The Best Phishing E-Mail to Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Phishing E-Mail to Date

This one I had to come share with you all. It is the best phishing email sent to me, ever. Notice the smooth flow of the english language, and the proper use of sentence structure. It truly is a masterpiece.
    --------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

***Please read this e-mail carefully, as it is related to your account state of World of Warcraft ID.

Deathwing the Destroyer returns to Azeroth. There is a serious saturation point in the World of Warcraft ID(s) and it is very difficult for players to creat a role. That we may delete some of the same as role's ID(s) to ensure to get a better gaming experience for players.

Sorry, because the part ID(s) which is not logged on ,for a long time. For our regular check may cause your ID(s) is cleared. We need you to submit the further questionnaire in person. In order to confirm that you are still in Azeroth. Please click

(link removed)

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

*We look forward to seeing you back in Azeroth.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have given up deleting.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I give that one a 10 out of 10 for crap emails.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

lol, now that's good English

Comment

That sounds serious, I hope you followed their directions to a "T."
      85s
      Skippyninja
      Oomatherman
      Judedaniels
      MissRuPaul
      Sumekomovani
      Pattymelt
      Shamwiches
      Twonewon
      Takakoinaba
      Cursesmcgee

Comment

I wonder why Blizzard doesn't just not include links in their emails and the email just says that you have a problem with your account and to visit your account page to resolve this issue?
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Got another one worthy of noting:
          --------------------------------------------------------------

Der Players
          You've been summoned back to Azeroth. Experience all of the new and exciting content that's been added to World of Warcraft? in patch 4.2, Rise of the Zandalari, with 7 FREE days of game time for your account. Simply click below to claim your free time... but act fast, as this limited-time offer will expire soon.
          <link removed>
          During your 7 FREE days, you'll have access to all of the new and exciting features that have been added to World of Warcraft, including:
          Two Newly Remastered Dungeons - Venture into the updated Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman to defeat the Zandalari and earn all-new epic gear, rare mounts, pets and more.
          PVP / PVE Currency Exchange - Convert your Honor points into Justice points, Justice points into Honor points, and Valor points into Conquest points to get the gear that you want regardless of how you spend your time playing World of Warcraft.
          Weekly Bonus Valor for Dungeons - Can't log in daily? Earn bonus Valor points for the first seven times you use the Dungeon Finder during the week instead of once per day.
          Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms - Additional incentives for tanks and healers to reduce queue times for all players in level 85 Heroics
          Guild Finder - Can you only play Thursdays at noon? Are you more interested in PvP than raiding? Guild Finder will help find the right guild for you.
          Guild Challenges - Earn additional guild experience, achievements and gold when you complete these weekly tasks with your guildmates.
          And much more...
          We hope you enjoy your 7 days of FREE game time and look forward to seeing you back in Azeroth.
          - The World of Warcraft Team
          -------------------------------------------------------

They just cant release a single email without some major typo or smashing the English language in the face.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Got the major error:
            in patch 4.2, Rise of the Zandalari
            I recently got the same or a very similar mail. The dangerous thing is that they copy paste much text from the official site so it looks much better than the old chinese to russian to swahili to english translations...
            And the layout of those mails looks quite official too as they use Blizzard graphics.

Comment

They also can't keep up with the name of patches. Patch 4.2 Rise of the Zandalar? Seriously? Man Ragnaros is going to be mad. BY FIRE BE PURGED YOU FOOLISH PHISHERS!
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

They made the mistake of trying to add in a little too much at the beginning of it.

Der Players
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Better than "Deer Players", there sadly is no Deer race in WoW. They should rather started with "Cow, Dog and Spacegoat Players"

Comment

Check This One

Dear Players! ljaxkxsaektpsye23700185590659834813
                    820616347189389356597350518ximlb9epw70v3l1yzk
                    akovamjrqvactxs159167771467964wpfmeogomqllfpt
                    We are very sorry to inform you that your account occurred in the number of illegal transactions in a very long period of time. We have not received any complaints about your transactions. But if other players send complaints about your account to us, we will permanently ban your account.
                    yfggxb2q0uflkyo2234097938igc92kxzditudn5ytgdj
                    utlgoifkrvgshoyjuvhm21270276378020727605
                    So we have reviewed our logs of your account, and we were able to determine the following:
                    789508814704414vfbdjqwaxctugwaydhhvavrlbubqek
                    *Battle.Net Account Name: Not My Account Username Here
                    gawjwbiczc198847990775008t8ripwilku9llooyp00p
                    *Battle.Net Account Action: 42 Hour Suspension
                    4fy84obwvshuapl1dalg8665479844yc2bmo8gnhmymkm
                    5882644695fngxzksd6uj9uutzcwdevikvyzcbvxstygw
                    In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, so we have issued this warning letters to you.
                    You should go to the account management website to submit your account information as soon as possible : Was supposed to be a link here but the link wasn't a link just a web address that I would have to copy and paste to my address bar.
                    9ljoob41564259974561114943
                    80467091264438611659vmaxnmgiae560203745558364
                    It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock.
                    lv0o7frqhygvqnaaibjpxqorlhrcfn137465047019160
                    018213331847903237069ut4zcnzhzuo0unldbzib5boc
                    Game Master

Blizzard Entertainment
                    Also see all of the letters and numbers? They showed up when I highlighted the email to copy and paste it here.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Greetings,
                      Dear players,big disaster has arrived. We are closely watching the development of the game. In this beautiful moment to thank all the players.We have to do a surey to obtain some information used to adjust some details of the game in order to obtain better service. please sign the following links:
                      ((Links removed))
                      survey of vote after the vote we will adjust the information for statistical details of the game. You work with our playres,please,thank you. After the questionnaire had the palayers to vote will receive a mystery gift.

Sincerely,
                      Blizzard Entertainment
                      Battle.net team

Gahahahahaha! How can you tell this is fake? #1: Blizz doesn't really care what we think. #2: "Big disaster has arrived." Duh, it's called "Cataclysm" for a reason. #3: Look at all the different ways to spell "players."
                      85s
                      Skippyninja
                      Oomatherman
                      Judedaniels
                      MissRuPaul
                      Sumekomovani
                      Pattymelt
                      Shamwiches
                      Twonewon
                      Takakoinaba
                      Cursesmcgee

Comment

No, the big disaster is not game related, it's spammers only having 3 yeard old childs with boxing gloves typing those mails

Comment

Seems legit...

Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Secure Your Computer

In the event that your computer has been infected with malicious software such as a keylogger or trojan, simply changing your password may not deter future attacks without first ensuring that your computer is free from these programs. Please visit our Account Security website to learn how to secure your computer from unauthorized access.

Step 2: Secure Your E-mail Account

After you have secured your computer, please create a new password for your e-mail account since it may also be compromised. Be sure to check your e-mail filters and rules and look for any e-mail forwarding rules that you did not create. For more information on securing your e-mail account, visit our Account Security website.

Step 3: Verify your account

You must verify your account in order to resume using this Battle.net account. Please click this link to verify your account:
                          <Link Removed>

Note that your password no longer grants access to Battle.net account management, World of Warcraft, or any other login-protected Battle.net account service.

If you still have questions or concerns after following the steps above, feel free to contact Customer Support at <Link Removed>

Blizzard Entertainment SAS
                          TSA 60 001
                          Service Administration des Comptes
                          78143 Velizy Villacoublay Cedex
                          Love the step-by-step instructions on how to secure your computer since they then plan to rob you blind. Oh the irony

Comment

Just a reminder if you think something is legit log in to your account on the wow blizzard site by typing the web address yourself not by following links in a email. Also if your account was really locked then you can also test it by trying to log in to the game it will come up with a message if something has happened to it.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

And if it's gota msg make sure ur game time didn't expire lol
                              Last month I went to log in and gota msg and was like NO!
                              Went to check my account and then saw I had no time left lol...all my Xmas game cards ran out
                              One guy ony old server ran outa time and then also gota email and did what it said lol...but in all fairness it was his 1 month free time with wow so he was a noob still
                              LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
                              Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
                              Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
                              Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
                              Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
                              Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
                              Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
                              Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
                              Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
                              Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
                              Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
                              Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA