Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zygor guide model

Hi zygor and team,

About a year ago there were some suggestions about changing the zygor guide model where you were thinking of change to a subscription model, from what I recall there was some comments about the fact that the current guide users who had already bought the guides would lose out, however now that we are about halt to three quarters the way through the life span of MOP and a new expansion will be out soon what are your thoughts about putting this model forward again as your current users will have to upgrade their existing subscriptions when the new expansion of wow comes out?

Yours spasm.

Hi guys,

Supprised to see no input as yet not an idea worth thinking about?

Yours Spasm

Comment

You posted after all the guys were out of the office for the weekend. I'm not in the loop on that kind of thing so you'll have to wait until they're back in the office again for any kind of meaningful response.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

ok thanks!

Spasm

Comment

Unfortunately the subscription model was not well received by our customers the last time we proposed it which interestingly enough was also just before an expansion. The only way we would consider it at this point is if an overwhelming majority of customers were requesting it.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Hi Zygor,

Then maybe it's time to think again, work out a price structure, and see where we end up as I intend to update all my guides as will most of your other subscribers we all trust your ethics and know your guides are the best to have!

I do recall the last time this idea was thought about but nothing stays the same maybe a six month contract instead of a monthly contract would be better.

yours spasm

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
              Unfortunately the subscription model was not well received by our customers the last time we proposed it which interestingly enough was also just before an expansion. The only way we would consider it at this point is if an overwhelming majority of customers were requesting it.
              Sorry but I have to correct you.
              The subscription model came up less than a year into Cataclysm and over a year before the MoP release.
              Here's the post about the subscription thing being canceled from September 2011:
              http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...Subscriptions!
              Also the subscription idea came up before professions & achievements, pets & mounts, titels reputations and macros (all announced in that post) and dungeons and gear guide were released.
              At that time a subscription model as complete replacement to the current pricing model was no competition, simply because most people already bought the Cata guide upgrades or already bought the Cata guides and there were not enough guide packages to justify a price of 5$ or more each month.

I'd suggest you make a poll about this issue.
              Subscription as alternative or replacement to current pricing model?
              And how much would you spend for the complete Zygor package each month (maybe from 5-10$, I personally would not pay more than 7,50$)?

Comment

I think now is a good time for a poll since your competitor has moved to a cheaper subscription model. You never know it might be better received this time round. For the record, I was against the model the last time it came round. Subscriptions seem to be a business model that a lot of businesses are taking up, and I myself use for a few services.

I would probably go for a sub model now, providing it was no more than $50 a year and I could still use the guides that I have with no access to updates if I decided to not renew. I would not take it up if it cost the same as WOW yearly sub price.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                  Sorry but I have to correct you.
                  The subscription model came up less than a year into Cataclysm and over a year before the MoP release.
                  Which is about where we are right now awaiting Warlords of Draenor, give or take a few months. We don't expect the next expansion to hit until late summer or early fall of 2014 at the earliest.

The subscription model was the most unpopular idea in the history of Zygor Guides so it would take a lot for us to reconsider it. The current model has been very successful and is well received by customers and we have no plans to change it at this time.
                  Last edited by Zygor Admin; November 25, 2013, 02:27 PM.
                  Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Hi zygor,

Your guides are going to be successful as they are the best out on the market, it was just a thought I had and thought I’d suggest it to see what the response was, I would go for a 6 monthly subscription if you were to put this option into consideration, but reading the above probably this will not be happening.

Yours Spasm

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                      Which is about where we are right now awaiting Warlords of Draenor, give or take a few months. We don't expect the next expansion to hit until late summer or early fall of 2014 at the earliest.
                      That's why subscription as a replacement of the current model right now would not be the best idea. But you should consider a subsciption model as an alternative when we get nearer to the next expansion.

I was against a subscription in the past because there would not have been an alternative when I wanted to get the guide packages that were released at that time.
                      Only to get the new guides I would have needed to pay the same subscription price as someone who did not own any MoP guide package, and all that when I already paid quite some money for the leveling and dailies MoP upgrades.

Now the guide lineup is pretty complete, nearly every aspect of the game regarding leveling and questing is covered. So this time we have a completely different situation. I can use all the guides for the rest of MoP and when WoD comes out I can decide to buy individual upgrades for the guides I own or switch over to a subscription. This would sound far better.

If I understand it correctly "the other guide" offers the subscription as an alternative, you can still buy guide packages for the old price.

Comment

Working...
                      X