This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Guides Updater - Error

Your button to "Launch WoW" off of the main updater screen is incorrectly assuming that the WOW launcher application is located at "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe". It CORRECTLY updates the guide based on where it has automatically determined where the "Addons" folder is located. But then it fails to use this as the basis for determining where the Launcher.exe program is located.

In my case, I am running Windows 7 and the default installation directory for WOW is "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft".

As a result, the button on your screen is unusable because it cannot find Launcher.exe where it is expecting to find it.

Thanks in advance for taking care of fixing this... although it is a minor annoyance because it has not kept me from enjoying and using your product.

Regards!

Basing on some odd installations, the Updater does not assume addons are in (WoW directory)\Interface\AddOns, but rather on the registry setting. You're saying it correctly detects the location of addons, but assumes WoW to be in C:\Program Files... ? Odd indeed, as both points use the very same detection... Investigating.

(Edit) Wait, I just wrote some nonsense above there. Suffice it to say that indeed the same location is used in both cases - I'm trying to find where the detection might work and then fail mysteriously.

Comment

The current updater should properly detect the launcher's location, please re-check.

Comment

i have tried to update my current zygor guide through the updater, but every time i try to update, it tells me that it cannot find the wow launcher........ for example ..................cannot find program files(x86)\world of warcraft\launcher.exe......multiple messages pop up all telling me it cannot find the launcher, this started occuring after patch 5.0.4 was installed for wow

Comment

Blizzard renamed the Launcher.exe file. The following steps should get the Updater fixed for you.

1. Run the Updater (click on Abort in the small window if needed to prevent the auto-launching of WoW)
          2. Click Settings
          3. In the 2nd box go to the very end of the line and change it from Launcher.exe to World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
          4. Click OK
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

A new build of the Zygor Client can now be downloaded from the Members Area which fixes the "Launcher.exe" issues. We've also deployed a new guide release that adds support for Italian clients, and includes updates to the starter zone guides.

http://www.zygorguides.com/members/
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
            X