Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update?

Ok, I'm mystified by the most recent announcement, regarding the holiday quests and updating the guide. If I have the updater, shouldn't running that update my guides? Do I really have to go into the AddOns folder, delete the guides and download & install the update? That is, are the guides being updated, or the updater itself.

I did run the updater, and that appears to bring me to the latest version, but when I play, I see nothing related to the holiday quests.

Please de-confuse me!

Do you own the Dailies & Events guide?
    Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
    Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

No, so I guess that explains why I don't have a guide for the holiday stuff. Good - I was wondering about that, but the announcement didn't say explicitly, and I'm kinda new at this.

But what about having to uninstall old guides to get the new version? The links provided in the announcement made it seem like that was necessary, but I don't see why it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by kdfish View Post
        No, so I guess that explains why I don't have a guide for the holiday stuff. Good - I was wondering about that, but the announcement didn't say explicitly, and I'm kinda new at this.

But what about having to uninstall old guides to get the new version? The links provided in the announcement made it seem like that was necessary, but I don't see why it would be.
        You should have access to the current holiday guides as part of the Dailies and Events guide trial. Hover your mouse over the title bar and see if they are already there.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I don't even have the trial, heh. Spoze I should get it!

Comment

The trial version of the Dailies & Events guides should automatically be installed by the Updater. Hover your mouse over the guide window title bar and click on the little gear that rolls out from the right side.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by kdfish View Post

To answer this question and one in your first post:

1) The reason that Zygor staff will tell people to update their guides to get the update is because not everyone uses the Zygor updater to launch WoW or even run it unless they are told to. So... they say that to make sure ppl actually GET the update... (and you'll still see ppl here that will ask why they didn't get the update and then when asked if they ran the updater will suddenly be able to fix their problem... lol)

2) No, I have never had to uninstall the guides prior to installing the update. In fact, I would think that would probably be a very bad idea because you'd lose the status of anything that you were working on - what guide each toon was using, what step they were on, what settings you may have changed after installation... I just run the updater, let it update and then Launch WoW and everything works just fine.

Hope that helps...
              * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Normally you only have to uninstall the guides when there's something really screwy going on and it will sometimes fix it. If all you do is delete the ZygorGuidesViewer and ZygorTalentAdvisor folders from within your AddOns folder your different settings will still be saved and normally this is all that's needed to fix said problems.

As was pointed out, 99% of the time all you have to do is just run the Updater and you'll be fine.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks, folks, for helping the nooby. :0

Comment

Working...
                  X