X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbs Up, but one more question.

Hey Zygor,

Thank you for clearing up the existing members thing I asked about yesterday.

I would like for you to explain what happens our end if an existing subscriber cancels the account with you.

I still havnt seen a direct answer to this other than you declaring you do not wish to release any knowledge of your inner workings.

Im not asking you this. Im asking what happens if we cancel if we try to use your guides what happens do we get an error stating our subscription is over or....?

A Step by step description would help clear this right up.

Cheers,
    Sharaak.

Comment

To make a subscription attractive, I think the company has to make a strong, appealing offer of NEW content every month. I.e. "you will get access to all current guides + one (1) NEW guide each month". I think people would pay for that.

The current subscription offer being talked about seems more like a payment plan, i.e. "pay for the guides in smaller installments", but does not feel like a true subscription where something NEW is being offered each month.

I also understand that it's costly to come out with new products, and the fee would have to be higher. I'm just saying that I think there has to be fresh content every month for a subscription model to work, otherwise it feels more like a payment plan.

My 2 cents.

Comment

Alliance OR Horde (each):
        $5.99 per month

Alliance & Horde (both):
        $7.99 per month

You will not be locked into a contract at all. Zygor will be
        a pay-as-you-go service.

will you have things like a reduced price if you pay a year or six monthn(and so on) I would like that as i can pay once a year and forget about it

Comment

At the end of the day its your product and you can do with it as you wish, i however wont be subscribing to it and will be suggesting that everyone else does likewise.

This is a blantant attempt to raise your income while the game still has some life left in it, i've removed your weblinks from my guild website and posted an announcement recommending they avoid your product.

Sad, very sad news!

Comment

This is what Blizz say, you are clearly in beach of item one at least.

1) Add-ons must be free of charge.

All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.

2) Add-on code must be completely visible.

The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public.

3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players.

Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates.

4) Add-ons may not include advertisements.

Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services.

5) Add-ons may not solicit donations.

Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game.

6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material.

World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings.

7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA.

All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement.

8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit.

To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              /moderator hat off
              /rant on
              I don't know if you're paid to work for Zygor or not, and frankly I don't care. You're unprofessionalism here and in other posts I've seen (and I've really only been on the forum for 2 days) is a big factor in why I won't spend another cent here. It doesn't matter whether you agree with what is being said here or not... your job (paid or unpaid) is good customer service. At no point in any job that I have ever had is it acceptable to say 'pretend I'm not employed here, let me be rude, and you just take it in stride.'

Comment

Originally posted by phantomhawk View Post
                1) Add-ons must be free of charge.

All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.

2) Add-on code must be completely visible.

The programming code of an add-on must in no way be hidden or obfuscated, and must be freely accessible to and viewable by the general public.

3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players.

Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates.

4) Add-ons may not include advertisements.

Add-ons may not be used to advertise any goods or services.

5) Add-ons may not solicit donations.

Add-ons may not include requests for donations. We recognize the immense amount of effort and resources that go into developing an add-on; however, such requests should be limited to the add-on website or distribution site and should not appear in the game.

6) Add-ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material.

World of Warcraft has been given a "T" by the ESRB, and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world. Blizzard Entertainment requires that add-ons not include any material that would not be allowed under these ratings.

7) Add-ons must abide by World of Warcraft ToU and EULA.

All add-ons must follow the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and the World of Warcraft End User License Agreement.

8) Blizzard Entertainment has the right to disable add-on functionality as it sees fit.

To maintain the integrity World of Warcraft and ensure the best possible gaming experience for our players, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to disable any add-on functionality within World of Warcraft at its sole discretion.
                If you believe that Zygor is violating this policy then I highly encourage you, and everyone else, to email wowui@blizzard.com and let them know.

Comment

Did you consult with Netflix before this money grab decision. Surely, Dugi's guides will benefit from your
                  gamble. This decision is very regrettable, and changed the "rules" midstream, and makes your product
                  much less attractive. It also signals that you will change the pricing structure any time you please, and are not committed to your existing customer base. At the very least, there should have been a special bonus
                  price given to your existing customer base. I would be surprised if this decision results in more customers
                  for you. I assume you must have taken into consideration that you would lose a percentage of your
                  existing customers, and found that acceptable.

Comment

As I said, the lawyers have been over this and the way Zygor is doing things does not violate the current Addon Policy. Blizzard has always reserved the right to disable any addon they want to and they haven't done anything to Zygor in the last 5 years. People claiming that Zygor is violating the Addon Policy and Blizzard will shut him down has been brought up countless times in the past and Zygor is still here with his guides.

If you're so sure that the guides are violating the Addon Policy and Blizzard will take action then why are you using the guides?
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by brightumbrae View Post
                      I don't know if you're paid to work for Zygor or not, and frankly I don't care. You're unprofessionalism here and in other posts I've seen (and I've really only been on the forum for 2 days) is a big factor in why I won't spend another cent here. It doesn't matter whether you agree with what is being said here or not... your job (paid or unpaid) is good customer service. At no point in any job that I have ever had is it acceptable to say 'pretend I'm not employed here, let me be rude, and you just take it in stride.'
                      Myself and the other forum moderators here are paying customers just like you are. We are not employed by Zygor and this is not a job. We have volunteered our time to help all of the other paying customers and if you ask anyone that's used the forums here for any length of time you'll quickly find out that the 6000+ post count I have is 99% being friendly and helping people.

Yes, I might occasionally bump heads with someone else here, that's part of being a human being. I've bumped heads with phantomhawk in this thread and 3 months ago he thanked me for helping him with a problem. That's part of life.

Now if this were indeed a job then I'd happily agree with you, but it's not a job. As I'm a paying customer just like you are I'm also entitled to my opinions.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Zygor is clearly in breach of the regulations.

"charge for services related to the add-on, "

This is exactly what Zygor is doing.

I have been in touch with Blizz, they confirm what I am saying.

Maybe in the past, Zygor got away with it on a technicality, but the word that changes everything is "services" by introducing a subscription, you are charging for services. This is a NO NO.

Comment

This is why I love Zygor. A change like this encourages people to subscribe who only want to use the guide for a few months rather than a one-time fee.

And secondly, big thanks to Zygor for allowing previous customers continued updates with the new change and the offer of a one-time upgrade fee for any new content.

Comment

Originally posted by phantomhawk View Post
                            Zygor is clearly in breach of the regulations.

"charge for services related to the add-on, "

This is exactly what Zygor is doing.

I have been in touch with Blizz, they confirm what I am saying.

Maybe in the past, Zygor got away with it on a technicality, but the word that changes everything is "services" by introducing a subscription, you are charging for services. This is a NO NO.
                            Well not really, the same technicality is being taken advantage of: you pay a subscription fee for access to the guides just as they were purchased individually beforehand.

The regulations do not allow the selling of addons, but the Zygor guide viewer is free to download. If I've said anything incorrect, please let me know.

Comment

What about customer loyalty?

Ok ... I understand the new model ... the thing that gets me as a owner of ALL of the current guides, I have to pay the same 7.99 per month as a NEW customer. We will both have the same guides available to us, so where is the love to previous supporters?

So, if the pricing is going to be 5.99 and 7.99 ... Why not offer it to existing customers at 3.99 and 5.99 per month?

Comment

They don't care about current people they care about money. So Unless you subscribe they only care as little as they can to skirt by.

Comment

Working...
                                X