Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volatile farming?

Any good places to recommend?

Have to really ask since I'm dirt poor (in-game) and Zygor haven't made the damn gold guide yet.

I'm a tailor-enchant. If I could craft my own gear it would be good.

All the hotspots I have found have been 'fixed' by Blizzard, making the drop rates so piss-poor its laughable now.
    God forbid someone actually spends time in game taking action to get items in game to sell in game to other players in game.
    Get all that there Bliz!?! its all in game and done legally, so WTF?
    But Im not upset about it..... nope.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

As per Blizzard you really need a high alchemist to make farming volatile possible:

We've recently seen a few questions regarding the functionality of Transmute: Living Elements and whether or not its effects are truly random. There's definitely some behind-the-scenes magic to this particular transmute, so we wanted to provide a bit more explanation on how it works.

Typically, when you use Transmute: Living Elements, you will receive 14-16 random Volatile elements (Volatile Air, Volatile Earth, Volatile Water, or Volatile Fire) in exchange for 15 Volatile Life. If you use this transmute while in one of the new Cataclysm zones associated with the Elemental Planes, however, the element into which your Volatile Life will transform will be predetermined. For example, if you use Transmute: Living Elements while in Uldum, you will always receive Volatile Air for your efforts.

Here's a list of the affected zones and their corresponding Volatile elements:

* Mount Hyjal: Volatile Fire

* Vashj'ir: Volatile Water

* Deepholm: Volatile Earth

* Uldum: Volatile Air

Additionally, alchemists with Transmutation specialization will have a chance to receive bonus Volatile elements when completing this transmute. The bonus will be random, though, regardless of which zone you are in.
      As a correction to this statement, alchemists with Transmutation specialization will currently only have a chance to receive bonus Volatile elements when completing Transmute: Living Elements. The bonus and its chance of success will not be determined by the zone in which the transmutation is completed.

Apologies for the confusion. After testing, this has been confirmed as intended.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I would post how gay and pathetic I think that decision was, but Ill refrain.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
          As per Blizzard you really need a high alchemist to make farming volatile possible:

We've recently seen a few questions regarding the functionality of Transmute: Living Elements and whether or not its effects are truly random. There's definitely some behind-the-scenes magic to this particular transmute, so we wanted to provide a bit more explanation on how it works.
          Here's a list of the affected zones and their corresponding Volatile elements:

* Mount Hyjal: Volatile Fire

* Vashj'ir: Volatile Water

* Deepholm: Volatile Earth

* Uldum: Volatile Air

Apologies for the confusion. After testing, this has been confirmed as intended.
          Made some snips above. I've a 525 transmute master. VLife sells for about 12g in AH on my server. VWater, VEarth, and VFire all sell for between 20g and 30g. VAir sells for 45g to 60g. Took two stacks of VLife (obtained from my herbalist) to the cliffs in Uldum (popped over from Tanaris) and did two transmutes (one at 11:45pm and the other at 12:05am) got a total of 31 VAir.

Some math
          31 x 45g = 1395g for 31VAir

30 x 12g = 360g for 30VLife
          2 x 250g = 500g for 2 truegold transmutes
          Difference is 535g profit to me by transmuting life into air instead of selling life and transmitting truegold.

I'm okay with getting a known result from my transmutes.

Comment

Originally posted by deleon View Post
            Made some snips above. I've a 525 transmute master. VLife sells for about 12g in AH on my server. VWater, VEarth, and VFire all sell for between 20g and 30g. VAir sells for 45g to 60g. Took two stacks of VLife (obtained from my herbalist) to the cliffs in Uldum (popped over from Tanaris) and did two transmutes (one at 11:45pm and the other at 12:05am) got a total of 31 VAir.

Some math
            31 x 45g = 1395g for 31VAir

30 x 12g = 360g for 30VLife
            2 x 250g = 500g for 2 truegold transmutes
            Difference is 535g profit to me by transmuting life into air instead of selling life and transmitting truegold.

I'm okay with getting a known result from my transmutes.
            Isn't "two stacks" of VAir 40 x 12g = 480g?

Still would be a profit of 415g if my math is correct.
            * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Originally posted by voltec View Post
              Isn't "two stacks" of VAir 40 x 12g = 480g?

Still would be a profit of 415g if my math is correct.
              The transmute uses stacks of 15 volatile life and you normally get a return of between 14 and 16 of some other type of volatile element. I'm a transmutation master (so sometimes get extras on transmutes) and my first transmute of volatile life (in Stormwind) resulted in 15 volatile earth and 16 volatile fire.

Comment

Working...
              X