Idea for in-game professions guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for in-game professions guide.

I was thinking for getting herbs, mining, and other trade skills you can use the idea from the Netherwing egg hunting trail, where you put up all the possible locations of lets say copper ore and you can follow the trial/path from maximum leveling.

While a good idea, there are addons out there that already do this for you. Why re-invent the wheel?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Would you be as so kind to link me, or show me an addon?

Comment

Carbonite
        Gatherer
        GatherMate

These 3 are the most popular and do the job very well, it's really a matter of personal preference between the 3.

Comment

I have used Gatherer and Gathermate but never tried Carbonite to speak on it.
          • The big plus to Gatherer is you can exchange data with friends and guildies, if you allow the mod to do so
          • The big plus to GatherMate is the 2nd mod that you can install GatherMate Data. This is nice since ANYONE who allows uploading of node locations from ANY server will help the database and give you a more accurate database then Gatherer

Another on to play with is Routes, let it create routes for the best node paths per zone. This one takes a bit of playing with but once you figure it out it is really nice. All you do is go brain dead listening to music and follow the path. Super easy.
          Cairne Realm
          Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
          Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
          Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Antacus, it's been a while since I used something other than Carbonite but do you know which one it is that allowed you to select an area to not travel to? An example would be you could set it up to not trying to cross over a mountain range or not go into a mine.

Comment

Cabby, I think it is Routes you are looking for. There you can set what is called a Taboo area and it will not calculate any routes through that area.

Routes will use use nodes from Gatherer or GatherMate and calculate and optimize routes that can connect to TomTom or Cartographer arrow.

Comment

That sounds like what I was remembering, thanks Skyflyer.

Comment

Glad someone else answered your question as I just loaded routes about 2 months ago. Problem is I dumped gathering profs on my main in favor of JC/Tailoring so now I don't need it hence not got too fancy with is. I see a lot pf potential with that addon. Someday when I get back to my pally project I'll play with routes more as he is a miner/skinner.
                  Cairne Realm
                  Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                  Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                  Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Working...
                  X