OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profession Guide News! Big Update - Lots of Fixes + New Features. :-)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, just noticed that I joined the forums here only 2 months after Zygor did and I've got over double his post count. You need to post more often Zygor.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
      We may discuss the possibility of a lower price point for long-time customers. However, at this time it will likely be the same.
      It's a shame how you're willing to treat your customers who already bought all of your other guides + their upgrades. I really hope you won't rip us off.

Comment

Originally posted by SolarDawn View Post
        That's a shame how you're treating your customers who already bought all of your other guides + their upgrades.
        Sorry, but we disagree. We've been bending over backwards to try to figure out a way to make this fair to everyone. You'll have used our guides for an entire year by the time this change happens. You're only going to have to subscribe if you want *new* guides. How are we being unfair?
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Well, we'll be waiting to say anything else until we're actually announcing something.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            Lol, just noticed that I joined the forums here only 2 months after Zygor did and I've got over double his post count. You need to post more often Zygor.
            But then when would I have time to work on guides and all the other countless things that need to be done?! I don't post as much anymore because you guys do a great job at holding the fort down. Thank you for that.

Comment

Im sorry to say but that's me out if it goes subscription based. I have had your guides for a good while now and paying a one off fee is ok and acceptable but Im not prepared to pay more than £8.99 a month for WOW, (that been the subscription fee). Like it has been said if that happens I certainly wont be going ahead with it. Alot of content for WOW is freely available now on the web, the only problem is it's not in game based. However I dont mind alt-tabbing if it saves me paying extra money each month.

Sorry Zygor, it was good while it lasted. Good luck to you! I feel I will be leaving when the subscription kicks in.

Comment

i would like to point out that zygor DID say that it was uncharted territory, sub based stuff is pretty explored territory. so he is either very inexperienced in subscription based pay OR its something very different then subscription based pay.

my guess would be something along the lines of you can either pay a really small fee like 5bucks or less, (sadly when combined with 15 bucks a month 20bucks is a lot to just play a game and never really own anything. that being said I LIKE OWNING THINGS i HATE that wow is sub based in the first place, i like what champions online did where you pay 300bucks right now and you get a lifetime sub or you dont and just pay the 15 a month.)

i would be ok with a model like that where you pay a STUPID high price in the start but are supported all the way through. or you pay a small amount over time. and when you stop paying you stop getting the service.

just personally, I REALLY enjoy the guides and find them a big help, but paying 100 or 60 or what ever it is i paid is enough. any more and it just becomes too expensive for the average person, and to be a profitable business you have to pander to the biggest crowds. as costumers, we have a choice to either support what he is doing or not. if it becomes a sub based item, we can choose to no longer pay for it. on the other hand, zygor did not say they would be charging us anything for a subscription fee just that people who are loyal will be charged the same as people who are not and just starting with the guide.

i am kind of excited to see what this bold new model will be. it will either make or break the company. i love good suspense!

just my two bits,
                Mr. K

Comment

Originally posted by teapot007 View Post
                  Im sorry to say but that's me out if it goes subscription based. I have had your guides for a good while now and paying a one off fee is ok and acceptable but Im not prepared to pay more than £8.99 a month for WOW, (that been the subscription fee). Like it has been said if that happens I certainly wont be going ahead with it. Alot of content for WOW is freely available now on the web, the only problem is it's not in game based. However I dont mind alt-tabbing if it saves me paying extra money each month.

Sorry Zygor, it was good while it lasted. Good luck to you! I feel I will be leaving when the subscription kicks in.
                  We wish you luck then, too. :-(

Comment

Subscription incoming. :-(

Id much rather be given a list of products you have for sale, and purchase outright, whatever guides I want. The thought of increasing my monthly expenses to play wow, is very discouraging.

Ive been waiting for three zygor guides for a while now...an achievement guide, a profession guide, and a gold guide. When I originally decided to purchase Zygors, these "coming soon" features were the temptation I couldn't resist, that made me click the "pay now" button. So, Im excited to hear of one of them finally being released, even if it does have a downside. Having the Zygor name on it, means it will be excellent.
                    Hasc - Titans of Glory
                    Runetotem - Alliance
                    http://www.theoldergamers.com
                    http://www.lesrobertson.com

Comment

I don't mean to be disrespectful but this seems crazy. WOW is quite far down the road in it's development life cycle and it is only now you are planning a subs fee.

This looks like to an outsider that your sales are taking a dip and you want/need a way to carry on bringing in an income, but releasing a subscription model during a recession somehow does not seem right.

I for one would not pay a subs fee for any guide, I already pay enough to play wow.

Would it not be better to still sell your guides at your usual rate and offer a subscription plan to those that would not mind paying monthly?

Comment

I'm interested to see the new pricing model but if it's subscription based I would not pay for it. I'm happy to pay a fixed price for each major point release but not a subscription.

Comment

So it's subscription after all huh. When that comes around, no more new purchases from me.

I'll continue to enjoy what I have purchased now, and when it comes time that I need to "upgrade" to subscription for new updates, I'll jump ship to a similar guides provider.

Very disappointing since this *is* my favourite guide.

Comment

The new plan maybe a way to stop all those that have take the guild and put it on sites. Yes these sites are not as updated as from zygor's site. with a sub plan i can see how this how this might help

Comment

Zygor has not yet said that the new plan is subscription. He has replied to subscription worries with his thoughts on how it might work, but he has yet to say that it will be subscription. I think everyone should just take a breather and wait to see what the official word will be when it comes out.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Is it not possible they are planning a subscription for updates only so that once you buy the guide you pay for updates like everything else? Why come down on someone just trying to stay in business? These guys do a pretty good job since they first came out. Granted there have been times of lag on releasing bug fixes but then that is software development for you. Try waiting to see what happens before flaming and saying you are going to another product or just leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X