X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

how much will the guide be :3 for cataclysm i bought 1-80

Comment

No price has been decided upon yet but it will be no more than $20.00.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I prob will buy the new cata lvln guide but I think I'm just gonna do every quest or lots more then the guide would tell u too!
        I'm lvln my 5th 80 now(7 if u count the Allie dk's I deleted) and I badly touch northrend still lol! I've done the starting areas then did dragonblight and some of grizzly and then I'm 80! I did a lil of sholarbasin and strompeaks on the Allie dk's I deleted but even then maybe 15-25% of there quests!
        So this time I'll just lvl to 85 on most my toons then on one I'll do as much as I can!
        LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
        Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
        Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
        Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
        Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
        Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
        Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
        Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
        Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
        Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
        Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
        Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

How long will it take (as far you currently know) to level from 80 to 85?
          Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
          Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

No confirmation yet. But I've read in some places to take as long as 70-80 to level.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Enough already...

I read enough posts to get sick of reading them.

I started writing my own notes on which quests to do and which to avoid, it was quite tedious. Not to mention writing an application in Lua to manage the guide, process game messages, AND fix it every time a patch is released that breaks every addon. Consider the work required for continuous updates as those bone heads at Blizzard tweak quests ever so subtly, and the expected bugs, and filtering out good user suggestions from the bad, etc., etc.

Enter Cataclysm which is not just an expansion of 5 more levels, but trashing the "old world" and doing who knows what to the guide's content. Do not even think that only a few quests, or even say 20% of the quests will be altered; it is the discovering of which quests were altered that will take time. I presume every quest will need to be revisited.

I paid my $50 for the original Ally guide and managed to get the Horde on sale for 30 or 35. I won't buy the new guide right away unless I suck really bad, but eventually, I will, when I, once again, get fed up with doing waste-of-time quests. Anybody whining about the cost of the guide should try running their own business or try calculating how much time (= money if you value your personal time) they saved with the guide.

Keep up the good work, Zygor.

Comment

Cool I'll have a few of my toons to 85 by the end of December, then
                Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
                Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Originally posted by Shaularian View Post
                  I read enough posts to get sick of reading them.

I started writing my own notes on which quests to do and which to avoid, it was quite tedious. Not to mention writing an application in Lua to manage the guide, process game messages, AND fix it every time a patch is released that breaks every addon. Consider the work required for continuous updates as those bone heads at Blizzard tweak quests ever so subtly, and the expected bugs, and filtering out good user suggestions from the bad, etc., etc.

Enter Cataclysm which is not just an expansion of 5 more levels, but trashing the "old world" and doing who knows what to the guide's content. Do not even think that only a few quests, or even say 20% of the quests will be altered; it is the discovering of which quests were altered that will take time. I presume every quest will need to be revisited.

I paid my $50 for the original Ally guide and managed to get the Horde on sale for 30 or 35. I won't buy the new guide right away unless I suck really bad, but eventually, I will, when I, once again, get fed up with doing waste-of-time quests. Anybody whining about the cost of the guide should try running their own business or try calculating how much time (= money if you value your personal time) they saved with the guide.

Keep up the good work, Zygor.
                  What's worst about this is that not only would they have to revisit every quest that they already have in the guide, but every other quest that still exists that they previously didn't use - to see if it's changed to the point where they might want to use that quest or quest chain now - plus as you said, going through every new quest. yea... glad I just have to click "UPDATE" and just like magic, my guides will include all that hard work.

I will be buying the new updates about when they come out - or shortly thereafter as long as they aren't too much. What kinda sucks is that I'm now looking at updating the leveling and the daily/events guide - but oh well... ya gotta pay for the quality of the work that they put out... ya know? lol

See ya in game!
                  * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

i've read all of the replies in this thread and i just want to say thanks to zygor guides for keeping their word when it comes to 1 - 80. i'm very very happy to know that 1 - 60 is being updated for cataclysm for FREE if you have already purchased the game. that is a lot of content that you are giving your existing members for free. i will be looking forward to your 81 - 85 guide, which hopefully will come out soon *fingers crossed*

My question is, what are the zygor staff priorities at this point? And correct me if I am wrong. This would be my priority if I was in your position.

1) finish 1 - 80 first
                    2) finish 81 - 85
                    3) finish starting zones for the new races worgen and goblin
                    4) dailies and talents

and also.... once your new products become available (81 - 85, new starting zones, etc) PLEASE LET ME KNOW! lol.

Comment

Totally Agree

Originally posted by overrideb1 View Post
                      Zygor's staff are going to have to update levels 1 to 60(ish) to reflect the new maps and we're getting that for free as part of our lifetime update guarantee.

Presumably Cataclysm will also affect some 60 to 80 areas too - and we're getting that for free too.

The new areas covering 80 to 85 we have to pay for 'cause they'll be brand-spanking new. I have no problem paying Zygor for new leveling guides to cover new areas - especially since I'll be zooming through them with the usual speed because of the guides. To my way of thinking $30 - $40 to cover the new areas and recompense the team for the modified "old" areas seems pretty reasonable since we'll, in effect, be getting a whole new guide.
                      I have to totally agree on the above quoted post. I'm still using my guides and I spent quite a bit on them back in the good old days.

Thanks everyone at Zygor, you made my life easier and those of my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by edwardjulius View Post
                        i've read all of the replies in this thread and i just want to say thanks to zygor guides for keeping their word when it comes to 1 - 80. i'm very very happy to know that 1 - 60 is being updated for cataclysm for FREE if you have already purchased the game. that is a lot of content that you are giving your existing members for free. i will be looking forward to your 81 - 85 guide, which hopefully will come out soon *fingers crossed*

My question is, what are the zygor staff priorities at this point? And correct me if I am wrong. This would be my priority if I was in your position.

1) finish 1 - 80 first
                        2) finish 81 - 85
                        3) finish starting zones for the new races worgen and goblin
                        4) dailies and talents

and also.... once your new products become available (81 - 85, new starting zones, etc) PLEASE LET ME KNOW! lol.
                        Everything Zygor has a guide for that will be effected by the expansion release is of equal importance.
                        If you think you have an idea what is involved, tech savy or not, double it, then double it again.
                        Hats off to the coders for the task at hand. Y'all rock.
                        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Ok. I am guilty of not reading all 14 pages in detail but I did read some of the complaints about prices. So here is my 2 cents and a question.

People who already paid full price for the 1-80 part of the guide don't want to pay the same amount of money as those who do not own the guide at all yet. That seems like a reasonable argument to me. Zygor staff compared it to buying WoW. Sure I can by Vanilla and BC for less now then when it first came out. But When i buy Cataclysm for lets say $100 dollars (collectors edition) that just covers the new content. I dont' have to go back and buy Vanilla plus BC and wrath as well.

If I didn't own Vanilla/BC/Wrath, I would need to buy all 3 plus Cataclysm which would cost a lot more then the $100.

So Basically what I am saying is shouldn't people who don't own zygors at all pay more money, lets say $30 (just throwing out an arbitrary number) and those who already own the 1-80 portion pay an upgrade fee of lets say $10? That doesn't seem unreasonable since we are already getting the 1-80 portion updates that we paid for for free (By the way I have to admit that this is huge. Thats a ton of work that you probably never expected to have to do when you said free updates for life. This alone makes the guide worth every cent I paid and I salute you for your effort).

Either way I love your product but some clarification on this would be great.

So to clarify my question:
                          Shouldn't existing yours pay a lesser upgrade fee and new users pay a higher purchase fee?

Also will pre-ordering be available? If so, when?

Comment

There will be an announcement next week from Zygor with the actual prices but how you have it there is pretty accurate. For those of us that will be upgrading to add the Cataclysm stuff to our current guides the fee will be somewhere around $20 (price not yet final until announcement). Those who purchase the full guides are currently charged $40 (double the expected upgrade fee). Of course I wouldn't be surprised to see some bundle pricing being announced to ease the wallet crunch for upgrading multiple guides, and I wouldn't be surprised either if Zygor ran some promotional pricing to attract new customers, but typically it's always cheaper to upgrade per guide than it is to buy the full guide.

As for pre-ordering, I know there are a lot of people who would love to see that, but all we can do is wait to see what Zygor has to say about it in the announcement.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cool. That sounds very fair. Thx!

Comment

So when cata comes out we will recieve the update for 1-80 guide which will include the changes implemented by cata, but to get 80-85 we will need to pay right?

Comment

Working...
                                X