Level 80 character question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level 80 character question

Been reading a lot on the forums of people hitting level 80 real fast without.

No air looms, RAF, or two account playing or rest bonus?
    ( at least that's what their saying )

And have 1 - 8 or so level 80's and two 450 in professions on each character ?

There's only 24hrs in a day, so how can this be possible? Even if you accept all quest in an area and do circuits runs to complete them and turn in?

I'm a little lost on how people can reach level 80 so fast because the time break down doesn't match.

Time in High school - 8 hrs give or take a few hrs + extra curricular activity's.
    ( sports and stuff - 3 hrs or so )
    ( home work? )

Time in College - 6hrs maybe even more depending on course load quarter / semester system.
    ( wont count the the time frame for sports and stuff )
    ( home work? )

Time at work - 8 hrs - 12hrs depending on your job

Family time + kids if you have?

Ok that's my two cents maybe someone can shed some light on this topic.

Creaky
    Enjoy Life!:

Do not take life too seriously – you'll never get out of it alive.

Simply put, it's /played time, not real life time. They also play quite a bit and know the best routes so they can do quests in the order they like without having to worry, plus they probably use fast leveling classes such as Hunter or Warlock and blast right through it. It's fairly easy to level now. I went from 19 to 25 in a single night, granted I had rest experience and heirlooms, but that's still really ridiculous.

From a scheduling standpoint on when to play WoW, we can't really speak for yourself, only you can. The best I can do is explain how my system works:

Work generally takes up about 5 to 8 hours of my day depending on if I'm picking up a shift. My company closes at 7:00 PM except for Saturdays and Sundays. Saturdays it closes at 8:00 PM and we're closed on Sundays. I'm also married, and I'm attending college as well, but the benefit I have is that my college is all done online. I carry around a little pocket scheduling book and add important items on my to-do list, such as cleaning my house or getting some homework done. When I finish all items on the to-do list, then I either play SC2 or WoW, and take the weekends off to hang out with friends, etc.

TL;DR
    Manage your real-life activities and get them done first, and then play WoW when you have some free time and when it sounds like fun. That's when you'll level fastest.
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

It's played time not actual real time...
      So it may take em 3 months but only 6 days 12 hrs 30 mins PLAYED TIME!
      Hope that answers ur ?
      LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
      Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
      Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
      Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
      Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
      Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
      Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
      Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
      Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
      Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
      Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
      Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Thanks to all who replied it makes more since now on the time frame for leveling.

it's played time, not real life time.
        Enjoy Life!:

Do not take life too seriously – you'll never get out of it alive.

Comment

Each of my 80's takes me a little over a month to make.
          I also work full-time, and have a family.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I work part time and have a family and spend a lot of time just jacking around doing nothing mostly. But if you're wanting a toon that you can level really fast, and I mean super fast. Start a Prot Pally. They are severely OP right now. Once I hit lvl 15 I started soloing Deadmines (or VC as us Vanilla gamers know it). Stayed there till 22 which only took me 2 hours to gain. Currently, I'm sitting at lvl 46 with only 36 hours /played and that's with 4 of those hours working on Blacksmithing.

Comment

I can't tell you much about the diff between Prot and Ret Pallys but I can tell you that my Ret Pally has gone into areas that have killed my other toons - some of them numerous times (certain harpy-villes, a rather annoying area with scorpions and grub with incredible line of sight and even the smallest of them hit hard...) and he has survived and walked away from them. Just about the only time he has died has been when I've been distracted at home and wasn't paying as much attention as I should have... lol

He's only up to his mid 30s right now because I've been working on my DK - running him through random heroics... but I'll be getting back to him soon.
              * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Working...
              X