Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unholy Macro Help

First of all thanks Zygor you rock for making wow so much funner ;D

Anyway, i am now in a heroic 25 man Raid guild ( Yay ) and i am having some slight problems with some bosses, ESPCIALLY Omnotron Defence System, ( Blackwing Descent )

I am unholy, And i need to know a macro that i can just press once and my ghoul will stop attacking the current boss and attack the next without having to target him, press stop attacking, target boss, press attack, wastes about 4 seconds and those 4 seconds can easily miss a interrupt which could spiral into a 25 man wipe. ( I wouldnt like that lol )

Many thanks :3

I would think something simple would work but it will change your current target for a brief second.

/pet back off
    /target <boss2>
    /pet attack
    /target <boss1>

Of course this is assuming you want to keep focusing on the first boss while the pet engages the next boss. If you are planning to fight the new boss along with your pet then remove the last line. Also, make sure your pet is in Passive mode, that way he won't go back after boss1 if there's an AoE or anything like that.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You can also make a macro that just says /petattack and hotkey it someplace. This macro tells your pet to target and attack whatever you are currently targeting.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Cabby meant well, but his suggestion would require a lot of maintenance from one fight to the next, and would give you one more button that you would have to press... and with fights such as ODS, the boss activation is random and there are four of them... so the macro wouldn’t work for this situation.

Kam pretty much had it, but with one slight difference. Macro your pet's Claw into one of your abilities. This will cause your pet to auto attack whatever target you are on by using its claw ability. The ghoul AI is pretty bad in terms of its energy usage. If you watch your ghouls energy, you'll notice that sometimes its energy bar will max out before it casts another claw... this is a waste of DPS. With the below macro, you are utilizing your pets energy to its fullest.

Here is the macro you want to make.
        #showtooltip Scourge Strike
        /cast Scourge Strike
        /cast Claw

WARNING: With WoW's auto target feature, if you press your SS with this macro and you don’t have a mob targeted, you will auto target an enemy, and then off goes your pet.
        I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post
          WARNING: With WoW's auto target feature, if you press your SS with this macro and you don’t have a mob targeted, you will auto target an enemy, and then off goes your pet.
          This is pretty much why I use the /petattack macro, especially in a raid environment. As raid leader I would be quite upset to have a player with a pet they cant control pulling extra and unwanted mobs into a fight. This gets a player kicked very quickly. Granted its an "extra button" to press, but it also guarantees your pet is on your target, and not going willy-nilly in a fight.
          Control of a pet in a raid is as important to a raid leader as is your DPS numbers.
          But, as always, it is a personal preference on how you work this out.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            This is pretty much why I use the /petattack macro, especially in a raid environment. As raid leader I would be quite upset to have a player with a pet they cant control pulling extra and unwanted mobs into a fight. This gets a player kicked very quickly. Granted its an "extra button" to press, but it also guarantees your pet is on your target, and not going willy-nilly in a fight.
            Control of a pet in a raid is as important to a raid leader as is your DPS numbers.
            But, as always, it is a personal preference on how you work this out.
            I agree with what you are saying. If you aren't raid aware and/or incompetent with properly controling your character, then this macro isn't for you.

However, if you are into min/maxing your character and being the best you can be in a raid, that macro is the way to go. I have used it for about 2 years and have never caused premature agro in a raid... but again, to your last point, it depends on what you can handle (or preference).
            I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

To re-emphasize what i mean when i say that macro will maximize your DPS:

The ghoul’s AI doesn't properly utilize its energy bar, and lets it max out before the ghoul will cast claw (or anything else).

On a side note, if you do have a bit of a learning curve while tightening up your key pressing, turn off the ghoul's leap. This will give you time to click the "Pet Follow" button on your pet bar before he reaches the mobs.

Comment

Working...
              X