point. For instance you cannot get offered the serpant quest chain until you have completed alien egg. I spent 4 hours trying to figure out why I could not get the quest. I had to give up on other one that involved the old chrone after spending another 4 hours in thotbott trying to find out where the chain started I kept flying and running to npc after npc only to find they where not offering any quests! It's really frustrating! I could grind faster!

I think today I spent 8 hours going from 30 to 31!

We recommend you have a look through the help section we have up over at:

www.zygorguides.com/help/

It will instruct you on how to use the guides Smart Injection feature which dynamically finds the best place to start in the guide. As for the 30-35 section and all the running around, this is most likely the result of one of two things: 1. The section you started on just happens to be travel heavy 2. This is just the way Blizzard designed the game.

If I had to guess it's probably a result of number 2 judging by the section you are doing. Much of vanilla WoW is poorly designed which is no doubt part of the reason they are doing Cataclysm, to fix the nonlinear level design found in the 1-60 areas. The guide will not continue to be so travel heavy, especially once you reach 60+.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

It sounds to me like you chose a section of the guide to start in instead of using the SIS to find a spot in the guide. Follow the instructions in the SIS section of the help link that ZG Support posted and you'll get into sync properly with the guides and will almost never see those grinding steps. There will be some odd running around as you're getting into sync properly with the guide, but once you're synced up well the leveling/questing path will seem a lot better than what you're seeing.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
      X