Using with RAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using with RAF

I am finding it a bit of a struggle with RAF. It was claimed in the selling point that this SiS worked well with it. Now I understand that you can fast forward but its catered for if I was following it and is always sending me backwards to start pre quests.

Maybe it should have an option that makes it aware of RAF and only sends you on slain quests and such... remember there is two of you so there is not much of a challenge to exp ratio and your always doing easy quests cause you are always out levelling them.

Now I am willing to accept that I might have overlooked this option and maybe someone can point it out but for the moment I am only seeing this coming into use once I am lvl 57.

The SiS function is more built, imho, for people that really know the ins and outs of the game and/or BoA items that push you faster then the noobie player. If you use RAF you get pushed even faster, add BoA on top of that, for the first 60 levels. As you said the power of a two person team is also quite a bit higher then a one person. Since this guide was built for solo you are going to get things done easier, collection quests aside.

The last time I used RAF I found it did an ok job of keeping up as long as I left the slider set to zero. There was still some back and forth between contenants that I did not like and I was usually 2-4 levels ahead of where the guide said I should be but SiS was skipping stuff like mad. I also never left Eastern Kingdoms but instead simply manually advanced the guide to when it had you come back from Kalimador (sp?). I also skipped most the collection quests. This manual skipping caused a problem every once and a while but all in all I was happy.
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Pretty decent post Anticus.
      My only add is to skip the collection quests altogether with RAF.
      Also, when you start getting that far ahead of the guide, even some of the chain quests (imo) are skippable, with RAF.
      Once you get to a quest the guide wants you to do, you can right-click the icon just before the ' accept (xyz)' quest. This will put up in the chat window the follow-up quests that one quest leads to.
      I do this to judge where I am level wise and where the quests end, and determine if I want to start that quest line, or just move along.
      The RAF is only good till lvl 60, and at that point, you dump your quest log and move to Outlands and start fresh.
      Rep is the only issue for factions exaltation, but that is end game, and easy to get with a higher level toon anyway (rep stays the same in starter areas, unlike xp). This only matters if you are planning to tackle the argent tournament, or want another faction’s mount.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I appreciate to replies. I have been fiddling since I posted the OP and find myself doing a lot of what you suggested Antacus. This has a lot of features that help determine what to skip it just means it's a little more manual then the automatic sales pitch I got when I first found the product.

The click to see where the quest heads feature is good my only grief for the moment is the run around I sometimes get just to hand in one quest but more to the fact that its a chain quest that will result in some easy exp in new area's.

Comment

Working...
        X