Patch 4.0.1 - Please Update Your Guides Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jalee1011 View Post
    I received this error while leveling my death knight. Step #96 of Level 63.

Message: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking.l ua:33: attempt to index local 'leaderboard' (a nil value)
    Time: 10/14/10 19:08:43
    Count: 2
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking.l ua:33: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking. lua:24>
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking.l ua:58: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking. lua:51>
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking.l ua:124: in function `QuestTracking_CacheQuestLog'
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking.l ua:320: in function `func'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:282: in function `?'
    ...wer\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...wer\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...wer\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
    ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals: <none>

The patch does not track monsters Ive killed, doesnt update steps.
    PRetty much, I keep track of what Ive killed, then I manually adjust the step.

I have NO addons even installed.
    It sucks, Huh!!! It works for a while then just stops :*(!!.. I hope an update comes out soon, Zygor said on Twitter that it'll be later today.. But It's 6:30 already! >.<!

Comment

Additional Errors

Ok, this is what Ive noticed so far.
      At Step #93 of Level 63, I started having a crap ton of problems.

Everytime I kill a monster on the objective, a lua error appears in the middle of my screen (and has killed me twice)

Everytime I turn in a quest, a lua error appears.

75% chance that when turning in a bunch of quests.. it will just start autostepping and turning the background blue of the zygor guide window.

It seems that if I am not manually controlling the steps and keeping track of what I kill... Zygor guides goes *poop*

Comment

Everytime I kill a monster on the objective, a lua error appears in the middle of my screen (and has killed me twice)

75% chance that when turning in a bunch of quests.. it will just start autostepping and turning the background blue of the zygor guide window.

It seems that if I am not manually controlling the steps and keeping track of what I kill... Zygor guides goes *poop*
        Yep, the best thing to do for now is wait for that darn update... No idea when it'll get here.. >.<!

Comment

Wow... I guess I'm lucky then cause although about 1/2 of my other addons are still having intermittent errors, the Zygor guides have been rock solid since the update - well, other than the annoying fact that I can't move the minimap icon, but I can live with that... lol

I've completed several quests, picked up a few more and so far this has been one of the few addons that's been apparently stable for me.

Keep up the great work and thanks again. Of course, we all are looking forward the talent build update, but I'm good until then. I just looked up some 4.0 builds for my higher toons... for my lower ones, I just picked what seemed good for them.

Take care all - see ya in Org, UC or Silvermoon... ,
          Matt
          * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

People please, the team are well aware of all the bugs that have come about with the 4.0.1 patch and are working diligently to find a solution to them. Posting problems in this thread or in the General section of the forums will not help. If you have a specific problem, go to the Bugs section and see if someone else has reported the same problem. If they did then generate a bug report and add it to that thread, if the same problem hasn't been reported yet then start a new thread in the Bugs section and attach a bug report there.

And above all else, please have some patience while the team work on the issues. If they spend all their time reading every single post here then they can't spend the time needed to fix it.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Next time this happens, can you generate a bug report for the step that the error displayed for? When creating generating the bug report, make sure the bugged step is active in the guide window. To generate a bug report, right-click the Zygor minimap button, then click the Generate Bug Report button in the options that display.

If anyone else gets this type of error, please do this, as well. This will help us pinpoint what is going on.

Thanks.
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

My guide no longer autoscrolls or auto accept or return quests nor highlights completed steps is this a bug or do i just need to reinstall the guide?

Comment

THANK YOU ZYGOR! the newest patch seems to have fixed my issues
                  BUT there is a message that keeps showing up as follows...
                  "ERROR: What? Quest 6185 claims 5 goals but has none? Please report this."

Comment

Zmaximuz, can you please post those errors in the Bugs section inside one of the other threads of the same error along with a bug report that you can generate in the guide window options.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                    X