Very frustrated with installation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very frustrated with installation!

Hi all, I have a mac and downloaded this zip I will try to be as detailed as possible so I can get what i hope is a clear resolution to what im doing wrong.
    1.once unzipped I have 1 folder "ZygorGuides-both"
    2.In that folder there are 2 folders "ZygorGuidesViewer" and "ZygorTalentAdvisor".

Now, I have tried copying both of these folders and putting them in the addon folder and I see them there but they dont show up with my other addons (yes, I do have "load outdated add on's" checked) I have also looked at this post http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3153 it was not helpful for me.

In the "mac instructions" it said "simply highlight the cartographer and zygor folders and put in your addon folder....ooooo if it was only that easy!! Problem is there is NO cartographer files! I even tried there link to watch a video on the installation and it sent me to TArget.com!!! Did I get ripped off? Or am i just paranoid? Please help!!!

Fireguy

The instructions are a bit old, the guides just moved away from using Cartographer and now have a built in waypoint arrow. The only 2 folders are ZygorGuidesViewer and ZygorTalentAdvisor.

I don't have, nor have I ever worked with, a Mac so I can't really help you out much more than that, but I'm sure someone will be along before too long that can guide you in the right direction.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

After purchasing the guide, head over to http://www.zygorguides.com/amember/member.php and login with the username and password you registered when you bought the guide. Inside the Members Area, you will find your guide download/s under the label Product Downloads. Click the link of the guide you want to download.

On the next page, you will see download links for the Windows, Mac, and Manual versions of the guide. Currently, the Windows version is the only one installed with an auto-installer. The Mac version is the same as the manual version, which means you will have to copy and paste the guide files into your AddOns folder manually.

Mac Install:
      All of the files in the Mac version of the guide are bundled together in a zip file. Your Mac will automatically open the ZIP file up, as if it were a folder. So you will immediately see the Cartographer and Zygor folders in a window. Simply highlight all the Cartographer and Zygor folders and copy them.

Now, go to your World of Warcraft AddOns folder. The default location on Macs is:
      Macintosh HD \ Applications \ World of Warcraft \ Interface \ AddOns

Once inside your AddOns folder, paste all of the Cartographer and Zygor folders inside there.

Now, open up World of Warcraft (the game) and login to your account. At the character selection screen, click the AddOns button at the bottom left corner of the screen. In this list, make sure Zygor Guides Viewer and Zygor Talent Advisor are checked and disable all of the Cartographer addons EXCEPT Cartographer, Cartographer Waypoint, and Cartographer Notes. At the top right of this box check "Load out of date AddOns" and click Okay.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I own a mac, and will give you my steps

1) Open your Finder - go to applications - go to WoW folder - find addons folder
        2) Open Safari and go to members section of Zygorguides.com - DL the MAC portion of the guide
        3) double-click the file in the DL page that auto appears
        4) Highlight both files inside the downloaded file and move into the addons folder in your applications file you opened first
        5) log into Warcraft
        6) before you choose a toon, hit the addons button bottom right
        7) make sure Zygor is selected and the 'Load out of date addons' is checked
        8) Log into a toon and level to 80
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
        X