Using 2 different browsers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using 2 different browsers

I've never tried this before, so I don't even know if I can do it. I'm asking because I don't want to screw things up.

I want to try the Firefox browser, but I don't want to lose the ability to use my current IE browser, since it's tied into my Yahoo Mail account. Can I install and use both of them on my same computer (switching between them when desired)? Also, how will that effect my Yahoo Mail account? If using both of them, will they be entirely independent of each other, or not?

Yes, you can install and use them separately from each other. It should not affect your yahoo mail account at all. You can access the yahoo mail account from both browsers if you wish. All of your mail is stored on the yahoo servers which is completely separated from your computer and which browser you use to access it. You could access your yahoo mail from IE, Firefox, Chrome, or any other browser you want and it will all be the same. If you read or delete mail with one browser it would show that with the other browser. Think of the browser as the guide viewer and your mail as the guides. Using a different browser would be just like changing the skin on the guide viewer. Only the look on the outside changes while everything with the guides stays the same.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby, that's good to know. I suspected that's how it would work, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the good explanation.

Comment

Working...
      X