The 85 Project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 85 Project!

Before I talk on the project, I'll tell you about myself. I only came into wow about a year ago and it took me awhile before I found what I enjoyed the most in wow. At first it was arena (I was a cod4 semi-pro player, so competitiveness in my blood) then it turned to general pvp (world, bgs anything). After awhile, I really found something I liked about each class and decided since my arena partners dont have as much free time as I have, I will level every single class to 85.

Problems I Will Face
    The only major problem will be myself. I've never been a fan of levelling or low level pvp as it's unbalanced. I'll sometimes get bored and stop. To overcome my own weakness, I've created a killer spotify playlist and will set goals for myself. I feel my strongest leveling areas will be outlands and 80-85, mostly cos I like the content. I've always hated northrend, but I should be able to power through it without much trouble. I'll be counting on zygor to get me through 20-60 content!

What is this thread about!
    This thread is to help myself and to discuss with other crazy levelers about things we face and just have fun I will also keep my progress on this thread!

What I like about each class
    Like I said above, each class has something (mostly pvp related) I love about them. For priests, it's mind control. anyone who's used mind control enough knows why :3 Rogues, it's shadowstep I love it, so fun to use. Hunters, the pets dont mean much to me, I really like the whole arrows/guns thing. Mages, mirror image it's like having a party of just you Paladin, freedom the animation I really like for some reason. Shammy, Ghost wolf form is pretty cool. Warlock, felhound because it looks like a zergling (I have other reasons, but zerglings are really cool) Warrior, Charge/Intercept animation looks cool and makes you feel like boss being in peoples faces swinging an axe. Druid, the whole jack of all trades (can be the master of one) druids have some much to them great class. Death Knight, Death Grip I feel the need to say "GET OVER HERE" every time I press the button.

The list!
    Priest - 85 Night Elf (not really playing till next patch)
    Rogue - 85 Undead (already full pvp geared!)
    Hunter - 80 Troll (my first character :3)
    Mage - 66 Undead (the first class I tried, most likely the next 85. Leveling with friend via instances)
    Paladin - 34 Tauren (Always wanted a tank, but most likely going to make it holy at 85)
    Shaman - 8 Tauren (I created this to try zygorguides,
    Warlock - N/A (I love felhound cos it looks like zergling xD)
    Warrior - 8 Undead
    Druid - 18 Tauren (dont wanna level it straight away cos I know i'd abuse feral overpoweredness atm)
    Death Knight - 71 Human (most likely one of the last characters I will get 85)

The bottom stuff
    So I hope you guys will join in with me and hope you have as much fun leveling as I do! (motivation is key!) Also I'd like to thank Zygor for allowing me to think this was possible, you really dont think when using it. It saves time and helps you feel less angry about bad designed quests

There are several people in my guild doing this as well

You can see my progress in my siggy, seeing as I post on nearly everything you shouldn't miss it XD
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Nice what class you like most atm?

Comment

Mages, my absolute fave. Skippyninja is my main toon, and my trophy character. I like all of the other classes for a change of pace and the mechanics behind them, but I love mages.

For healing I prefer priests or Pally's. Shaman are fun, but Druids are a pain... I don't like waiting for the HoTs to tick XD.

For tanking, Warrior all the way... I'm gonna try my DK and pally out, but never bear (Warriors are better at using rage lol).
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

I love mages too, I don't know why I went for a hunter over it when I was choosing xD

Comment

Hunters are fun too, but mages are tricky little buggers with all the fun toys in their spell books.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

That's true, I'm alittle sad that icelance spam is the most effective way of killing stuff

Comment

Day 1
                Forgot to mention every character except the shaman was leveled with the guide. I will be aiming to get full bags for my characters, I've decided to only get neatherweave ones, as frost ones cost 200g each on my server. I dont feel like burning that gold on all my characters.

Shaman: Level 13
                After posting my thread, I went onto my shaman did some quests which didn't take long, the guide was cleaver in missing some very unimportant quests. Logged out in crossroads, after picking up all quest that the guide wanted me to pick up.

Plan for tomorrow
                I'm in college tomorrow, but afterwards if my arena partners aint doing anything I will level my shaman to 20, then focus on getting my warrior to level 15/20 aswell.

Comment

I'm also working on project 85. As I currently not only play WoW but also other games I'm not spending that much time for it though.
                  I have all classes at least at level 80, Mage and Death Knight at 85, one Warrior at 82 and Hunter at 82.
                  The Death Knight was transferred to another server to make room for a new Worgen Warrior. Warrior is my favorite class, I like rushing into loads of enemies.
                  The new 1-60 content seems to be pretty easy, I do every quest in the guide as I also want to see everything on my way.

Comment

I'm also trying to get an 85 of each class. Most of mine are sitting there at level 60 at the moment because I really hate Outland Well, HFP mainly - once I get through that I'm OK and I actually quite like Nagrand. I do every quest in the Outland guides and usually ding 70 about a third into Blade's Edge. I really like Northrend so, once I get through the 60s, I'm sweet.

Comment

I've also decided to do this, but I'm going to do it one at a time with toons only leveled with Zygor. I did a random roll to figure out which class to do first because I was bored with them all (I left out DK because I wanted to experience the Goblin starter areas).
                      Leveling -Rexxar US

Zygracer Goblin Shadow Priest Level 63

Comment

01 February 2011 Update
                        Loving the feedback and good to see everyone else who wants to experience a lot of WoW that most others dont. I've fallen alittle behind on my leveling, since I've fell in love with another game. League of Legends is got my hooked. Dont worry, I'm still focused and only switch to LoL when I'm very bored. I play LoL EU so if you want to add me PM me your info :3

Mage 63 to 66
                        I've been leveling my mage with friends (pally/pally) and we've been doing dungeons. Funny, I've noticed how slow leveling via dungeons are, even with a prot pally and holy pally running instances with.

What I Want To Do
                        For some reason, I'm getting really attracted to shammy and will start doing more leveling. However, I want to go resto, but as you know that's a bad idea for questing. I think I will go elemental even if enhancement is better. I prefer casters. Also, I still need to get my warrior to some double figures.

Comment

Working...
                        X