Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questing vs BG for leveling from 70-80

Hey all,

First let me say I am a happy paid customer of the guide, and swear by it. That said, I am burnt out on questing and want to get to 80 ASAP this time around. I have a level 70 Rogue. What is the current thinking, will I level faster doing AV over and over again or questing thru Northrend with my trusty guide? I am mainly concerned with pure speed to end goal.

Also, any thoughts on whether it would be more worthwhile to get say gold from 10 levels of questing or honor from 10 levels of BGs? I already have the gold for my epic mount and cold weather flying, so that is a factor as well. Thanks very much for your opinions.

If u r gonna pvp why not bg till 80 so u can get ur pvp gear?
    If ur gonna raid the quest?
    I no that ain't much but it's my 1 cent lol
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

From my experience, you get more XP from Northrend questing. AV does give XP, but i found it lacking for the time put into it. Also, you don't get very much XP at all when you are getting slaughtered by the opposing faction. I wish BGs gave XP back when i was doing AV in BC (on horde side)... we won 9 out of 10 matches. Now that i'm on alliance (playing with extended family), PvP blows hard.

So my advice, I would quest with the guide in between queuing for Randoms and BGs, and Random BGs. This might help with you getting burnt out. On the other side of the coin, it's hard to get into a rhythm/groove when you have to stop questing and change your focus. hehe
      I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Working...
      X