Gold Guide ETA? And info...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Guide ETA? And info...

First off, excellent job overall on the Dailies and Events Guide. Was able to complete the "Noble Gardener" just in the nick of time (damn female dwarves).

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the Gold and Professions guide and was wondering if there was a general time frame in which we could expect its release. I'm sort of desperate to learn how to make gold right now. The 25-daily speed run is great, but I know there are ninjas on my server who are making a killing through farming and manipulating the AH, and I would like to know how to do that.

I'm only asking because if it's still a good ways off I might spring for another guide in the meantime. I will of course buy the Zygor guide when it is released no matter what, but for the time being I need some new stratagies.

Also, how exactly will this guide cover professions? I've been thinking of starting some different professions on my alts to help support my main, but I'll hold off on doing that if the new guide is going to cover what I'm looking for.

Any info you can give me?

Thanks

- Baller

Don't bother with any of the existing gold guides; I've bought a few, and all it is is "farm farm farm" and "buy low, sell high on the auction house". They also tend to make assumptions on your server's economy with certain items selling high, but that's not always the case (especially after everyone's cottoned on to them, and flooded the AH!).

Hoping that Zygor's guide is better than this
    Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
    Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

I've talked to Zygor over the gold guide before. He used the word "revolutionary".

...YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!
      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
        I've talked to Zygor over the gold guide before. He used the word "revolutionary".

...YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!
        Well, that certainly sounds excellent. But...

ETA?

Just a general timeframe would be nice, just so I have a better idea. I'm in a situation where I can't really raid or do anything serious due to lag and somewhat-crazy availability (I'm a soldier deployed to Afghanistan). My entire strategy right now is basically to be 100% prepared for Cataclysm. Obviously, a large part of that involved stashing a serious bankroll, and aquiring several items (tundra mammoth, for example) that are extremely expensive. I have other things to do in the meantime, however, but I'd like to perhaps know when I will be able to start my gold farm, if that's possible.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm a little skeptical about any gold guide being useful in the long run. Once the secrets are out, and everybody is using them, you can't make gold off them any longer. Why should I spend RL money on a gold guide if it will be outdated as soon as enough people buy it? I'm not being sarcastic -- that's a serious question. Why should I buy the gold guide if it's only good for the first few people who buy it and make a killing before hordes of people start using it?

Comment

Originally posted by willowrose View Post
            I'm a little skeptical about any gold guide being useful in the long run. Once the secrets are out, and everybody is using them, you can't make gold off them any longer. Why should I spend RL money on a gold guide if it will be outdated as soon as enough people buy it? I'm not being sarcastic -- that's a serious question. Why should I buy the gold guide if it's only good for the first few people who buy it and make a killing before hordes of people start using it?
            Well, from what I understand the gold guide is going to cover professions as well, which is something I'm extremely interested in. I mean sure, I could utilize several free guides found online, but I love the convienience of the in-game Zygor viewer. You just can't beat it's funtionality.

I'm hoping that the gold guide is something repeatable that anyone can do, and not influenced too much by the server economy. I'm not sure if that's even possible but that's what I'm hoping for. Even if it's not the absolute BEST way to make gold, it will probably be faster due to the in-game viewer. Just like the leveling guides -- there's one in particular that's probably a faster leveling track, but only if you know how to complete every quest in the game by heart and print off 500+ pages of PDF file. The time wasted "figuring stuff out" is made up for by just following the Zygor arrow.

IDK, I'm just hoping the gold guide is good. If anyone can make it happen its Zygor.

Comment

Originally posted by rokku View Post
              Don't bother with any of the existing gold guides; I've bought a few, and all it is is "farm farm farm" and "buy low, sell high on the auction house". They also tend to make assumptions on your server's economy with certain items selling high, but that's not always the case (especially after everyone's cottoned on to them, and flooded the AH!).

Hoping that Zygor's guide is better than this
              I am skeptical and interested to see what new model and advice they are going to bring to the "Gold Guide" line of business.
              I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

The last sentence you wrote basically sums up my thoughts exactly on it. If anyone can make it happen, it's Zygor. His staff revolutionized leveling and the dailies guides, and really sets the bar for the other companies. As far as the ETA, I can't say anything. I don't hear about ETA's, etc, unless I beg ;-). Even if I find it out, I'm not allowed to disclose the information without permission so you should wait on Zygor, ZG Support, or ZGDev to comment on any ETA as they are the big men on this campus ;-).
                It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Currently there is no projected release date. We will let everyone know as soon as there is one.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                  X