OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professions Guide July Release - Patch 4.2 Preparation Guide - Midsummer Guide Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinghansen View Post
    Argh! I'll keep the paper then. Without support for dual spec, the TA is a pain in the rear end.
    I've not really found it a problem. Just switch spec then load the appropriate talent build - job done.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
      I've not really found it a problem. Just switch spec then load the appropriate talent build - job done.
      As long as there's no support for dual spec, I find it MUCH easier just to print out my desired spec and upgrade it manually. I cross out the points as I apply them. If you throw in that TA constantly keeps loosing your talent (I have TA enabled on ONE toon in order to keep tabs on it ;o))....

Low tech, but paper is easy, fast and works every time
      QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
      The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Will the Professions guide only cover leveling from 1-525? Or will it include tips for the AH -- for example, a list of the Glyphs you all recommend in your Talent Adviser builds (those would most likely be the best sellers)...

Comment

Quick question about the profession guides.

If i'm on the blacksmithing guide does it simply tell me to aquire x amount of copper ore, or does it guide me to get them or...?

Just curious :P

Comment

We may include tips for the AH to make money with each profession, where possible.

Bomyne - You will be able to do both. If you want to purchase them from the AH, you will be able. However, if you can't find the items on the AH, or simply don't want to buy them, you will be guided step-by-step where to farm the items at the best locations, etc - like our Leveling or Dailies guides. Same concept. :-)
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Continued Great Job... have been recommending your guides around for awhile now... though, I don't like giving away my secret to leveling so fast (1-85 7 days <game time> + a couple hours, keep in mind, I did a lot of standing around forcing log offs too)

I wanted to know about possible costs. Not that I am against continual support for the work you do, I am interested in being prepared for it

Thanks, seriously keep up the great work!

RaKlavin

Comment

There has been a lot of problems from people when pricing starts to get mentioned. So much so that Zygor had stated he will never again pre-mention what a guide is going to cost.
                In the past Zygor has been more than fair in his asking price for the products he has put out (speaking as a fellow payor of the guides, not as a mod).
                As far as specific price, we will have to wait for the official word, which usually comes a couple days before the release of a guide.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                  We may include tips for the AH to make money with each profession, where possible.

Bomyne - You will be able to do both. If you want to purchase them from the AH, you will be able. However, if you can't find the items on the AH, or simply don't want to buy them, you will be guided step-by-step where to farm the items at the best locations, etc - like our Leveling or Dailies guides. Same concept. :-)
                  Sweet :P I'm lazy though so i'd probably just buy it :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                    There has been a lot of problems from people when pricing starts to get mentioned.
                    Why do people expect everything for free? Zygor has to make a living, or we are soon without a guide.

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                    In the past Zygor has been more than fair in his asking price for the products he has put out
                    I'll second that. High quality (except for the TA) for a very reasonable price - especially if you compare the products with those of the "competitiors". I am (with the usual exception) more than satisfied.
                    QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                    The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

It hasn't been a thing of people expecting things to be free. In the past anytime Zygor says what the price is early there erupts a debate from people trying to get him to lower the price up until the time the guide is released. The majority will think that the price he determines is fair, but there's always some that want it to be lower and that's when they decide to finally post on the forums and it just becomes a headache.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

it just becomes a headache.
                        Yeah, I can get behind that: I'm a relatively new user and remember watching in amazement the brooha over the Cataclysm Guide. I'm sure the price will be more than reasonable and I'll snap it up when it's available.
                        BTW: Does the profession guide include Archeology, Cooking, and Fishing - 'cause that'd make me jump for joy if it did

Comment

Originally posted by pinghansen View Post
                          Why do people expect everything for free? Zygor has to make a living, or we are soon without a guide.
                          People will whine about anything and everything.

The important thing to remember is that we don't HAVE to have the guide and if we feel that the guide is worth 30-50 USD, then we'll buy it.

Comment

Even if you give something away for free people will complain...

Comment

Originally posted by overrideb1 View Post
                              Yeah, I can get behind that: I'm a relatively new user and remember watching in amazement the brooha over the Cataclysm Guide. I'm sure the price will be more than reasonable and I'll snap it up when it's available.
                              BTW: Does the profession guide include Archeology, Cooking, and Fishing - 'cause that'd make me jump for joy if it did
                              Every single profession, or secondary profession will be included - no exceptions! :-)
                              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                              http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The profession guide will cost, I assume?

Comment

Working...
                                X