Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I'll nolonger be updating my zygor guides past the ones I've purchased guess I'll find another guide to use

Comment

Originally posted by littlelo69 View Post
      well I'll nolonger be updating my zygor guides past the ones I've purchased guess I'll find another guide to use
      i really feel myself fooled.

Comment

Well it will be goodbye from me then. I also will not be subscribing and will find another guide

Comment

I too, along with most of my guild, will be leaving this behind with the hopes that this will be changed for the better in the future or the new changes just don't go in at all.
          Thanks.

Comment

i dont c y every 1 is fussing over a puny cheep subscription sure its anoying sure wow is dieing sure it would b nice for a 1 time payment but seeing how these gides nevrer let me down its worth the puny monthly fee the way some ppl act is a s tho thy r just cheep for all we know its just a thing they r trying

Comment

Originally posted by alz2011 View Post
              The oldest marketing trick in the book float a stupid high price for a product then slash the price you floated and hey, it’s a bargain what a joke!
              Yep, glad this was blatantly apparent to others as well.

Sorry but for as long as there are guides you are offering that are only available through subscription I will not be a customer.

Comment

still 95$ is alot of money to spend on a guide and thats every year + wow sub so it will be around 25$ for me a month to play wow then, to expensive. a one time payment im fine with even if its 40$

Comment

Nobody can tell me, these new guides are worth the same as the daily or levelguides. Titles come through Archivements a lot, you need Mounts&Pets and Reputation for Archivements. I tought before it was included in this Archivement Guide. (And I 'm disappointet a little bit about less information about the new content, but this may come after the payment debate. ) I think it is an artificial seperation of these guides, because it sounds better to say you get 6 new guides instead of 2
                  And nobody wants to buy every guide.

This said I must admit, that pricing gehts a little bit fairer. You will pay 72$ or 96$ in one year for these guides. But your comparison has another failure: I don't buy the guide. In the old system. I would have paid my money and could use this guide forever. Now I will pay a little bit (to my opinion) more and (legally) loose it afterwards. That is worse than before and no one can deny it.

As mentioned before, I'm thinking about it until October 4th and maybe I'm giving Zygor a chance to prove, that this fee is more than a bugfix fee. The pricing would be fair, but I'm missing the buy option at some point.

It is an present to new costumers to get the same as old costumers (I don't need to rent these old guides or update for those but pay the same) and I really hope, all promises about new features, guides and stuff trogh this subscription are coming true and there will be a fair benefit for loosing the "ownership" of the guides.

But even if it's late in Germany (or should I say early?), I wantet do say some words about these praise of the new payment as cheaper or better for every costumer. For some - even new ones - maybe. I would it use because I'm forced to. If I could pay, I would.

Comment

Of all the new guides. What will zygor guides offer that is not already easily available on wowhead.com(achievements, pets/mounts, dungeon guides) wow.joystiq.com(wow blogs with class/spec columns, patch and expansion guides) and wow-professions.com(professions obviously).
                    All of these websites provide tons of information for free. What does zygor provide that makes a paid guide worthwhile other than just an interface and the convenience of being gathered in a single place?

Comment

Monthly subscription is not worth it to me. I purchased all the guides thinking that after an expansion I would have to pay a one time fee to upgrade to that expansion. Having to pay X dollars to access the newer products is just a bad idea. I have been using Zygor for a while but have switched. The support is better. The in game add on's use less memory and I dont have to pay a monthly a fee. I wish Zygor had not gone this route because I would have loved to pay a one time fee to get their newest material. I still wish everyone at Zygor guides much success. Early on there was nothing like what they offered. I owe them much for a few of my 85's and Gold. Hope to see one time fees come back in the future. Take care and thanks in advance for reading.

Comment

Not a fan of paying more than half of what I pay to Blizz to Zygor

I'm not a fan of paying more than half of what I pay to Blizz to Zygor. Your software is hands down the best. Period. It appears you are doing this because free upgrades for life cease making money after a while and I understand you guys need and should make a profit on a great product. In fact while the change seems a little disingenuous, I understand if you guys gotta make changes to the policy. Again, your team deserves to make money off this venture and by the maturity and quality of your product; I think you should make a lot of money. Not half or even a quarter as much as Blizzard does monthly.

From what I've observed you are very attentive to your customer base and I expect, in time, you will come up with a suitable compromise for your existing customers. And I expect you will do it sooner rather than later, because as you well know, your best customer is your current one and of those, the ones who care most about your business and your success, are the most are the vocal ones.
                        Another thought, wow doesn't seem to be expanding its subscriber base, lots of people will buy the next wow expansion and likely a upgrade to their zygor guides, but if people start leaving wow for star wars, titian, etc., a onetime fee may net you more profit.

Times are tough and you guys need to keep your business successful, I don't mind a reasonable increase in prices for upgrades or new guides under the current structure.

Wishing you the best of success,

/bow Joly

P.S. Please don't feel the need to respond to me in these forums, as I type this we are 14 pages in a few hours. I apologize, but don't have time to read through all these forums pages. I just wanted you give you guys my humble perspective for what it's worth. If you guys need to reach me you have my e-mail.

Comment

Yeh, great for all you players living in the US. $8 might not be a huge cost. But not everyone lives in tthe US. I have to deal with current currency conversion rates, plus any foreign exchange fees the bank decides to impose on me. So the actual cost to me may very well be higher than $8 per month.
                          Not to mention my concern of the security of my credit card details.
                          85 x 6
                          80 x 4
                          75 x 2
                          72 x 2
                          71 x 1
                          70 x 5

Comment

Originally posted by Majick View Post
                            Did you remove the name of the other guide or was it done by a moderator?
                            I've seen it before and thank you

Comment

I would subscribe, but at the moment I see no reason to...

I started using the zygor guide many months ago (half a year or so) and am not willing to pay a sub on top of what I already paid -- not yet. Perhaps when the next wow expansion comes out it would then be feasable, as more time would have passed with the current guides that I have already purchased. I am just glad I am not one of the people who bought the guides a few weeks ago... I would be even more annoyed.

The biggest reason why I won't subscribe at the moment, is because I also have another guide I use -- they do not charge for updates or even expansion updates, its one time fee for life. Alot of the guides you are releasing have been released by them already (which i got free, because of guides I had owned with them already). However i LOVE your interface so much better, which is what keeps me coming back

I would subscribe if the guides you were releasing were guides I have not already obtained elsewhere (perhaps this is something to wait for). For example... I would love an IN GAME gear guide (some of you may roll your eyes at this, but hear me out). Not even sure if this is possible, but so many new players to wow would love this just as much as me. I would like to be able to see when questing or in dungeons if the gear that is offered is good for me, at a glance, without me having to stare at the gear comparing it to stats on my gear already, which means opening the character panel, or having my gear stats written down on paper beforehand. If you had a guide such as this, I would sub tomorrow, hehe. I just want something in the guides to come out that is not readily available on so many other guides or in free add-ons for WoW etc. Just my opinion though...

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                                Okay, that's completely fine. If you don't find the new guides useful, then there's absolutely no reason for setting up a subscription. Personally, I find the new guides to be worth $6-8/mo, so I'll definitely sign up. They will also introduce new products in the future most likely, and I don't have to pay to upgrade my leveling guides either. If I wanted, I could simply set up a subscription when a new expansion comes out, hit the max level using the leveling guide, and then end my subscription as simple as that. Instead of paying $20-$30 to upgrade my leveling guide, I spend $5 for a month and hit max on my professions and level.
                                I never really thought about it like that. I was never really against this in the first place, but I wasn't about to pay 15 a month for it. I was so glad to hear that it went to 6 bucks it was only a dollar off of what I wanted the price to actually be so I was happy in a way. They should have done this sooner. I hope this all works out for you guys.
                                All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                                LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                                LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                                LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                                LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                                LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                                LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                                LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

Working...
                                X