GS, EJ, WoW Heroes && newer patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS, EJ, WoW Heroes && newer patches

So I have been using a site called WoW Heroes for several months and always found it interesting as a comparison against GS and EJ

My pally comes in at 2200ish on GS but WoW heroes only gives him a 550, much lower. BUT, and I like this part, the wow heroes score is made up of enchants and equipment. GS does not ever seem to change when I add gems or enchants. I believe it simply adds up the iLevels for everything the toon wears and spits out a number. Nice site but only good out of the game.

I use Gear Score in-game since this gives a quick 1-3 second ranking of a toon which is good for the start of an instance, how good is this healer going to be, and for PvP, should I run or not . GS gives a very nice quick number but not really the best.

Elitest Jerks is another good one for in-game but requires more time to look over a toon. It breaks items down into categories, so you know the tank is more geared PvP, has history for what the toon has completed, does not rank the driver of the toon though, and lets you put notes specific for any toon.

So, I read somewhere from EJ that one of the newer patches of WoW limits the number of queries you can make per time interval. Things like GS and EJ both make these queries when you are clicking other toons. EJ put a limiter in their mod to not allow you to hit the limit, thus maybe being flagged by Blizzard, but as far as I read GS does not have such a limiter in place. So if using GS do not click a bunch of toons back to back really fast. Just thought I'd mention this since they seem to be quite helpful to me.
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

GS did make a change to help limit things. Before you could just mouse over a toon and GS would query the server to get the info needed but now you actually have to target them to get the info.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ahh, very nice to know. I noticed that you have to actually click now but did not read any release notes to realize this was their limiter for the patch. EJ threw it in my face via pop-up when I loaded their update a while back
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Working...
      X