OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is possible to update ASTROLABE libs ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is possible to update ASTROLABE libs ...

... to the latest ?

* R: Astrolabe-1.0 r125 for 4.0.3a on 13 Dec 2010
    * B: Astrolabe-1.0 r116 for 4.0.3a on 23 Nov 2010
    * B: Astrolabe-1.0 r110 for 4.0.3a on 18 Nov 2010
    * R: Astrolabe-0.4 r107 for 4.0.1 on 21 Oct 2010

I think the internal waypoint system use the old 0.4 libs which is compatible with version 4.0.1 only. The libs Astrolabe is being updated to 1.0 r125 compatible with 4.0.3a .

I tried to replace the tomtom distribution astrolabe lib with the new one but I got:

1x ZygorGuidesViewer-3.0.1625\Waypoints.lua:8: Cannot find a library with name 'Astrolabe-0.4-Zygor'
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.0.1625\Libs\Astrolabe\DongleStub.lua:17: in function `DongleStub'
    ZygorGuidesViewer-3.0.1625\Waypoints.lua:8: in main chunk
    [etc etc ...]

I think this problem can cause a lot of problem with addons like tomtom that use the NEW version of the lib itself.

The original developed site of Astrolabe is here:
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/astrolabe/

Please update asap :-)

tested on zygor v.1625

The problem is that the Atrolabe that comes with Zygor's guide is modified because there are some big problems with german and russian WoW clients. Also Astrolabe 1.x is not compatible with 0.x so addons that use the old Astrolabe will not work with a new one.

I did not notice any problems so far with addons that use newer Astrolabe librararies, maybe Zygor guide loads it's own Astrolabe that does not interfere with a newer version that comes with another addon.

Comment

The combo that gives me the error was: zygor, tomtom (used instead the native one because the iussue documented here: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...nt-and-sexymap) and sexymap.

When used zygor, tomtom (instead of the default waypoint system) and the hudmap of sexymap I continue to got this error (fired by sexymap) :

1x SexyMap-v1.2.4\HudMap.lua:31: Cannot find a library with name 'Astrolabe-0.4'
      TomTom-SCM\libs\Astrolabe\DongleStub.lua:17: in function `DongleStub'
      SexyMap-v1.2.4\HudMap.lua:31: in function <SexyMap\HudMap.lua:12>
      <in C code>: in function `Show'
      SexyMap-v1.2.4\HudMap.lua:364: in function `Toggle'
      <string>:"TOGGLESEXYMAPGATHERMAP":1: in function <[string "TOGGLESEXYMAPGATHERMAP"]:1>

Locals:
      t = <table> {
      GetVersion = <function> @ TomTom\libs\Astrolabe\DongleStub.lua:108:
      IsNewerVersion = <function> @ TomTom\libs\Astrolabe\DongleStub.lua:22:
      versions = <table> {}
      log = <table> {}
      Register = <function> @ TomTom\libs\Astrolabe\DongleStub.lua:50:
      }
      k = "Astrolabe-0.4"
      Replacing in sexymap any occurence of:

local Astrolabe = DongleStub("Astrolabe-0.4")
      with
      local Astrolabe = DongleStub("Astrolabe-1.0")

fix the problem.

Now I don't have any error and everything is fine, but I asked if the same thing should be done also on zygor to prevent such situations.

Your answer clarify the situation.

P.s.
      I am using an english client :-)

Comment

By just a quick look it seems that SexyMap normally needs the old Astrolabe 0.4. Or at least it relys on that version being installed. The Astrolabe that comes with Zygor's guide is a modified 0.4 ("Astrolabe-0.4-Zygor") because of the map issues (Death Knight starting zone, Gilneas) with other client languages. But as stated before this does not seem to interfere with anything.

TomTom uses Astrolabe 1.0 and hast this version included ("Astrolabe-1.0").
        SexyMap seems to try to use the Astrolabe that TomTom includes and therefore throws the error. This does not seem to be a Zygor guide problem but a SexyMap problem. If you disable TomTom the error may go away.

Comment

It is clear that is not a zygor fault at all.

Everything infact started by this iussue :
          Is it possible that with sexymap hud enabled the waypoint distance doesn't update itself (while it updates normally if I use tomtom i.e) ?
          When I remove hud and I get minimap again it start to count the yards (or meters) to the destination.
          I used the hud to farm herb while levelling.
          Tomtom updates the distance even if the sexymap hudmap is active, while the internal waypointer stop updating the disatnce when you have sexymap hudmap enabled ...

... so I switch using to tomtom and then we arrived to the problem discussed in this topic.

Tomtom can be used without any problem, only we have to patch hudmap.lua of sexymap to use the right astrolabe version. Or zygor developers fix the waypoint system to update even if there is not a minimap on the screen (the case you switch to the hudmap) :-)

BTW thanks for the kind replies.

Comment

Working...
          X