Was I banned because of Zygor guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was I banned because of Zygor guides?

hello everyone, the other day I started a new WoW account and I also bought the Horde level guide for $40. I have been playing the past 3 days and got to level 50 using the guide (it was very useful). But this morning I tried logging in and it said my account was closed due to "Exploitative Activity: In-Game Chat Policy Violation - Advertisement and Spamming".

I do understand why this happened because I am 110% certain I did not due any chat spamming for any type of program nor did I insult or use any harsh language while I have been playing. So I am woundering did zygor somehow make my account spam anything that is not allowed by blizzard? and Zygor is 100% legal and cannot get banned form it right?
    Last edited by littled; January 16, 2011, 07:55 AM. Reason: misstype

Nope Zygor did not get you banned. If you did not do anything I would call blizzard, someone might have your account info. But the guides are safe thousands of people use them and you are the only one that has brought this up.

Comment

O okay thank you for your help, do you think if my account got hacked that I could get it back somehow? do you think they would unban me? because I have 100% proof of all my account information and that I am the owner of the account and ect.

Comment

Just to add to this response... I talk to GM's that I dont know in game, and the GM's I do know. They all know I use Zygor Guides, and I have never been informed, even off the record, that I was at risk of being banned.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I will confirm that the Zygor guides are 100% safe and comply with the Blizzard addon policy. Use of the guides can not get you banned in any way.

You are probably right in that you were hacked. The best option is to call Blizzard (don't bother with the ticket system as it's really slow) and wait the 20min or so in the phone queue and tell the Blizzard customer service rep that your account was hacked and they can normally get the ban lifted pretty quickly.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Not that bad of a time today for ingame response but would still call:
            BlizzardCS
            In-Game response times are approximated as follows: Petitions Queue Duration: 0d:20h: 0m

Here is a link about what to do if your account has been hacked:
            http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...ategoryId=4273
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I can already tell you for a fact you were hacked. My wifes account that had been down for nearly a year got banned for 3 days for the same thing you were. I called them and told them I hadn't activated the account in quite a while and after a couple minutes he could see that it was true and released the account.

Comment

There was one time my account got suspended by an over zealous GM because I emptied my personal guild bank of all its cardian rudies (57), sent them to my JC, cut all of them into gems, and posted them in the AH. The next thing I knew I had an email saying my account was suspended and being investigated for "unusual activity."
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

hey guys, Just to inform you everything is alright for me now. Everyone here was right I guess I was hacked and they used my account to create accounts throught out different realms and spam 3rd part content. I called Blizzard and they confirmed it, they told me to change my e-mail and password and I also ordered a authenticator to keep my account safe in the future.

Sorry I did not in anyway blame zygor for this, I just asked if zygor might have some type of addon that spams chats or something. But I didnt think so it all, this is a great guide, I just leveled about another 5 levels from it today. Doing great and can't wait to hit 85 some time by next week maybe. Thank you all again.

Comment

If you have an iphone or a droid you can get the authenticator for free. It's an app made by blizz and works quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
                      If you have an iphone or a droid you can get the authenticator for free. It's an app made by blizz and works quite well.
                      But remember to remove the mobile authenticator (with the account management website) from the account before updating the smartphone's operating system. Many people had problems when updating their iPhone.

Comment

I've never had any problems with my mobile authenticator when updating my iPhone.
                        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.
                        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                          I've never had any problems with my mobile authenticator when updating my iPhone.
                          I don't know if this has been fixed now but I read posts in the past about people being unable to login after updating. Removing the authenticator from the account for the short time of the update process is only for those who want to be completely safe.

Comment

Working...
                          X