Auctioneer Add On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auctioneer Add On

Looking at the site for Auctioneer, seems as though funds are tight for keeping that add on updated.

Any rumors swirling that maybe Zygor might take over that venture and keep it updated as part of an add on for your leveling guides?

Perhaps a fee to download the version for the newest 4.0.1 patch, then say 5 updates till a renewal subscription is due ?

Thoughts? Comments?

Nice job with the quick update to Patch 4.0.1 on your leveling portion of the guide !
    80 Rogue

80 Warlock

80 Death Knight

52 Palladin

Erm... What? Zygor creates awesome guides... They don't manage every little addon there is.

That said, the last Auctioneer update was 2010-10-13 13:18:53

http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/?dl=Pr...e-5.9.4933.zip

Comment

thanks for the link just updated mine

Comment

Not only that, Zygor can't charge a fee for the addon itself or it breaks the Blizzard Addon policy.

With the guides, you can get the guide viewer addon for free with the trial version, but you pay for the full guides that are technically separate from the guide viewer addon.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Will this stop the multiple layers I get now to

Comment

zygor offers this in there bundle as an incentive to get people to buy there product so i dont think it would hurt them to post when updates are avabile

Comment

Originally posted by eco111 View Post
              zygor offers this in there bundle as an incentive to get people to buy there product so i dont think it would hurt them to post when updates are avabile
              I have to correct this. Zygor does not offer Auctioneer or any other AH type addon. This addon and its content is the sole responsibility of the addon author.
              What Zygor and other guides do is make use of Auctioneer due to its function and history of being a solid addon.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I didn't mean to stir up controversy, was just reading the website for Auctioneer and the costs related to keeping that add on running, and since Zygor does such a great job with their leveling guides, and when Cartographer stopped updateding and working with the guide, Zygor picked up the ball and created their own waypoint system.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there for Zygor to pick up the efforts of Auctioneer and mention I'd be willing to pay for the time and effort to keep that add on running up to date.

I see Auctioneer has been updated weth a beta version, will go and check that out.

Thanks for all the responses!
                80 Rogue

80 Warlock

80 Death Knight

52 Palladin

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                  What Zygor and other guides do is make use of Auctioneer due to its function and history of being a solid addon.
                  I must have missed out on this part...
                  Where does zygor use auctioneer?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliwood View Post
                    when Cartographer stopped updateding and working with the guide, Zygor picked up the ball and created their own waypoint system.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there for Zygor to pick up the efforts of Auctioneer
                    Seconded! Maybe in conjunction with a gold guide?

Comment

If you look in the Members Area at your bonus guides, one of the bonus guides is an Auction guide that gives basics on good auction practices and it's based on the Auctioneer addon.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. Thought it was the actual addon they used.

Comment

Nope, no addon. The only addon that you'll find for download here is the Zygor Guide Viewer and the Zygor Talent Advisor. Any other addon is the sole responsibility of it's respective author/copyright owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliwood View Post
                            Looking at the site for Auctioneer, seems as though funds are tight for keeping that add on updated.

Any rumors swirling that maybe Zygor might take over that venture and keep it updated as part of an add on for your leveling guides?

Perhaps a fee to download the version for the newest 4.0.1 patch, then say 5 updates till a renewal subscription is due ?

Thoughts? Comments?

Nice job with the quick update to Patch 4.0.1 on your leveling portion of the guide !

If you goto the main Auctioneer website you can download 5.9 beta and it works like a charm....

Comment

Yep. I'm using it now and no problems with it yet.
                              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.
                              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X