damn!!!!! cant get WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn!!!!! cant get WOW

I have just had a new computer installed at work (windows 7). Now when I try to get to WOW europe website i get "games is blocked by web content filter". So I am unable to download the client or access any WOW resources e.g Wowiki etc.
    Anyone know how to circumvent this and play at work again?

THX

You probably can't - the filter is probably at the proxy server, although the timing of you getting a new computer and it happening for the first time is strange... BTW - if they are doing it at the proxy level and you try to circumvent it by using an outside proxy, in many companies, that's grounds for termination or at the very minimum, a reprimand... so be very careful in what you attempt.

In my case, our server blocks many websites - game related, 'adult', as well as other prohibited activities... I'm very glad I can get to ZG, but can't get to elitestjerks and most other game related sites/forums.
    * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Thx for that. I assume its not possible to play from an external drive?

Comment

Probably not. You'd be able to play it as a 'stand alone' if you could run it as a server, but you'd have to have admin rights to the machine to even be able to install that. Of course you can always log on here and at least get a little bit of a 'fix' by talking about it... lol

Comment

Well that seems to be my only option...Thank god for Zygor.

Thanks for imparting your knowledge Voltec....my comp skills are pretty good but not that good lol.

Comment

Unfortunetly, I've had to work behind a proxy firewall all too often. Active duty Navy for 21 years, then giving telephone support for the very 'machine' that blocked that content... and now onto a much better job... but still working on a Navy base providing IT support (for a different network)... lol

Comment

There is one possible way to get around the firewall that your company put up.

Buy a laptop and use a 4g internet connection.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

lol....nice idea. I think they might notice tho.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  There is one possible way to get around the firewall that your company put up.

Buy a laptop and use a 4g internet connection.
                  Yea... that defintely wouldn't go well here... we're not even allowed to bring cell phones into the building...

Comment

Google search K proxy.

Click on the result that says available servers.

Click surf in the upper right hand corner, this should take you to the Facebook sign in page, but you can change which website you want to go to in the navy blue bar at the top of the webpage (not the browser).

P.S. Navy reservist here, thanks for serving.
                    85s
                    Skippyninja
                    Oomatherman
                    Judedaniels
                    MissRuPaul
                    Sumekomovani
                    Pattymelt
                    Shamwiches
                    Twonewon
                    Takakoinaba
                    Cursesmcgee

Comment