What's better for end game raiding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's better for end game raiding?

I was just wondering what's better for end game raiding elemental or enhancement dps? I have been lvl as enhancement so I have exp as that but have resto off spec...and I hear most of the gear can be used for both shaman casting specs - the hit on the gear.

Just looking for ur opion/advice!
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Either spec....

You're right about the Elemental/Resto (or vice versa) requiring very similar stats. Also the buffs their totems provide are more unique (Flametongue, Wind Fury, Mana stream (if no wisdom pally), and Totem of Wrath... Plus the 5% crit aura is nice).

Enhance shammy totems are often overpowered by DK and warrior DPS buffs so they usually drop the spell-based totems instead.

Regardless, a shammy is great for Heroism.
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Well I'm lvl 78 now on my shammy and flyn along

I think Ima stay enh/resto
      I'm pulling good numbers with enh dps when I was 75 I did 2.5k dps on last boss in reg VH(without BL)
      LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
      Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
      Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
      Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
      Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
      Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
      Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
      Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
      Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
      Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
      Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
      Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Sounds like you are pulling good DPS. I am a 76 tank and the highest DPS Recount has seen thus far was right about 1.6k DPS which was a 76 gnome warlock last night. So 2.5k at 75 is awesome

I need to group with more shammys to figure them out. So far I find them rather annoying as a tank. The few I have grouped with are trigger happy and before I can get aggro on a group of 4-6 bad guys they are out there casting chain light. Is that an insta cast spell or do they start casting before I even reach the mobs? so far shammys casting chain light are the hardest things for me to work with. Ohh, that and level 80 toons that group with their lower level friends to help then PUG
        Cairne Realm
        Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
        Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
        Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Shammies tend to be a bit more OP, but other classes tend to catch up and surpass them in DPS once they are on the same gear level.
          85s
          Skippyninja
          Oomatherman
          Judedaniels
          MissRuPaul
          Sumekomovani
          Pattymelt
          Shamwiches
          Twonewon
          Takakoinaba
          Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
            I need to group with more shammys to figure them out. So far I find them rather annoying as a tank. The few I have grouped with are trigger happy and before I can get aggro on a group of 4-6 bad guys they are out there casting chain light. Is that an insta cast spell or do they start casting before I even reach the mobs? so far shammys casting chain light are the hardest things for me to work with. Ohh, that and level 80 toons that group with their lower level friends to help then PUG
            Chain lightning is cast, not instant. This means as you are pulling, they hit the cast key. A simple set of requests seem to work for me when I tank. I ask them to wait for a signature more (pally's consecration for me) before they move in on the attack. If that didnt work and they still go too soon, I type in... 'pull them off me again and you can tank them. Im not here to scramble for aggro cause your in a hurry. Thank you.' If that wont work, let them keep what they pull. When they die (and they always do) there is more than enough warning from you that what happened is what would happen.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I have made several runs and gotten some better eq and last night ran with a pair of chain light shammys. I did much better at holding aggro from those two then the one I was talking about in the previous post. They seemed to also hold off for a second or two which prolly made all the difference.

Right now I am just over two bars from 79 and only using trash eq I find when running. Initially I bought some *ok* eq at level 62-65 range but since then I have just used whatever I found as drops or greed rolls. My mage is now broke with an empty bank since I sold or traded everything he was not using to get nice level 80 equipment but my defense rating and GS should make a huge jump in 1.1 levels
              Cairne Realm
              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Working...
              X