We have to PAY for updates???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to PAY for updates???

Dear zygor....I bought your guides quite a while ago and never really used it, because the only thing I needed was levels 60-80 for my paladin. I PAID 50 DOLLARS, wich is even more than any wow expack that has been released. I paid for an overpriced addon, but i hoped you would have great support. You are ok, but now I can't even use my guide because you want us to PAY 20 DOLLARS for an addon we already own????? Comon! You really want more money from me?? This is rediculous, and I want my money back If i cant use what I paid for.

You paid for the 1-80 content and that content will be upgraded free for life. If all you want is 1-80 then you have to pay nothing more, ever, and it will always be updated for you. You did not purchase any 80-85 content, nor did you purchase any guides that cover the Goblin or Worgen races, and as such if you want those guides you have to pay a small upgrade fee. The same thing applies to WoW, you had to pay to get the 80-85 and 2 new races from Blizzard because you didn't already own that content.

Now the choice is yours, you can either keep using your 1-80 guides that will be upgraded for free for the rest of the time you play WoW, or if you'd like the new content covered in your guides you can pay a small upgrade fee. Either way, I doubt Zygor would give you a refund a year after your initial purchase.

This particular subject has been covered in great detail over the last 3 or 4 weeks here on the forums.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by parknight View Post
      Dear zygor....I bought your guides quite a while ago and never really used it, because the only thing I needed was levels 60-80 for my paladin. I PAID 50 DOLLARS, wich is even more than any wow expack that has been released. I paid for an . . . addon . . . This is rediculous, and I want my money back If i cant use what I paid for.
      Plus, to add to what cabby already wrote, based on what you said, it appears that you did--in fact-- actually use what you paid for--if you leveled your pally from 60-80 using the guides
      "Gaijin" (foreigner) in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by parknight View Post
        Dear zygor....I bought your guides quite a while ago and never really used it, because the only thing I needed was levels 60-80 for my paladin. I PAID 50 DOLLARS, wich is even more than any wow expack that has been released. I paid for an overpriced addon, but i hoped you would have great support. You are ok, but now I can't even use my guide because you want us to PAY 20 DOLLARS for an addon we already own????? Comon! You really want more money from me?? This is rediculous, and I want my money back If i cant use what I paid for.
        You say the product was overpriced - you'd actually have quite a few people here, including me that would argue that point and say you are wrong, but that's not the main reason I'm replying here.

I saw you had mentioned that you "can't even use the guide" and were figuring it's because you have to pay to upgrade it. As Cabby said, you get the 1-80 updates for life. If you are experiencing problems with the guides functioning as they should be right now though, that is NOT because of a need to upgrade to Cataclysm - it is being caused by major changes that were done by Blizzard just before the 4.03a patch was applied - see the two links below for more info:
        http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ed..-Hopefully.
        http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...n-3.0-Revealed!
        (the 2nd explains not just the new interface for the Zygor Guides but also a possible timeline on the fixes).

There are many of us that have used the guide and are very much behind the Zygor product and their support. If you feel it's overpriced or not supported well, my guess is that you probably underutilized the product and didn't require much support because of that... anyone who has spent a good amount of time on these forums realizes that they take Customer Support and Satisfaction VERY seriously.

Take care and try to relax a bit... it's easier on the body, ya know?
        Matt
        * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

I have a nice big fat post in here on what an update is, and what an upgrade is.
          Use search to find it.

/look for dead horse and stick

Cheers.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

@ the op:
            Look dude, you pay for WoW every month as well as paying for all the expansions that they release. How is this any different? Think you can buy Vanilla WoW and thus make a Blood Elf and go ravage Northrend? Use some common sense dude. Post like these are just asking to be flamed by people who will do it worse than I do.

Comment

Consider this: NO, you don't have to pay for an upgrade, but you have to pay for an expansion. The upgrade to Cataclysm, is just that, an upgrade, while the 80 to 85 section is an expansion.
              QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
              The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I wonder if threads like these could be pointed to a sticky and then locked. It seems like there are five new each day.

Comment

Well, Scottvin... I made a pretty detailed post in here about the difference between an update an an upgrade, including official definitions of the words, followed by the official stance of the guide owner on paying for upgraded content (Cata guides).
                  The post following that post said we (I) were (are) playing word games. Sometimes, no matter what you do, ppl dont want to understand the content of the response.
                  No, no..... No thread or post moves. No matter what, these posts will pop up in here, regardless of the search feature.
                  And I get not wanting to spend extra money; who wants to lower their net value?
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I understand. I too would rather pay nothing for the upgrade but the Zygor crew would have no incentive to keep making the guides. In the large scheme of things if I shave 24 hours off of my "cruise to 85" time that I wouldn't have been able to do without the guide and lets also say that I earn minimum wage ($7.25/hour) - I just saved $174 that I could be earning during that time.

Now, perhaps it could be spelled out more clearly when you purchase the guide and even clicking a check box that says "I understand that I will get lifetime updates for xxx guide but if Blizzard releases an expansion, I understand that I will have to pay an upgrade fee".

To be honest, I liked Brian Knopp's guide back when it was active. I paid for that and when he stopped doing upgrades, I tried out Dugi's and didn't like it. I then found Zygor, so you could say it took me a while to get here but I hope he continues to make guides until WoW ends.

Comment

Let's also hope he expands to other games Would love to see a Zygor guide to the star wars MMO when it comes out.
                      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.
                      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                        Let's also hope he expands to other games Would love to see a Zygor guide to the star wars MMO when it comes out.
                        Don't get my hopes up Chaos, because now if he doesn't I'll cry.

Comment

This guild is perfect, i have used others and they do not come close to this guide.

For only $20 upgrade i get the cata content!!

Roll on release and well done to the dev team

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                            We'd like to do guides for other games. However, the major limitation is that 99.99% of games don't allow addons like WoW does, so more than likely our guides would not be able to be in-game. Although, I'm sure we could find another way to innovate. :-)

Originally posted by ultra View Post
                            This guild is perfect, i have used others and they do not come close to this guide.

For only $20 upgrade i get the cata content!!

Roll on release and well done to the dev team
                            Hey thanks! :-D
                            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

You know Zygor now that I think about it I will start watching to see if they will allow addons for it. I haven't really been keeping up on it lately. I check out the site to night and see if I can find anything about them for it.
                              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.
                              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X