Healing advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healing advise

I recently switched to horde (Love it btw) And i recently love healing but i was curious on others opinions on the different healing classes i'm thinking of rolling up a new one on the horde side and now i notice you have a gold guild and a daily guilde (aww your going to kill me Zygor )

Priest, 'nuf said.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I would say that Priests are one of your more challenging healing classes. I love mine. Priests have far more types of heals than the others (i'm pretty sure anyways). Disc priest is my fav just cuz it's mechanics are more complex than a heal spam.

Shamans, Pallies, and Druids are pretty basic, however... if you are meter oriented, which you shouldn't be as a healer btw, then these three are usually on top. Druids mainly.

The druids in my guild pull from 8k to 10k Heals Per Second on some of the ICC fights.
      I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

This goes back to the argument of class and ends in one simple phrase... play what you enjoy.
        Is there an advantage of one healer type over another? NO!
        If you cant play the toon well, you will not be an effective healer.
        If, however, you can play a priest well, or druid, or shaman, then you are an effective healer. What I want and look for in my guild is a toon to get the job done.
        Seems like you enjoy the priest, and this will give you the edge in healing vs you playing a druid.
        That, my friends, is all that matters.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
          Is there an advantage of one healer type over another? NO!
          Hehe actually... there are major advantages from one healer type to the next.

For instance, Pally healers make for very crappy Raid healers and druids don't make for the best Tank healers. Each healer class brings unique buffs/auras to the group/raid as well.

Pally healers can heal 2 tanks at the same time.
          Priests can bring mitigation along with HP/Spirit buffs.
          Shamans have Totems that break fear, cleanse poisons, give massive amounts of mana, etc.
          Druids make for some of THE best raid heals due to their "HoT and Forget" rotation. =p

Also, if you go into Offspecs, you want to know what your options are. Pallies are only Melee so if you don't like melee, probably shouldn't go Pally. Vice versa with Priests.
          Druids and Shamans can melee, caster dps, and heal.

So all in all.. there are quite a few things to keep in mind when trying to figure out what fits you best.
          I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Basically i been in my new server a total of 5 days already 6 guildes has ran with me as a pug healer and are begging me to put my holy pally in their guild

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post
              Hehe actually... there are major advantages from one healer type to the next.

For instance, Pally healers make for very crappy Raid healers and druids don't make for the best Tank healers. Each healer class brings unique buffs/auras to the group/raid as well.

Pally healers can heal 2 tanks at the same time.
              Priests can bring mitigation along with HP/Spirit buffs.
              Shamans have Totems that break fear, cleanse poisons, give massive amounts of mana, etc.
              Druids make for some of THE best raid heals due to their "HoT and Forget" rotation. =p

Also, if you go into Offspecs, you want to know what your options are. Pallies are only Melee so if you don't like melee, probably shouldn't go Pally. Vice versa with Priests.
              Druids and Shamans can melee, caster dps, and heal.

So all in all.. there are quite a few things to keep in mind when trying to figure out what fits you best.
              I will give you specific advantages from one to the other, however, most of the post there was about mitigation to a group that can be self-reliant by that other player in group. "Every Man for Himself" comes to mind for breaking stuns/fear etc. Druids and Priests can remove curses, my druid can remove poisons.... never leveled a shaman, so cant say there.
              Point is, no matter what your healer type is, if you dont play it well, you are an ineffective healer, regardless of the setting.
              Can a holy pally heal a raid group as a whole.... no.
              Will you as a holly pally be chosen as the first healer for a raid.... more than likely yes, if you can play it well. No tanks = no raid.
              The same argument is made on what class to play as a DPS. Not every DPS can fill every role in a raid/guild. But again, if you are trying to fill the role of a tank and are not good with that type of playstyle, and you have read all the info and suggestions out there, yet you still are not getting the job done, you should not be playing that role.
              Its not meant to be offensive or picking on anyone, it just is what it is.
              Case-in-point; My warlock has 2 specs, demonology and destruction. Destruction is supposed to be better at DPS than demonology, per the math. I cannot get my DPS higher in destruction than I can in demonology. So to go into a raid in destruction because its 'supposed to' give me higher DPS rather that what *does* give me better DPS is a mistake and selfish on my part, imho. I have to bring what I am good at, and what benefits the group the best vs my ego.

Comment

So, it seems we have gotten a little off base here. The discussion was if there are differences from one healing class to the next. We kinda got off on Race traits and how more than one class can cure diseases and poisons.

The idea was that there are in fact differences in healer abilities, group/raid roles, and play styles from one class to the next. For instance, if you like healing 1 target only, role with a tank healer such as a pally or priest.. if you like healing groups of people, then you don't want to role a paladin.

My point was that there are in fact differences from one healing class to the next, and your play style has a big part in which one you want to role.

Comment

So you are saying the same thing I just said?
                  I knew I liked you for a reason.

Comment

Yeah this thread got really wonky...
                    You started off saying there are no advantages from having/being one healer class over another...
                    i said yes there was...
                    you agreed by arguing, i think, but then added in your playstyle is important...
                    i agreed, but still confused because it sounded like an arguing response...
                    and then you agreed that ...i agreed, i think..

and so here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post
                      Yeah this thread got really wonky...
                      You started off saying there are no advantages from having/being one healer class over another...
                      i said yes there was...
                      you agreed by arguing, i think, but then added in your playstyle is important...
                      i agreed, but still confused because it sounded like an arguing response...
                      and then you agreed that ...i agreed, i think..

and so here we are.
                      I agree.... here we are.

Ill still say this to the OP; Read up on the different toons abilities, then play with the different toons that make up the healers... pally, druid, priest, and shaman. One or two of these will jump out at you when you read what they can do, and some will not.
                      In the end, players are looking for good healers. If you are trying to play a toon you are not good at to fill a role, you are not doing yourself, or your team, any good at all.
                      Find what you are good at and enjoy. It still boils down to that phrase.

Comment

Malonstrom if u wanna make a new horde toon u should make one on my server for my guild.

It's azshara pvp US horde side and the guild is the ninth gate

my toons r orsinium tydrean and ornek
                        pst me in game or on here hopefuly I hear from u
                        LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
                        Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
                        Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
                        Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
                        Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
                        Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
                        Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
                        Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
                        Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
                        Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
                        Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
                        Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Here's the thing on that....the last PVP server i joined the only way we survived was having a level 60 in full tier 2 gear in Vanilla wow follow us around so we wouldn't get ganked in Lake shrine and Strangle thorn vale.

Comment

Well I have 3 80's and there lots of ppl so far in the guild that will come save u I.e. The pvpers in the guild.

So we will help
                            LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
                            Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
                            Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
                            Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
                            Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
                            Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
                            Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
                            Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
                            Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
                            Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
                            Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA