• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why cant you have both sup and one off

Comment

i still would like an answer to my previous question
      Originally posted by venom925 View Post
      So how regular are we talking about here and will this included faster pump out of bug fixes. And is there any thing on the horizon as far as "new features" or "other games"?

Comment

Originally posted by loz100loz View Post
        why cant you have both sup and one off
        You can buy a upgrade for the guides you already have. You just can't purchase the new guides. The new guides are sub only.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The fact that I read the original email on my phone...on break...saved me from expressing my feelings upon first hearing the news.

Because there is no way that I was going to add another subscription to my monthly bills.

I just canceled my RIFT(tm) subscription. I will not be playing TOR because it would mean another subscription. I subscription had become the only method following this expansion I would have been saying goodbye.

I wish you well with the new products. I will not be needing them.

Comment

Originally posted by sentinel1968 View Post
            I have to say I'm more than a little disappointed. I own (or thought I did) the Leveling, Daily and Event guides for both Horde and Alliance, but now to get what is in reality a small handful of comparably minor additional guides I have to pay $8 per month for what could be a 3-5 year game life? So your asking me to sign up for an additional $300-500 (over time) PLUS whatever upgrade fees may be around the corner? I can easily say you've lost a customer if you don't reconsider this change.
            There are 6 new guides that are part of that subscription. In the past each one would normally have been $40 per guide per faction or bundled for both factions at $60. That would be $360 for both factions for those 6 guides only, not including any future expansion upgrades for those guides or any new guides that might be released. The subscription covers all upgrades in the future so there will be no additional fees other than the subscription. It also covers any new guides that might be produced and any new products that Zygor might put out (i.e. if they make any guides for other games). Just with the 6 new guides alone you can get your money's worth for the next 3 years without Zygor releasing anything new in that time. All he has to do is release one or two new guides in that time and you've got your money's worth for 5 years. In the long run I can only see the subscription as saving money.

And you do still own what you've purchased. You'll still be able to do the one time payments for guide upgrades for expansions and you don't have to do the subscription for the new guides if you don't want to.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by kalfeer View Post
              The fact that I read the original email on my phone...on break...saved me from expressing my feelings upon first hearing the news.

Because there is no way that I was going to add another subscription to my monthly bills.

I just canceled my RIFT(tm) subscription. I will not be playing TOR because it would mean another subscription. I subscription had become the only method following this expansion I would have been saying goodbye.

I wish you well with the new products. I will not be needing them.
              You can buy a upgrade for the guides you already have. You just can't purchase the new guides. The new guides are sub only.
              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.
              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                this really sucks. if i had knew this befor i bought all guides. i would not buy them.

Comment

I have to say I'm more than a little disappointed. I own (or thought I did) the Leveling, Daily and Event guides for both Horde and Alliance, but now to get what is in reality a small handful of comparably minor additional guides I have to pay $8 per month for what could be a 3-5 year game life? So your asking me to sign up for an additional $300-500 (over time) PLUS whatever upgrade fees may be around the corner? I can easily say you've lost a customer if you don't reconsider this change.
                  No, upgrade fees are included in the subscription. Even for guides you already own.

Originally posted by jazerra View Post
                  at the moment i feel like you stole my money. is there an option to get my money back? becouse i really dont kno w why i bought theese guides. or maybe i will get a 10 month subscription cause i payed 60 $ .
                  What are you talking about? You've been here for 10 months... This is going back to the debate that discounts are provided after a certain period of time. Originally people would pay $50/faction for the leveling guides, and then it dropped to $30/faction, and then there would be 50% discounts. If you played vanilla WoW, you paid $49-$69 for the client and then a subscription fee. Now, you can purchase both vanilla WoW and BC for, I forget, $29-$39? Those who only had vanilla WoW were upgraded to BC, free of charge.
                  It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I think you totally misread whatever you read.

if you get the subscription you get everything updated even for xpack you get all that in the subscription fee. the reason why they are doing this is because they are sick of having a ton of money come in once every two or three years and then when it runs out it runs out. they might get a some new customers a month but its not enough to help them pay the bills I am guessing here but I think I may have read them saying this some where or it could all be in my head. I get it xpacks come once every two or three years you need money sooner then that.

I think this would have been better to do from the very get go. myself 72 dollars for a year isn't that bad considering your pretty much paying the same price you would get the new content of the xpacks and any new guides they come up with
                    All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                    LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                    LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                    LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                    LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                    LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                    LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                    LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

So you're telling me that a Pet Guide is as involved and complex as a Level 1 - 85 leveling guide and should be priced the same?? If that is truly the case then you do indeed live in a fantasy world.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                        If you owned the Leveling or Dailies guides before subscriptions were introduced, you will be able to Upgrade those for a one-time fee - yes. If you would like any of the other products, you would need to subscribe. Fair? :-)
                        Is it possible to offer some of the new guides i.e. professions for a onetime fee? Your killing me with the subscriptions only for new material uggh!

Comment

So you're telling me that a Pet Guide is as involved and complex as a Level 1 - 85 leveling guide and should be priced the same?? If that is truly the case then you do indeed live in a fantasy world.
                          No, but you're not just getting the Pet & Mount guide. You're getting 6 brand new guides. Where are you reading that the Pet & Mount guide is equivalent in content as the 1-85 Leveling guides?

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                            Is it possible to offer some of the new guides i.e. professions for a onetime fee? Your killing me with the subscriptions only for new material uggh!
                            No, you will have to obtain a subscription for the new guides, as he said in the quoted reply.

Comment

Originally posted by coolarrow View Post
                              so if i want the achievment guide which i have been waiting forever.. i need to subscribe? even though i am a lifetime subscriber to all the guides currently out? why not give the option to either pay in full or subscribe?
                              I second that please give us lifer's out there an option to outright purchase the new material we wish to buy not subscribe.

Comment

The raeson behind this change

If your customer base was expanding with new customers you would never put such a subscription policy in to effect.

In MHO this is not a policy that has the ability to survive long term. Rather is your reaction to market forces out side your control.

A world wide recession / depression, that has reduced your customer base. And the inevitable maturing of WOW and new and better competitors on the near horizon. Faced with this what else could you do but try to maximize profits short term for all its worth and ride it as long as you can before the entire structure folds.

The Achilles' heel to this pricing move is the internet it self. There is so much free information out there about WOW that its inevitable people will take advantage of it and try and save their hard earned money.

I wish you the best but I must decline the new pricing policy.

Best of Luck

Comment

Working...
                                X