Lua error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lua error.

I apologize in advance but I had no idea where to post this.

Whenever I kill something, in this case it's in Black Temple I get this LUA error.

Message: ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED: ZygorGuidesViewer tried to call the protected function 'ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_Midnight:Hide()'.
    Time: 10/30/16 03:10:02
    Count: 413
    Stack: [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...ibraries\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:90: in function `Fire'
    ...AddOns\ElvUI\Libraries\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...AddOns\ElvUI\Libraries\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>
    [C]: in function `Hide'
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:193 4: in function `ArrowFrame_OnUpdate_Common'
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:167 8: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:16 74>

Locals: <none>

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Just now when I went into the gear settings in the Zygor settings I had this one.

Date: 2016-10-30 03:08:34
    ID: 1
    Error occured in: AddOn: ZygorGuidesViewer
    Count: 413
    Message: Note: AddOn ZygorGuidesViewer attempted to call a protected function (ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_Midnight:Hide()) during combat lockdown.
    Debug:
    [C]: Hide()
    ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1934: ArrowFrame_OnUpdate_Common()
    ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1678:
    ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1674
    Locals:
    None
    AddOns:
    Swatter, v7.1.5675 (TasmanianThylacine)
    AddOnSkins, v3.40
    Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded)
    BigWigs, vv21.2
    ComboPointsRedux, v4.0.13
    Configator, v5.1.DEV.406(/embedded)
    DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded)
    ElvUI, v10.29
    ElvUIEverySecondCounts, v1.18
    ElvUIProgressionInTooltip, v1.14
    ElvUISLE, v3.15
    Enchantrix, v7.1.5675 (TasmanianThylacine)
    EnchantrixBarker, v7.1.5675 (TasmanianThylacine)
    Grid, v7.1.0.0
    GridManaBars, v1.11
    GTFO, v4.41.2
    Informant, v7.1.5675 (TasmanianThylacine)
    LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.412(/embedded)
    NomiCakes, v7.1.0.1
    Skada, v1.5-13
    SkadaWaterShieldPPM, v1.11
    SlideBar, v7.1.5675 (TasmanianThylacine)
    Stubby, v7.1.5675 (TasmanianThylacine)
    TellMeWhen, v8.2.2
    TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.405(/embedded)
    ZygorGuidesViewer, v6.0
    BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v7.1.0.70100 <none>
    (ck=343)

Comment

Exit the game, go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder, and delete the Zygor files in there. Then when you go back in game and you're setting up the guide viewer again do not change the arrow skin. Leave it on the default Stealth skin. The other 3 arrow skins are having some problems that we will be addressing.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I've done what you said.

This is the error message I get now.

Message: ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED: ZygorGuidesViewer tried to call the protected function '<unnamed>:Hide()'.
        Time: 10/31/16 00:47:59
        Count: 3
        Stack: [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4>
        ...AddOns\ElvUI\Libraries\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...AddOns\ElvUI\Libraries\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>
        Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapActionButton.lua:58: in function `Clear'
        Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapActionButton.lua:67: in function `Refresh'
        Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapActionButton.lua:19: in function `SetMapAreaID'
        Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:418: in function <Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:381>
        Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2358: in function `SetUIPanel'
        Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2385: in function `MoveUIPanel'
        Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2416: in function `HideUIPanel'
        Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2090: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2082>
        [C]: in function `SetAttribute'
        Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2884: in function `HideUIPanel'
        Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2850: in function `ToggleFrame'
        Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:242: in function `ToggleWorldMap'
        [string "TOGGLEWORLDMAP"]:1: in function <[string "TOGGLEWORLDMAP"]:1>

When I finally was able to log in after having done as you instructed me I decided to go to Val'sharah and test it out.
        The lua error appeared when I was driving around.
        Last edited by hjoldarh; October 30, 2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

This one appeared after I heartstoned.

Message: ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED: ZygorGuidesViewer tried to call the protected function '<unnamed>:Hide()'.
          Time: 10/31/16 01:00:34
          Count: 3
          Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:1230: in function `WorldMapFrame_Update'
          Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:2809: in function `WorldMapFrame_UpdateMap'
          Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:436: in function <Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:422>
          [C]: in function `SetMapToCurrentZone'
          Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:370: in function <Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:349>
          [C]: in function `Show'
          Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2374: in function `SetUIPanel'
          Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2176: in function `ShowUIPanel'
          Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2086: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2082>
          Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2868: in function `ShowUIPanel'
          Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2852: in function `ToggleFrame'
          Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:261: in function `ToggleWorldMap'

Comment

Looks like now you're having issues with an addon conflict. I see ElvUI mentioned in there and I know another person was having a conflict with the enhanced chat in ElvUI causing errors. Try disabling that chat in ElvUI and see if that gets rid of these errors.

Comment

Alright! So far thank you so much for all the help.

I am able to reproduce the problem 100% now. It seems to happen whenever I go into combat while having or opening my map.
              If I just go into combat without opening the map I receive no errors. But as soon as I open the map I will get this LUA error. I am not sure if it's 100% the same as I previously posted so I apologice in advance if it is.

Time: 10/31/16 15:18:51
              Count: 1
              Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:418: in function <Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:381>
              Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2358: in function `SetUIPanel'
              Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2385: in function `MoveUIPanel'
              Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2416: in function `HideUIPanel'
              Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2090: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2082>
              Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2884: in function `HideUIPanel'
              Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2850: in function `ToggleFrame'
              Interface\FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:242: in function `ToggleWorldMap'

Comment

Try testing with all other addons disabled. See if you get the error when only Zygor is enabled and you open the map while in combat.

Comment

So, I went into my folder and changed WTF and Interface to be named WTF.old and Interface.old and reinstalled zygor.
                  and I had no error.

So what does that mean? That there is some communication problem between some part of elvui and zygor?
                  And who should I approach to find a viable solution? You guys or the developers of Elvui?

Comment

Thats definitiv a BUG in Zygor:

7x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'ZygorGuidesViewer' hat versucht die geschützte Funktion '<unnamed>:Hide()' aufzurufen.!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:573: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:573>
                    FrameXML\WorldMapActionButton.lua:58: in function `Clear'
                    FrameXML\WorldMapActionButton.lua:67: in function `Refresh'
                    FrameXML\WorldMapActionButton.lua:19: in function `SetMapAreaID'
                    FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:390: in function <FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:353>
                    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2320: in function `SetUIPanel'
                    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2347: in function `MoveUIPanel'
                    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2378: in function `HideUIPanel'
                    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2052: in function <FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2044>
                    FrameXML\UIParent.lua:2846: in function `HideUIPanel'
                    FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:305: in function <FrameXML\WorldMapFrame.lua:305>

Locals:

Or is Bugsack now the Addon, that causes the errors???

Comment

Goover, if it seems like it is changing then try renaming the Interface and WTF folders to something else and then install Zygor again like hjoldarh did.

Hjoldarh, what you do now is slowly add back your other addons one at a time and test to see if the error comes back. If the error comes back then the last addon you installed is most likely the cause of the problems. Normally conflicts happen with addons that have not been updated for the current patch so first thing to do is double check to see when it was last updated by it's author.

Comment

Alright, I'll do that tomorrow!
                        Sorry for my slow response! and thanks for being so helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                          Goover, if it seems like it is changing then try renaming the Interface and WTF folders to something else and then install Zygor again like hjoldarh did.
                          Thats nothing else as: Delete Zygor folder in /interface/addons and Delete WTF Folder..... I did that a lot

And disable all Addons and slowly enable Addon by Addon is not my Job, because i'm not payed for Betatesting from you
                          Last edited by goover; November 3, 2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X