OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to make auto macro for mining herbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to make auto macro for mining herbs?

ye like the tittle says is it possible to make an auto macro for mining herbalism once you at a node or herb so you click that macro that it auto mine herbs?

Uhhh, how would that be any different from right clicking on the node?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It's just like what Cabby said: "Uhhh, how would that be any different from right clicking on the node?"

Unless you are suggesting an automated feature like a user-definable "range" which would 'auto-pick/auto-mine' nodes once you were within the range with your char, I don't think it would work. The only way the game knows that you want to pick an herb or mine a node is when you actually click on it. It's the same as when you kill some enemy; you can't loot it unless you click on it. One exception to that is the new feature Blizzard incorporated which is "looting all bodies within a certain range simultaneously." But, even with that, you'd still have to click on one of the bodies first. Individual herbs/mining nodes are usually not sitting side-by-side, so it wouldn't be of much benefit anyway.

Blizzard doesn't want any kind of addon that performs as a "bot". Can you imagine if everyone merely had to fly around getting close (within a range) to nodes, and then having them "auto-mined, without having to click on them?" -- The Auction House would become overwhelmed with an overabundance of things people gathered that way. LOL

Side note:
      The Carbonite addon has a very useful feature if you want to mine herbs/ore. You can tell Carbonite to set a Route which links all known locations of "potential" herbs/nodes and connects each of them to an 'elastic' path so that you can simple run/ride/fly to the nodes in sequence. But, you still have to click on the ones which are "pickable/mineable." At least, you know where the are on the Carbonite map, once you've set your "Route." I got a little side-tracked, but just thought it might be helpful.

Comment

it would be fast by just making a keybind to the herb mine macro once you at a mine or herb you click the keybind and it herbs mines without doing it right click on the mine herb

i know but i like the addon routes gathermate2 and gathermate data.

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
          The Carbonite addon has a very useful feature if you want to mine herbs/ore. You can tell Carbonite to set a Route which links all known locations of "potential" herbs/nodes and connects each of them to an 'elastic' path so that you can simple run/ride/fly to the nodes in sequence.
          One of the nice features of Zygor's Professions guide is that it sets up routes for you to take, much like Carbonite, but without Carbonite installed.

Comment

Did a little digging and it seems like this macro idea is impossible. The type of function that would be needed is a protected one meaning you can't use it in an addon or macro. Part of Blizzard's attempt to prevent botting type of addons.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
            X