how do i gear up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skippyninja View Post
    Run, run, run (heroics) as fast as you can! Gear up quick to become an elitistjerks man!

Anywho, it's best to run heroics as DPS when you first hit 80, that way the group doesn't suffer from a lack of performance on the tank or healer's part. However, you could luck out and get into some really good heroics, just save your emblems, and as soon as you can purchase something from the triumph vendor: Get it!
    Dont forget the guild factor. If you are in a good guild with other 80's, they can support you and run with you in the heroics while you gear up, and get skilled in a higher demanding environment.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Sorry to jump into this thread but can someone explain this whole difference between the PvP and PvE gear? I'm working my highest level (74) to 80 and had no clue there was any difference... Like where do you get either? And also any further strategy for a complete end-game noob that wants to do both somewhat regularly?

Comment

Originally posted by crazy_ed14 View Post
        Sorry to jump into this thread but can someone explain this whole difference between the PvP and PvE gear? I'm working my highest level (74) to 80 and had no clue there was any difference... Like where do you get either? And also any further strategy for a complete end-game noob that wants to do both somewhat regularly?
        What realm are you on?

Comment

Sorry: Horde on Cairne Realm

Comment

There r a fee quest that give badges they r the 5 man icc instance quests
            that's about all I no on this topic

o btw run heroics and farm reg icc/toc for gear it works
            LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
            Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
            Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
            Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
            Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
            Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
            Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
            Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
            Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
            Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
            Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
            Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Originally posted by nin88 View Post
              There r a fee quest that give badges they r the 5 man icc instance quests
              that's about all I no on this topic

o btw run heroics and farm reg icc/toc for gear it works
              That is a good post.
              Run your daily heroic random, then select the ICC specific dungeons to run. Find a good group that is willing to get the instances open for you (if thats not done yet) and then run them all with you. Basically they are 3 instances that can be done straight through without having to go back to the que. The randoms give you your emblems, and the dungeon runs are where the best gear for a relatively new 80's is.
              Dont forget to work Wintergrasp a bit so you can buy the raw stones a JC will need to cut you gems to socket. Each stone costs 10,000 honor points, which is pretty easy to get.

Comment

The biggest difference between PVE and PVP gear is that PVP gear usually trade some of the other stat bonuses for Resilence.

Quoting Wowwiki:

One percent of resilience has the following effects:
                Chance to be critically hit reduced by 1%.
                Damage taken from crits that do land have their critical strike damage component reduced by 2.2%.
                Damage taken from all player attacks reduced by additional 1%.
                Amount of mana drained or burned by mana-draining effects is reduced by 2.2%.

Comment

PVE Upgrade
                  Farm Heroics
                  Grab 4 pieces of Tier 9
                  Grab 245 shoulders from elblum vender
                  Grab ring and Trinket
                  Join a farming group for ICC and get your rep up to friendly with faction there
                  Farm The new ICC Heroics for missing items
                  buy from lower grade stuff with your badges (Conquest Valor etc)
                  Farm heroics for Purple gems (20 badges a piece)
                  get purple gems and get a JC to cut them
                  Enchant your Gear

This will get you ready for the first wing of ICC 10
                  Just remember with Gear what you need to focus on it really depends on your class/Spec but the first thing is

If your a Tank (Keep your Defense 540+)
                  If your a Healer (Spellpower)
                  If your a DPS (Be Hit capped)

PVP Gear I'm not as good on this but...
                  Do your wintergrasp quest every week (Turn your 30 Shards into 2k Honor)
                  Join wintergrasp whenever you can
                  Farm Battle grounds in between
                  -If you need a break farm Heroics when you have control of Wintergrasp
                  -Farm VOA (It's a raid but drops nice PVP gear)
                  -Farm Heroics for your basic set of PVP gear

Comment

Working...
                  X