OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dulak View Post
    Honestly, I would've prefered the sub method myself. Hopefully in the future you'll be able to offer both the one time payment and the sub method. Either way, yours are still the best on the market hands down and everyone knows it.
    Ya, so you would prefer paying hundreds of dollars over time for something that is priced for like $50 in a one time fee?

Makes me laugh when people don't look at the overall picture. Just one year of the sub is around $96..

And what if people only used just one guide.. Makes no sense at all to pay that much for something that is like $50.

You must pay like the minimum payment on your credit cards too and you are happy with that. It's the same concept.

I guess to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
      It's actually a price DEcrease

95 a year is a lot less money then say 400 all at once. (The guides cost 20 to 40 separately, and there's ten of them... and this is for one faction only)
      Not everyone wants to have ALL of the guides.. so why should they have to pay for the other guides too? Not everyone plays or wants to level both Horde and Alliance. So why should they have to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by herguy View Post
        Not everyone wants to have ALL of the guides.. so why should they have to pay for the other guides too? Not everyone plays or wants to level both Horde and Alliance. So why should they have to pay for it.
        Then don't pay for it.

Some interesting alternatives have been raised. I like the idea of selective subscription. Pay only for what you use. Would you pay 1 dollar a month PER guide you use? 50 cents even? 50 cents a month PER guide would come out to about the same amount for all of them (Based on my rough calculations) and would benifit those that don't want the non-leveling guides, for instance.

And don't get me wrong. I'm in support of a hybrid payment system. I would like to sub, as I want all the guides and it'll save me money (esp when you take expansions into account), but I can understand how someone would want to pay it at a one time fee.

Comment

Nice work, I'm glad subscription will not be the only method. I myself have lost my job last month and could not afford no matter how low, another monthly fee. I even have to consider giving up WoW in total because of the monthly costs.
          The problem with monthly things is in a larger amount of time they are never better than a small somewhat larger one time payment. Therefor for people who don't have much money to spend the one time payment is still better. You could afford to buy it from birthday money or christmas gift. A subcription you can't really do this with.
          Altough I can imagine people with a well paid job, steady income in any way would prefer to use the subscription way, therefor offering it as a second payment method sounds no more than fair
          I'm glad you guys listen so well to your community, great job on that and can't wait to get my hands on the achievement guide ^^

Comment

I had not gotten around to logging on and sharing my part but I wanted to now. Honestly for a bit you had lost a customer. I understood and accepted your right/ need to make money for the great product you have, but the sub method was not something I was willing to give my money to.

Your willingness to listen to your customers and also to admit that you might have read the market incorrectly is a big thing for me. I respect that very much. I don't know that normally I would have gotten any guides than what I have now, but I plan on supporting a good company with my money. From a business standpoint it sounds like some would be willing to do a sub method and coming up with a way to do both would be great for your business model. Thank you once again for a great product and for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
              Then don't pay for it.

Some interesting alternatives have been raised. I like the idea of selective subscription. Pay only for what you use. Would you pay 1 dollar a month PER guide you use? 50 cents even? 50 cents a month PER guide would come out to about the same amount for all of them (Based on my rough calculations) and would benifit those that don't want the non-leveling guides, for instance.

And don't get me wrong. I'm in support of a hybrid payment system. I would like to sub, as I want all the guides and it'll save me money (esp when you take expansions into account), but I can understand how someone would want to pay it at a one time fee.
              Over the long run it doesn't save you money. You think it does because it's a smaller number. But if they have an option to do either OR.. then that's fine, but most will just pay the one time fee. Who wants to pay monthly for WoW and then again on top of that another monthly for the guides. A Monthly sub is just a bad model for this type of thing.
              I understand that Zygor puts tons of work into the guides and it IS the best there is no doubt, but if he is not making enough for his work then just increase the price. Don't try to hide it in a sub based model. Because we are not dumb just because we are gamers.

And think of it this way.. I bet a TON of people that have these guides are people WITHOUT credit cards or a paypal, and got the guides for a b-day or xmas from mom or dad.. so you think those parents that paid the one time will say oh you need me to add yet another Sub to my credit card? Uhm no.
              In the long run Zygor would be losing money and he knows it, that's why he changed back.

The people that say they would prefer a small fee sub just don't understand the concept of what a sub really does.

Comment

Thank you for listening! I had not made my decision about the subscription plan as of yet and was very pleased to see that the community was acknowledged and supported in their opinions. For me, at least, that is what a community should be about regardless of which side you are on and your personal ideology. Thank you everyone and thanks Zygor staff

Comment

Even though Zygor has the best guides, after this subscription came up I was reserved and wasn't going to make a decision until I got more info on the new guides. I caught myself looking at the "other" leveling guide. But now that Zygor has listened to, dare I say, the majority of their fans, I will defently buy these new guides because I haven't been disapointed with anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by herguy View Post
                    The people that say they would prefer a small fee sub just don't understand the concept of what a sub really does.
                    Well not speaking for anybody else here, but I'm old enough to pay for my own stuff and surely old enough to know what the concept of a sub really does. And yes I would like the option for it. For me (with 2 kids and RL bills) a sub would allow me to use what guides i want, right now.

Sure some may have gotten them for gifts but truly nobody can really be without a credit card, Walmart sells them if you want it bad enough.

Comment

ZYGERGUIDES ROCK THIS IS SO AWSOME I HAVE TO APPLOGUISWE ON ADVANEDC becose i was annoyed at the subscraption but i feel better now

Comment

It's refreshing to hear from a company that recognizes that not all decisions are good. You have a great product and I would like you to be successful for many years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by roblinz_10 View Post
                          I was also under the assumption that subscription based Addons were against Blizzards EULA.
                          Charging money for an add-on period is against the Blizzard EULA.

Comment

Thank you for listening, even though I am not playing WoW anymore and I have paid for my guides from way long ago, at least this company will listen to it's customer base. Compared to Netflix where they will not and do not care about their customers is one of the main reasons that a lot of THEIR former customers have left or are leaving their services behind.

Again, Mr. Cook and your staff, thank you for listening to YOUR customers.

John Lambert

Comment

That's just good business ...

John, et. al.

I appreciate your willingness to listen to your customer base, and anyone who feels your quick turn-around shows weakness needs to re-evaluate the concept of strength.

I wasn't planning on being a subscription customer, but I'm certainly planning on purchasing a few of the other guides you've recently announced.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Thank you Zygor! By offering me the opportunity to outright purchase the new guides, and not have to be forced into a subscription, I will continue to be a happy customer.

Hasc - Titans of Glory
                                Runetotem - Alliance
                                http://www.theoldergamers.com
                                http://www.lesrobertson.com

Comment

Working...
                                X