OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find and link existing quests to Zygor Guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find and link existing quests to Zygor Guides?

This seems impossible to me. I think I've tried everything. I spent an hour scrolling aimlessly through multiple (possible?) Zygor Guides trying to find which one this quest, or (these kinds) of quests is/are related to. No luck at all! I've had the same problem with each of my other lvl 90 char's when trying to work the 'garden' area and to gain Tillers reputations. It is the same issue, repeatedly, with each new char.

How do we find which Zygor Guide should be accessed to work on these specific quests? It is utterly confusing.
    Farmer Fung-Zygor Guide to use.jpg

All of the 'Vote' quests in Four Winds are part of the Tillers Reputation or Dailies guide.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You are telling me that 'in person.' Why don't the Guides tell me that? You know it by heart from experience. How are other users supposed to find that 'clue?' And, which of the Tillers Reputations are we supposed to choose to find it? Farmer Fung under "Reputation" for Farmer Fung? Is it somebody else? Is it in the Dailies Guide, or in the Reputations Guide? Where exactly?

I'm looking for a specific answer.

I appreciate your reply, but a little more help with trying to understand how the Guides work will be appreciated.

Comment

They are in the Tillers Dailies guide. With my first 90, that seemed the obvious guide to choose because my aim was to do the Tillers dailies. I figured that if there were any pre-quests then they would also be covered.

Comment

If it was an individual's guide I would have told you it was in Farmer Fung's reputation guide. I said in the Tillers reputation or dailies guide because that's the guide name, 'The Tillers', and it's in the Reputations guides section. There is also a 'The Tillers' guide in the Dailies guide section. I can't help it if you want to make it harder by not actually looking for what I said and looking at everything else.

As for knowing which guide without someone telling you, which guide told you to pick up that quest to begin with? It was The Tillers guide. If you picked it up without a guide telling you to pick it up then you're on your own. Our guide viewer won't magically tell you 'hey, you have this quest so you want to load this guide'. While the game might be a world of make believe there are still limitations on what we can and can't do with the guide viewer.
          Last edited by cabby; May 3, 2014, 08:32 AM.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Though it seems to be a nice idea to search all the guides for a particular quest or even have that info added to the quest log you should keep in mind there are several thousand quests in the game.
            Scanning all guide files to build a database of quests covered by the guides requires an enormous amount of resources.

So for the seldom cases where this is really needed I rather use a text editor.
            I look up the quest ID at wowhead and search for this ID inside all LUA files in the Zygor folder in the WoW addons folder.
            Notepad++ is a great and free tool for this.

Comment

Working...
            X