No announcement yet.

SWTOR Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First level 50 reported: http://www.theoldrepublicordie.com/2...-has-appeared/
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Going to give SWTOR a pass tonight and go to be earlier. I probably don't want to be around for the mess that may happen.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Hehe, since I'm 3rd shift I figure I'll take a nap for a couple hours then wake up around 3am and hop on.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Forums back.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Bioware:
            Tonight at 12:01AM EST we are officially launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

This is a huge moment for everyone - both the fans and those who created the game. Thanks for being part of the experience so far, and we look forward to running the best game service we can for years to come.

Tonight, we are bringing the servers down for maintenance as we prepare for launch, as previously mentioned. Both the game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline from 6PM CST (4PM PST/7PM EST/12AM GMT/1AM CET) to 11PM CST (9PM PST/12AM EST/5AM GMT/6AM CET).

As well as bringing the existing game servers back online, from 11PM CST onwards we'll be bringing up a large number of new servers, spread across all three of our server locations (US West Coast, US East Coast and Europe). As always, every server is open and available to anyone playing - just select your preferred location (US / Europe) from the tab at the bottom of the server select screen.

Even with these additional servers we are expecting queues on the most popular servers, and these queues are likely to persist for a while yet. We are monitoring them closely and raising population caps where necessary, however this is a careful process that is ongoing. Our servers do not have unlimited populations and we want every server to have a healthy population during and after launch.

If you are joining the game for the first time during this launch period, or if you are looking for a lower population server to play on, now is the best time to create a character on a new server. We would strongly advise anyone joining the game to not attempt to create a new character on a server that is listed as 'Full', unless you are comfortable with the potential for queues to enter the server.

Finally, don't forget that after tonight's downtime, you are entering a 'grace period' in which you will need to enter your final product registration code (AKA 'game code') from your copy of the game (or your email from Origin), along with your preferred payment method, to activate your 30 days of game time. You can redeem your game code here.

As another reminder, we'll be taking down the game servers and SWTOR.com at the end of that 'grace period' at 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET), the early hours of December 22nd. When the servers come back up at that time, you will need a product registration code redeemed on your account to continue playing. To ensure you can continue to play, make sure you redeem your code as soon as possible.

We're getting ready for launch - we hope you are too. We look forward to seeing you online!
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

The world is set to explode in 26 minutes and I'm going to bed. Hope the world is still here when I wake up.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

There is a 10 minute queue this morning on my server. Number 90 in line.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I just got done playing. Logged in about 2am and Jedi Covenant was listed as Heavy and there were still a couple of servers that had 10min queues.

Comment

Damn the CE box is freaking HUGE!!!! I'm gonna have to go rent out a room somewhere just to store the box.

Comment

No kidding. I just got mine. Redeemed the code and have a 6 month sub. I'm set. Just checked the server queue and it was full but there wasn't a wait time for it.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Bioware:
                        As many of you know, we're experiencing high load and corresponding queues on some servers. This is to be expected during launch, as a high number of people want to play the game, and for long stretches at a time.

We're monitoring all of our servers around the clock, and we're raising server population caps where required. However, to ensure our long-term goals of server stability and healthy populations, we do not want to raise population caps too rapidly. We want incoming players to populate lower population servers. At the same time, higher population servers will not be 'locked' because we want to allow people to join a server to play with their friends if they wish to.

With this in mind, we wanted to notify everyone of some consistently high population servers. These servers are closing in on their absolute population cap (the maximum amount of players who can be on the server at any given time) and will likely have a queue to enter even at off-peak play times.

We strongly advise you to not create new characters on these servers, unless you are prepared to queue to play.

US-based servers

The Harbinger – US West Coast - PvE
                        The Swiftsure – US West Coast - PvP

The Fatman – US East Coast - PvP

EU-based servers

Bloodworthy – EU English - PvP
                        Frostclaw – EU English - PvE
                        Legions of Lettow – EU English - PvP
                        The Red Eclipse – EU English - PvE
                        Tomb of Freedom Nadd – EU English - PvP

Darth Revan's Mask – EU German - PvP
                        Darth Traya – EU German - PvP
                        Jar'Kai Sword - EU German - PvP

Hrakert Rift – EU French - PvP

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem. We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Don't know which servers are going down tonight could be all but the Taris Memory Leak will be fixed over night they said.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I don't remember seeing any Tweets about this. Did they say when they would take servers down to fix that or are they going to wait until the scheduled maintenance tomorrow night and you just have your nights wrong?

Comment

From Bioware:
                              Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we're rolling out a fix for the issues seen on Taris, and this should be deployed overnight tonight (December 20).

Thanks for your patience while we dealt with this issue.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Yeah, surprised they didn't do a tweet for that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X