Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING - Phising Scam

Heya Peeps,

Firstly I will start off by saying that the guides that have been produced are by far superior to anything I have seen, and function far beyond my expectations.

The guide was purchased through your paypal link, during which I was asked to reset my security information which didn't strike too unusual considering the account had lain dormant for some time. This was then verified using the paypal telephone verification process - alll was well, i was billed correctly and recieved the product via the recommended channels.
    However, the paypal link is actually compromised and leads to a very sophisticated phising site and in a few days later i have had $1000 U.S. withdrawn from my bank account leading to no end of inconveniance.

BE WARNED - this phising site will not be picked up by any of the 3 firewalls and antivirus programs that I am running, including one endorsed by a major high street bank. (program/company names omitted on purpose)

Please investigate this matter, it is a shame that such a good product and service to be marred by the unscrupulous activities of a few individuals.

I am I the only one to have suffered this? or are there others?

As far as I know you are the only one to encounter something like this.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Pretty sure that this was not connected to Zygor Guides at all, but more a PayPal Phishing scam, so the Zygor product is not injured by this scam.

It's sad that people do this type of thing though. But you must pay close attention to any link sent to you via email (or other means). Firewalls do not pick up links, nor do Anti-Virus...

Comment

You've got a virus that redirects you to there website but it looks like paypal...I forget the name of it, but therefore it had nothing to do with zygor blah blah... So i suggest you get your computer fixed

Comment

One thing that may help Zygor track this down as a legit site would be if you still had the link.
          If you have it, send it to zygor @ zygorguides.com (remove spaces) asking him to check it out.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Yes Email it to zygor at once. I Would reccomend you scan for keyloggers as they may have gotten your info by getting your new paypal informations.

I would do a wipe just to be sure

Also download KL detector . I have malawarebytes and kaspersky internet security which have been awesome.

And Always use virtual keyboard on Windows when putting in credit card details ect. This way if you have a keylogger it wont be able to see anything.
            Zygor Dungeon Guide

Paladin - Level 85 Using Zygor guides since level 32!
            Paladin #2 Level 85 4days /played
            Deathknight - Level 85 Zygor Guides all the way!
            Warlock - 85 Zygor Guides since Level 72!

Zygor leveling guide

Comment

Actually it's questionable whether the virtual keyboard stops it, i've seen some examples where it doesn't nor is copy and paste a guarantee. It seems unlikely that the people that made this stuff would just say well, it's a virtual keyboard so I guess we're defeated.

Comment

Working...
              X