No announcement yet.

MoP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sir, thats the point. Once you own the guide (vanilla, BC, Wrath, Cata, MoP) any changes that affect that guide are implemented / changed, and you will never be charged for that. So regardless if you bought the Cata upgrade, all the 1 - 60 changes would have and were done for your guides. What you are paying for is the fresh content that will come in MoP. Once you pay for that upgrade that guide will be revised and improved and.... whatever needs to be done... and you will never pay another fee for that guide or its changes again.

With regards to the price per content coming in MoP, thats a personal choice you have to make. I myself feel the content given and the work is worth the money being asked, so I upgraded. A little at a time due to the economy mind you.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

The 1-60 zone revamp was given out to everyone that already owned those zone guides for free. The Cata upgrade only covered adding the Worgen & Goblin starting zones and the 80-85 content.

I repeat, no one had to pay for the 1-60 zone revamps. That was already covered by the original guide purchase that included those zones.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
        No sir, thats the point. Once you own the guide (vanilla, BC, Wrath, Cata, MoP) any changes that affect that guide are implemented / changed, and you will never be charged for that. So regardless if you bought the Cata upgrade, all the 1 - 60 changes would have and were done for your guides. What you are paying for is the fresh content that will come in MoP. Once you pay for that upgrade that guide will be revised and improved and.... whatever needs to be done... and you will never pay another fee for that guide or its changes again.
        Alright well, I'm in the wrong on this one. Clearly I did not make that distinction when I upgraded my guides to Cataclysm. Same price = same content.

But since we're here, why are the smaller guides costing the same amount to upgrade as the leveling and/or dailies guide?

P.S.- I know you can't tell from my profile, but it's ma'am

Comment

oh... sorry bout the sir then. :/

I have no idea why that content price is set as it is. If I were to guess Id have to say it takes just as long to run quests and level a bunch of toons to get a path down for us to follow as it does to gather goods and level a profession and what-not.

But no, Im not privy to pricing decisions. Im just a customer like you.

Comment

EDIT with more info:

Lets all not dance around the fact that this is a business. Zygor Guides is here to offer a product of value, and make money doing it. Nothing wrong with that. In my opinion the price is a bit higher than what other folks might be charging, but after using the other products out there the small amount more I pay to Zygor is more than reasonable for what I get in return.

Comment

But you're a mod, shouldn't you know everything?

I just don't think the cost is going to be worth it this time around. Granted, since Blizzard has decided to make me blitz level to finish my What a Long Strange Trip It's Been achievement, I will need the leveling guide to get me through. The others? Maybe not getting. It's sad because...I wouldn't have questioned upgrading all of them had the prices been a bit lower from the get-go.

*camps out for black friday sale*

Comment

I hate to say this, but even though I do like zygor I have to think about whether it's worth upgrading when I can go to a competitor and either get their upgrade much cheaper, or outright buy from another one and still be paying less than the upgrade cost. While yes I understand this is a business I do have to question that logic. You may get more money in the short term, but in the long term I think it'll bite you in the backside.

Comment

Dont get this response wrong; I am in no way judging the logic you used to get to this decision. I will simply say this is perhaps another perspective you might want to consider...

Some time ago you could have payed for 1 of 2 cars, a Yugo or a Toyota (just to throw out a car maker). While the yugo was, in fact, a car, and got you where you needed to go, in the long run you paid money for something that was less substantial in quality and the company no longer exists, leaving you with spending more money to get the vehicle you passed up originally based solely off a monetary decision.

Again, not really trying to sway you, just pointing out that Zygor has been true to his word and to his promise to the customers since day 1. That alone is worth a smaller fee in my eyes.

Comment

I do understand that. But I need to (and i'm assuming others do as well) take price into consideration, there is nothing wrong with that. Part of my point is Zygor is not the only game in town, and i've already gotten emails from 2 other companies with simular products which are not bad products, but both have a lower cost. So I really think Zygor should re-evaluate the prices. Though this is only my personal opinion, he can listen or ignore it at his choice, i'm just stating what I think.

Comment

Nah, nothing wrong with that at all, and you are welcome to voice your opinion.
                      There has been at least 1 occasion where I was sure I knew what Zygor's response was going to be, only to be 100% wrong 5 min later.
                      You just never know with that gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                        Some time ago you could have payed for 1 of 2 cars, a Yugo or a Toyota (just to throw out a car maker).
                        Zygor has a good guide no doubt. But I would not say it is of greater quality than the other guides having used both Zygor and the D one I can say they both have their good and bad points.

Comment

Plus even though I personally dislike D's "i'm being abused by the evil company" attitude and heavy handed tactics, he did put up a good plan for upgrades.

Comment

You guys can spin it anyway you like, but it is too much for an update, for people who have already purchased the guide. Everyone expects to pay something for the content on a new expansion. But not this much, I would still be puffing if it was half the amount.

I for one, will not be updating.

Especially when another guide is giving the updates for free to established members.

PH

Comment

Kam,

Can you send me a packet of what you were on when you wrote the above, I think it must be good stuff.

I don't think Zygor is significantly superior to other guides available, but it is significantly more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                                Yes, purchasing just a single faction upgrade by itself is $20.00, but the bundle deal you referred to has each upgrade at $15.00.
                                And so, we end up right where we started. The combined faction/horde guide cost for the Leveling/Loremaster guide was $60.00. The upgrade is $30.00, and that is still 50%.

And I'm done beating this horse... I am never going to get you to admit it's 50%, even though a message you (or Cabby maybe) posted said, "the cost of an update is usually half the price of the original product". You said it yourself! Half the price == 50%!

Comment

Working...
                                X