Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I didn't already own the leveling and other guides the subscription would make sense to me... I could do an a la carte thing where I just sub for the time that I'm using the guides, but since I already own the major portion of the guides it just doesn't make sense for existing lifetime owners to pony up for the subscription.

I think Zygor has a gap here and needs to come up with a better way to handle this, like a lower price for existing owners for the monthly subscription price.

Comment

Originally posted by bierstein View Post
      If I didn't already own the leveling and other guides the subscription would make sense to me... I could do an a la carte thing where I just sub for the time that I'm using the guides, but since I already own the major portion of the guides it just doesn't make sense for existing lifetime owners to pony up for the subscription.

I think Zygor has a gap here and needs to come up with a better way to handle this, like a lower price for existing owners for the monthly subscription price.
      or add a separate package for the additional guides... at a smaller fee...

EDIT: However, I am awaiting response to email to Blizz UI Dev team as to their thoughts on the legality here before I make any decisions. Bottom line, for me, I don't want my account banned...

Comment

Plz dOnt do this zygor...
        LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
        Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
        Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
        Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
        Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
        Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
        Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
        Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
        Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
        Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
        Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
        Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
          or add a separate package for the additional guides... at a smaller fee...
          That would be ideal... offer a deal only available to current owners where we could pay a flat fee.

Comment

Originally posted by bierstein View Post
            That would be ideal... offer a deal only available to current owners where we could pay a flat fee.
            Yes and it could be a limited time only offer... get it now or quit crying about it...

Comment

Finished almost 300 posts read and now for my 2 cents. I understand why Zygor feels the need to do this and I understand why people are ticked. I just wish he would chime in to clear up some of the animosity. I bought my guides last year one day before the date for the free upgrade to Cataclysm my bad, it sucked I dealt. I understand that some of you payed more for the older content than I did, I paid more for my 2000 suburban in 2000 than the guy who bought it from me in 2007 did, older product is not worth as much. we probably paid the same for the cata upgrade when it came out. What bothers me is you are saying I have done an awesome job as a customer buying the awesome leveling guides and deserve to have them updated for life and to pay an upgrade fee. But I still have to pay 7.99 (I have toons on both factions) for the new stuff, but Joe Blow is an even more awesome customer because he gets EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE for 7.99 a month and never had to pay the whatever amount I paid, $60 plus the cata upgrade I think. I (and probably most of the other people upset about this) would probably have been perfectly happy if Zygor had customer loyalty at heart and said if you own the leveling guides instead of 7.99 you will pay 5.99 for the new content, cost you $2 a month, but you would be making $5.99 a month from me guaranteed and now that $5.99 is poof gone. I am thinking from some of the posts on the forum, this may be a money coster not a money maker.

Comment

YOUR CRAZY

If you think I'm going to pay for something that I already brought guess what I know where the DELETE KEY is at, and I don't need you. you charge what ever you want but you will do it without me. GET LOST

Comment

It really surprises me to see how many people get mad thinking that they are losing what they already paid for.

You aren't losing anything, anything NEW coming out with be a new subscription based fee (hope this will change). You still have all your stuff you have now, nothing will change there.

Comment

we don't want to be forced to subscribe in order to gain access to the new guides, we as loyal customers want an option to buy it if we deem it worth purchasing.

Comment

Very Disappointed

I'm very disappointed about this decision of Zygor to force the subscription model onto their customers. It seems like they only care about the $$$ and less about the (loyal) existing customers. My only hope is that the decision will be changed to keep the buying model for existing customers and use subscription model for new customers.. but i guess they are determined.. too bad.. i will continue to use your wonderfull guides that i BOUGHT (thank you very much for those) and i hope, maybe in the nearby future, when you realize that you made a big mistake, i can BUY those new ones as well..

Kind regards,

Tom

Comment

New Products Include:
                        * Professions
                        * Achievements
                        "* Pets & Mounts
                        * Titles
                        * Reputations
                        * Macros
                        * Future Expansion Upgrades
                        * Future Products"

Are all above -professions, macros, etc- meant to be in-game, through the Zygor addon?

Comment

I payed for all my guides,I love them a lot and a 5.99 suby will not scare me away.The extra bells and whistles are great and will encourage my skin flint freind to finally get Zygor's guides.I can see where Zygor is coming from here,the amount i payed for my guides was £80 plus £10 for a one time offer on some thing i can't remember.That's a £90 purchase,for people like my freind whom has kiddies to pay for,that is a price to much to ask.But a 5.99 suby people like my freind will be more likely to pay Zygor for his guides.So that means Zygor as a business can offer more to more people.
                          I see people coming out with the old "I'm a loyal customer yadda yadda give me some thing for nothing.".Is that how a loyal customer should act?Or should you be thinking "Pffft thats the problem with early adoption.But at least they will now have the means to fix bugs etc,and my freinds are most likely to buy the guides ensuring Zygor stays on top.Just some thing to think on,but like i said 5.99 7.99 a month isn't bank crippling,£90 to some poeple is though.

Comment

Originally posted by julius View Post
                            New Products Include:
                            * Professions
                            * Achievements
                            "* Pets & Mounts
                            * Titles
                            * Reputations
                            * Macros
                            * Future Expansion Upgrades
                            * Future Products"

Are all above -professions, macros, etc- meant to be in-game, through the Zygor addon?
                            I'd like to know that too...

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
                              I'd like to know that too...
                              i agree. if it's an in-game guide i may be willing to subscribe. but if it's just a guide like the food & drink stats guide or the guild perks guide. i'll just continue to pay my one time updates.

Comment

I've got to say I'm not to impressed with the lack of info concerning the "new" guides and more-so with the blatant dogging of question by the staff. IMO if your gonna tell us about it, then tell us all about it (all the facts on the table) and get the feed back before you release it and adjust it if need be. All this being left in the dark and "teaser" info is just going to leave a bad taste in everybody's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X