OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So speculate how long until MOP? June, August, October, December or ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Friday, July 6, we'll be testing two encounters.

Each encounter should be available at approximately the listed times below for all Beta Test Realms, regardless of suggested geographical region.

Lei Shi (Terrace of Endless Spring) - 10 Player Normal
    10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)

Sha of Fear (Terrace of Endless Spring) - 10 Player Normal
    16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a beta environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session or cancel it entirely, due to bugs, builds, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

The intent is always to make every encounter available on every server. Sometimes there are technical or logistical issues that make it impossible to test a specific encounter on a specific server. In prior days, a couple of encounters were not accessible on Mekkatorque, for example. We want to get as many people into the zone to test as possible, but it's not always possible to fix problems as they develop.

All I can say is that we'll do our best, but the beta test availability disclaimers that accompany each schedule posting are there for a reason.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Heart of Fear: Garalon
      Tonight we take a look at Garalon, the fourth boss of the Heart of Fear raid.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Heart of Fear
        The Sha of Fear has corrupted the grand empress of the mantid. Her increasingly erratic and paranoid commands have driven the Klaxxi--the keepers of mantid culture--to take aggressive action. Because they are few in number, the Klaxxi are reluctantly willing to accept outside help in destroying the empress and purging their race of the sha's negative influence.

Garalon
        Furious Swipe - Garalon performs a Furious Swipe to targets in a large cone in front of him, inflicting 800,000 Physical damage. If Garalon fails to hit at least 2 targets with his Furious Swipe, he gains Fury.
        Fury - Fury increases Garalon's damage dealt by 10% and movement speed by 10% for 30 sec. This effect stacks.
        Crush - Garalon crushes his foes, inflicting 100,000 Physical damage to all players. Any player within 12 yards receives an additional 800,000 Physical damage as Garalon's body slams down upon them. Garalon's massive bulk also knocks down all players for 2 sec. Garalon crushes foes whenever he detects their presence beneath him. In Normal Difficulty, Garalon also crushes foes when Pheromones passes to a new target. In Heroic Difficulty, Garalon periodically crushes foes.
        Pheromones - Garalon surrounds a player with powerful pheromones, fixating on the target. Every 2 sec. the Pheromones inflict 20,000 Nature damage and Pungency on the target, then spawn a Pheromone Trail. Pheromones pass to allies in close proximity.
        Pungency - Exposure to Garalon's Pheromones renders the player extra pungent, increasing Pheromone damage by 10% for 1.25 min. This effect stacks.
        Pheromone Trail - The Pheromone Trail on the ground inflicts 25,000 Nature damage to players within 4 yards.
        Garalon's Legs - Players attack Garalon's legs separately from his body.
        Weak Point - Close proximity to Garalon's leg allows attackers to see weak points, increasing their damage dealt to the leg by 100%.
        Broken Leg - Breaking one of Garalon's legs damages Garalon for 3% of his maximum health and reduces Garalon's movement speed by 15%. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
        Mend Leg - Garalon periodically mends one of his broken legs, restoring it to full health.
        Damaged - In Heroic difficulty, Garalon gains the Damaged effect upon reaching 33% remaining health.
        Pheromones - While Garalon has the Damaged effect, Garalon ignores the fixate effects of Pheromones.
        Melee Attack - While Garalon has the Damaged effect, Garalon uses his normal melee attack and gains a dramatic speed increase.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Crypt of the Forgotten Kings Scenario
          Another scenario opened recently for testing, Crypt of the Forgotten Kings!

Scenarios Fancy Footwork
          Complete the Crypt of Forgotten Kings scenario without anyone taking damage from a Cloud of Hatred.
          Scenarios It's a Trap!
          Step on a floor trap in the Crypt of Forgotten Kings scenario.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Beta Class Balance Analysis

One slight correction to something we said a while back:
            White attacks are still ‘one roll’ (Miss Dodge Parry Block Glance Crit Hit), and yellow attacks are still ‘two roll’ (Miss Dodge Parry Block, Crit). The only change to that is that Block against players is an additional separate roll now.
            Correction: Block is always a separate roll, not just on players. So white attacks are technically two rolls (Miss Dodge Parry Glance Crit Hit vs. Block NonBlock), and yellow attacks are technically three rolls (Miss Dodge Parry Hit vs. Block NonBlock vs. Crit NonCrit). However, please take care in discussing this, since "two roll" has historically meant that crit is rolled separately, which is NOT the case for white attacks.

From the calculator I'm assuming this [healer pushback] is 70 percent right?
            Yes.

Have you guys done the low level pvp pass that Zarhym mentioned in this thread many months back?
            No, not yet. Good question. We like to make sure the changes we have for level 85-90 feel shippable before we look at things at lower level. Any abilities that stand out are certainly worth mentioning (anywhere in this forum) so we will be on the lookout for them.

Death Knight
            Continuing on from this post: is Runic Corruption bugged? Some DKs are noticing that multiple procs of Runic Corruption in a row are leading to the buff getting a full 3 seconds added to it. Take an instance of 3 RC procs in a row with a 2.5 second duration. 3 RC procs in a row should grant 7.5 seconds, but in actuality, is giving us 8.5 seconds (2.5 + 3 + 3). Could this bug possibly explain why Runic Corruption is doing so well for the devs and not the players?
            Yes, that is exactly what is happening and is fixed for the next build. That should account for some of the difference between RC and RE.

Is it intended that Rime proc Howling blast doesn't produce 10 Runic power? Also, using conversion while in frost spec/pres causes the RP generation to go from 20% to 100%.
            Yes. RP generation is associated with spending runes. We’ve fixed the bug with Conversion interacting incorrectly with Frost Presence for the next build.

Shaman
            Frankly, I don't see buffing Telluric Currents to be the right approach for Shaman mana regeneration
            The intent of Telluric Currents is free Lightning Bolts, not a healer mana regeneration system.

(The new priest talent, PW: Solace is intended to generate mana, but it is a talent that competes against other mana regeneration / conservation talents. Always remember when looking at healer mana that you have to look at the entire package, including the costs of heals themselves.)

Warrior
            Is it intentional that Bloodbath does not proc off Dragon's Roar?
            Yes. We will change the tooltip to clarify that it only affects melee special attacks.

Is there a chance that it could be tied to both Critical Block chance and Shield Barrier potency so Mastery is relevant to both our AM Buttons, like paladins got with their Bastion of Glory talent? (You could also bring back the "Hold the Line" name this way.)
            We think Prot's mastery works. Block chance is still useful since you can't get 100% uptime of Shield Block. Shield Barrier is getting a lot of attention now because it works so well on easier dungeons and older content, but we expect warriors will still be using Shield Block a lot on tougher fights.

In Fury related news, is there any chance that Raging Blow could be looked at? It's still not very powerful or integral to Fury's rotation and only accounts for a small portion of Fury's overall DPS.
            We agree that Raging Blow needs to hit harder. You should be excited about using it whenever it is available.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Content Difficulty and Consumption Speed
              If that would be so, then why is TBC considered the best expansion for raiders, even with TK and Sunwell being so hard as they were? Loads of guilds could not complete SW, heck most guilds did not even raid at that level.
              For the most hardcore raiders, yeah, sure it was fun. For the players that were somewhere behind (either Tier 5 or Tier 6 content, heck, even at Brutallus), things weren't exactly bright. I still remember the many threads we were seeing back then about Kael'thas and Lady Vashj breaking guilds...

Kael'thas, Muru, Kil'Jaeden, those fights were so hard they were massive brick walls, yet people liked it that way. And I bet it is because they gave a good challenge to even the most hardcore raiders. Thats what HM bosses should be, and should stay at -> hard, challenging and rewarding fights.
              I understand this is the reasoning from the perspective of hardcore players, but there're many more players that for whatever reason don't really have the same level of skill. It doesn't take long for those players to go from fun to the frustration of realizing that, at their current skill level, they're facing an impossible challenge.

And the rewards have to more then a green "Herioc" tag for killing a nerfed boss. It has to be mostly the feeling that killing that boss really takes effort and the relieve of killing that boss after your 20th+ try on your own skills and not by a 5% debuff crutch must be whats driving you forward. Being rewarded for killing a weaker boss doesn't feel compelling to a lot of people.
              To many other players, knowing that the boss is now 5% weaker, is compelling because it means they can have an easier time on things that were blocking them and will start progressing on the encounter.

So why is blizzard willing to take the achievement and prestige out of heroics. Trying to act like we're just being greedy for wanting heroics to MEAN something to down is pathetic. (which exactly how this blue is sounding)
              Achievements aren't being removed from heroics, so that argument is rather moot. But if you really think that John Doe cares about what you did in a video game, you should really think again. Of course it means something to you, just don't pretend it means something for everyone, because that's not the case even in-game.

If you really think everyone needs to 'have room to move up or they'll get bored and quit' then screw it. Why have content that's hard at all - lets release 20 raid bosses all with a straight 25% nerf straight away so no one gets their feelings hurt that they can't progress.
              There's a massive difference between having an appropriate challenge, hitting a brick wall, and steamrolling everything. If there's absolutly no challenge on any of the bosses, that would be as boring as hitting a raid full of Heroic Ragnaros for the players that don't have the skill to perform at that level. There're players that, very probably, could take on even harder incarnations of the bosses we've all seen. There're players that need a 5/10% debuff to have an adequate challenge, and there're players as well that even with the 30% debuff still struggle to advance.

And all of them are progressing at their own pace.

But now, all hardcore/semi-hardcore guilds have 8/8 DS HC
              Can you prove that with data?. For some reason it's relatively common to have this perception that, because something is easier than before, everyone is getting it, and it's not true. The cold reality is that there're many raiding guilds that won't even see Spine Heroic before Mists of Pandaria is released (the skill difference between those guilds and the Top 200 in the world is THAT big).

The real funny thing is that if a player couldn't get past a certain hc in TBC he tried harder, joined other groups and got better gear
              I know for many hardcore players, changing groups is not only acceptable, but pretty much mandatory. "If your current guild can't clear this, leave that sorry lot behind and aim for the sky". The reality is that many enjoy raiding with their friends and they'd rather stay there than join a guild that has Madness Heroic on farm status since Day 1, even if they can.

May I just say, I absolutely love the 3-tier system. The idea is quite brilliant indeed- I just think it needs more tweaking and balancing. That is, at what point to how much HCs should be nerfed, exactly HOW easy LFR should be, and which dungeons should be included- time will tell. My personal belief is that if most of the end content dungeons would be available in the 3 tier system, less people would complain about the "lack of content".
              That's a very interesting thought, thanks for sharing it.

Are the Challenge Mode dungeons exactly the same as the Heroic Mode counterparts?
              Although Jito has already responded to this (here), I'll add that Challenge mode is actually tuned harder than Heroic, and in some cases there might be even extra pulls or mechanics that aren't present on Heroic.

I haven't really thought about the jump in the tier gear, e.g from 12 -> 13. Even if the ilevel of the tier is on par with dungeon/rep reward level like I suggested, if the set bonus is more powerful than the previous, then LFR starts to feel more mandatory again. Any ideas on how this could be possibly addressed?
              I think we should accept that guilds pushing for world firsts will do anything in their hands to get an edge. And it doesn't sound fair to punish the rest of the playerbase, preventing them from improving the gear of their characters, just because some guilds might get and edge on their race to world first.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

You are basically saying that when confronted with a challenge the player must receive help to push past it.
                Some players do need that help to progress on certain encounters. It's not necessarily a must, but it's true that there're players out there that wouldn't be able to kill a certain boss before the debuff reaches a certain percentage (if you kill a boss just with 5%, then you were pretty close already, by all means).

The part terrifies me. In terms of player satisfaction your keyword is "progression", my keyword is "challenge". Sorry, seems we're worlds apart
                Both of them are the same. Progression brings a new challenge to overcome (unless you're at the end of the road). I'd say many players raid for the challenge and the experience, because they expect to overcome it eventually. That's were the line between progression and challenge might become distorted, as you start going through the different levels of skill our players have.

While to you a boss that is now 20% weaker than it was back then might look as an absolute non-challenge, the truth is that is still challenging for the players that are now progressing on it. So, the "challenge" is still there, and that's why, in that sense, for those players the debuff is almost a "must". If it wasn't for it, they wouldn't have anything else to do after defeating what's available to their own level of skill.

I am well aware that I am a tiny insignificant player compared to the millions playing wow; I am only trying to provide my own feedback which I believe is both my duty and right as a customer, as insignificant as I may be.
                If you can put your thoughts in a clear and concise manner (which you clearly do), then it's not insignificant. We may agree or disagree, but that's it.

How then can you, Draztal, assume that you know that "many other players" see nerfs as compelling because they now have an easier time? That's just an assumption as well isn't it?
                It's as much of an assumption as it is saying that many hardcore raiders find super difficult bosses compelling. I mean, it's just my way of trying to put into words that there's a segment of players that like the fact that, eventually, that boss they can't even think of killing right now, will be weaker enough to consider attempting it, and perhaps, succeeding at overcoming it.

I'd be crazy to not say that there are many hardcore raiders that find compelling fighting bosses that are absolutely insane for a huge majority of players.

You immediately solve all the issues. The people who need the nerfs, can still see the content, but get lower ilevel gear and the hardcores can play without nerfs to get their epeen gear.
                So that those players can artificially feel superior to them? Isn't enough the fact that they defeated the boss without the debuff prove they're already better than them?

I don't understand why this can't be implemented like this? I don't think a player that performs less should get the same rewards as a daily theorycrafting elite player. We don't pay a cleaner the same amount as a surgeon.
                This is a videogame, not a job. So it's pretty hard to relate that example to this environment, honestly.

Even if it was mandatory that you raid T11 content first, then T12 before you can get to T13, a lot of servers would only have one raiding guild running T13 content and wouldn't let anyone without T12 gear in.
                This was happening back on the TBC days (I'll use it since it's been mentioned several times as the ideal "moment" of hardcore raiding). At some point through the BT/Hyjal/SWP cycle, in some realms guilds just started canibalizing each other, as the rest of the players just didn't have the gear, or the progression required to join them. Some guilds broke trying to defeat Brutallus, but I've always wondered how many players trying to enter those guilds, were rejected solely on the gear they had, rather than the actual skill they had, just because they were still playing catch-up to the players that had progressed more than them.

Draztal, don't you think it's a bit of a concern to sort of set the barrier really low in some things, however? I mean, I totally get the whole being accessible (I hate the word though XD) and as you can tell from my raid history I am one of those that come from a 'I used to raid but got tired of the schedules"-people for which LFR is excellent, and to a lesser degree normal mode.

However, I am greatly concerned where we are headed in general with gaming, into what seems like an environment where difficulty is not allowed to exist without a free pass, and learning curves is to be frowned upon. Failure is not an option - more or less. Don't you (and others here) feel that it's bad for both the longevity of the game, the sense of accomplishment that arises from solving things, and just general patience with the few things that should be hard will wane through this encouragement?
                No, I don't think there's any concern on setting the barrier too low. I mean, anyone can play basketball, yet I know that the only thing in common I have with Michael Jordan when it comes to basketball skills is that he's also a human being.

Gaming has constantly been evolving, and it'll continue to do so for as long as this industry keeps moving. Difficulty is there, but the industry is probably moving away from punishing the players for things that, in the past, were seen as normal. Heck, back in the days even "casual" games (such as Super Mario) were punishing enough that, if you lost all your lifes (basically, the attempts at finishing the game), you had to start from scratch back in World 1-1.

Now - what can we do for Draztal. Oh yeah lets nerf the height of the hoop and the length of the field to Draztal also can get the above achievements - after all Jordan wont mind - he got them first and had fun doing them.
                The proper equivalent to your comparison would be that, for Jordan's despair, I'd have fun playing with my friends and perhaps even winning local tournaments (thanks to them, not me, certainly). But, anyways, you're comparing the professional aspect of something anyone can do (play basketball) with a videogame. The differences in that regard, are, obviously, too big to even consider it a fair ground.

Anyways, let's leave that example up there, would be a shame if the thread went off-topic now when there're so many interesting posts going around.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Cataclysm Wasn't Entirely Bad After All
                  When we were leaving behind The Burning Crusade the general consesus from players in the forums was something like... "This is the worst expansion ever, can't wait for Wrath of the Lich King".

When we were leaving behind Wrath of the Lich King the general consesus from players in the forums was something like... "This is the worst expansion ever, can't wait for Cataclysm".

Now that we'll leave behind Cataclysm the general consesus from players in the forums, once again, is... "This is the worst expansion ever, can't wait for Mists of Pandaria".

Yet, so far, every expansion has added something positive to the game (of course, some players will say TBC was the best, some will say Wrath was the best, and so on).

Both Archeology, Transmogrification and Raid Finder have been some of the best additions in the game.

Please Bring Back Attunements
                  However, my guess is that some people probably don't miss the need to do some ridiculously long questchain just to get access to the newest raid, but many might just miss the quests itself. Thus my idea, why not add those quest chains back in, as optional quests, letting them tell the story and/or reason you have to do the stuff in that raid, maybe add in some kind of reward or even a final quest for the final boss... that would be nice (as an example: i really like the black temple access quest chain, the way it is nowadays)
                  The Lorewalkers faction should prove very interesting for all those of you that enjoy discovering the lore of Azeroth.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Ok Chaos, I know I spotted it somewhere in all these posts. What are they doing with the quest limit for dailies? Raising it or eliminating it completely?
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No limit for any dailies that were put in for MoP. But still 25 daily limit for other dailies.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Heart of Fear: Amber-Shaper Un'sok

Today we take a look at Amber-Shaper Un'sok, the fifth boss of the Heart of Fear raid.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Heart of Fear
                          The Sha of Fear has corrupted the grand empress of the mantid. Her increasingly erratic and paranoid commands have driven the Klaxxi--the keepers of mantid culture--to take aggressive action. Because they are few in number, the Klaxxi are reluctantly willing to accept outside help in destroying the empress and purging their race of the sha's negative influence.

Amber-Shaper Un'sok
                          Achievements
                          I Heard You Like Amber... - Kill Living Amber in Burning Amber until at least 8 pools overlap, and then defeat Amber-Shaper Un'sok on Normal or Heroic difficulty in Heart of Fear.
                          Heroic: Amber-Shaper Un'sok - Defeat Amber-Shaper Un'sok in Heart of Fear on Heroic difficulty.

Encounter
                          Stage One: Worthy Test Subjects?
                          Amber Scalpel - Un'sok carves the ground with a focused beam of pure amber energy. The beam inflicts 20,000 Nature damage every 0.25 sec. at the point of contact, and leaves behind Molten Amber residue. The residue inflicts 27,500 Fire damage every 1 sec. to players who touch it. Some of this residue congeals into Living Amber oozes.
                          Living Amber - Each of these animated amber oozes focuses mindlessly on a random player, emanating a Corrosive Aura that inflicts 1,600 Nature damage every 2 sec to all players. Each ooze Bursts in a shower of amber when destroyed, inficting 45,500 Nature damage to enemies within 8 yards and healing any other Living Amber within that radius for 0% of their maximum health. In Heroic difficulty, dissolved Living Amber will reconstitute after 30 seconds. In Looking for Raid difficulty, destroying a Living Amber does not heal other nearby Living Amber.
                          Burning Amber - When a Living Amber is destroyed, it dissolves into a pool that deals 31,000 Fire damage every 1 sec to all enemies within 3 yards.
                          Parasitic Growth - Amber-Shaper Un'sok causes amber to grow within the body of a random target, inflicting 16,250 Nature damage every 2 sec. This strain of amber absorbs healing energy, increasing the damage it inflicts to its host in direct proportion to any healing received. After 30 sec, the unstable parasite dissipates without a trace.
                          Reshape Life - Un'sok unleashes a torrent of amber at a player, transforming the target into a misshapen mass of flowing amber that is hostile to players and monsters alike.
                          Mutated Construct - While transformed, the player continuously expends Willpower to retain control over the twisted form, at the rate of 2 per second, beginning with a maximum of 100. When Willpower runs out, the player dies and the Mutated Construct continues to act, uncontrolled.
                          Amber Explosion - The amber encircling the mutated player compels the unleashing of a massive explosion, inflicting 120,000 Nature damage to all players.
                          Amber Strike - The construct inflicts 250,000 Nature damage to the current hostile target and interrupts normal spellcasting. This includes a target's attempt to trigger an Amber Explosion. Amber Strike also destabilizes the target, increasing damage taken by 10% for 10 sec. This effect stacks.
                          Break Free - Once the physical form of the amber construct has been damaged to 20% of its remaining health, the player can break free with a great surge of will. The player then regains their natural form.
                          Consume Amber - A transformed player consumes a pool of Burning Amber left behind by a defeated Living Amber. The consumption restores 20 Willpower, but also bolsters the mutated form, increasing its current and maximum health by 4,500,000.
                          Struggle for Control - With a surge of will, the player expends 8 Willpower to force the mutated form to cease all action for 0.5 sec. This also increases the mutated form's damage taken by 100% for the 5 sec.
                          Smash - Transformed players use this simple melee attack in lieu of their normal attack, inflicting 40,000 Physical damage to a target.
                          Stage Two: Un'sok's Greatest Creation - When Un'sok reaches 60% remaining health, he calls forth a massive Amber Monstrosity to fight beside him. Un'sok continues to attack with his full arsenal of abilities from Stage One.
                          Amber Monstrosity - Un'sok formed this towering behemoth entirely of flowing amber, and it stands as a triumph of Un'sok's research into creating life from the mantids' amber.
                          Amber Explosion - The Monstrosity releases a massive explosion of amber energy, inflicting 140,000 Nature damage to all players.
                          Massive Stomp - The Monstrosity stomps the ground forcefully, inflicting 97,500 Physical damage to all enemies within 15 yards and knocking them back.
                          Fling - The Monstrosity grabs its current target in one of its massive hands and hurls the hapless victim at a distant player, causing 81,250 Physical damage to targets within 0 yards of the point of impact and stunning them for 3 sec.
                          Amber Carapace - While the Amber Monstrosity lives, an Amber Carapace shields Amber-Shaper Un'sok. The Carapace reduces his damage taken by 90%.
                          Stage Three: Un'sok Unleashed - Upon witnessing the destruction of his greatest creation, Un'sok channels power from the amber pools lining his chamber and prepares to make his final stand. Un'sok no longer uses Amber Scalpel, but now casts Reshape Life with greatly increased frequency.
                          Concentrated Mutation - Un'sok draws massive amounts of amber energy into his body, increasing his damage dealt by 50% and attack speed by 50%.
                          Volatile Amber - Un'sok's siphoning agitates the pools of amber around the room, causing them to periodically emit bursts of amber that fly through the air at high velocity. Each amber burst inflicts 29,250 Nature damage to any player it strikes. If a missile strikes a player while they are transformed into a Mutated Construct, it heals them for 20% of their health.
                          Amber Globule - Un'sok causes two spheres of destructive amber to form from the pools at the edges of the room, each of which fixates on a random player. If an Amber Globule comes into contact with its primary target, it explodes, dealing 600,000 Nature damage to all players within 30 yards. If two Amber Globules touch each other, their energies will neutralize and dissipate harmlessly.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Terrace of Endless Spring: Tsulong

Tsulong is the second boss in the Terrace of Endless Spring raid. This raid may be more difficult than the other two, as it requires you to complete Heart of Fear before entering.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Terrace of Endless Spring

Straddling the mountain range between the Jade Forest and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, the Terrace of Endless Spring has been a sacred refuge for millennia. Its peaceful fountains are said to have the power to heal and rejuvenate, but when the Sha of Fear attacked, many of the complex's guardians turned on each other in fits of terror.

Achievements

Tsulong

• The Night - Tsulong struggles at Night with the Sha's corrupting influence. Bringing Tsulong's remaining health to zero while at Night permanently destroys the Sha's influence over him. When he reaches 100 energy, he temporarily purges the Sha's influence and radiant sunlight turns Night into Day.
                                • Dread Shadows - The Dread Shadows created by the Sha within Tsulong inflict 5,000 Shadow damage on all players and increases their Dread Shadows damage taken by 10%. This effect stacks.
                                • Nightmares - The Sha within Tsulong projects Nightmares at the location of a random player. The Nightmares inflict 50,000 Shadow damage and fear players within 8 yards of the impact for 3 sec.
                                • Shadow Breath - Tsulong expels out Sha energy in a 30 degree cone in front of him, inflicting 140,000 Shadow damage and increasing Shadow damage taken by 100% for 30 sec. This effect stacks.
                                • Sunbeam - Tsulong's attempts to resist the Sha allow him to protect the players from Dread Shadows. Tsulong summons a Sunbeam onto the battlefield, and the Sunbeam grants immunity to Dread Shadows for players standing within the beam. The protected area of the Sunbeam shrinks over time as more players stand within it.
                                • The Dark of Night - The Dark of Night appears at a random location and moves towards the nearest Sunbeam. The Dark of Night extinguishes a Sunbeam upon reaching it.
                              • The Day - During the Day, Tsulong gains the upper hand over the Sha corruption. Players may heal and aid Tsulong during the Day, and bringing him to full health while in the Day permanently destroys the Sha's influence over him. When he reaches 100 energy, the Sha corrupts his emotions and Night descends upon the Terrace.
                                • Embodied Terror - Embodied Terrors spawn as the Sha fights to control Tsulong. When players destroy an Embodied Terror, five Fright Spawns burst out.
                                  • Terrorize - The Embodied Terror casts Terrorize on both a random player and on Tsulong. The terror inflicts 10% of the player's current health as Shadow damage every 2 sec for 10 sec. Tsulong suffers 1% of his total health as Shadow damage every 1 sec. for 10 sec.
                                • Fright Spawn - Five Fright Spawns appear when players destroy an Embodied Terror.
                                  • Fright - A Fright Spawn unleashes a wave of Fright, inflicting 20,000 Shadow damage and fear on players within 30 yards for 2 sec.
                                • Unstable Sha - Unstable Sha appear around Tsulong and then move towards him, inflicting massive Shadow damage to Tsulong if they reach him.
                                  • Unstable Bolt - The Unstable Sha unleashes shadowy energy at a random player, inflicting 50,000 Shadow damage on the target. The Unstable Bolt also damages the Unstable Sha for 10% of its maximum health.
                                  • Instability - If an Unstable Sha reaches Tsulong, it inflicts 2,500,000 Shadow damage on Tsulong and disappears.
                                • Sun Breath - Tsulong breathes out solar energy in a 60-degree cone in front of him, inflicting 4,000,000 Nature damage to Sha within 0 yards and stunning them for 8 sec. The breath also places the Bathed in Light effect on players within its area.
                                  • Bathed in Light - The warmth of the Sun instantly restores 25% of a player's total mana and increases their healing done by 500% for 15 sec.
                                • The Light of Day - The Light of Day appears at a random location. Interacting with The Light of Day restores mana every 1 sec. and increases healing done by 3,000% for 30 sec. The amount of mana restored increases while the healing done decreases over the duration of the effect.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

New Daily Quests

The previous beta build added several new daily quests, most of which reward Valor Points!

1 Old MacDonald Defeat Old MacDonald in a pet battle. 1984
                                1 Lindsay Defeat Lindsay in a pet battle. 1984
                                1 Julia Stevens Defeat Julia Stevens in a pet battle. 1984
                                90 Thinning The Pack Kill 8 Windward Tigers. × 5 1984 Order of the Cloud Serpent 250
                                90 Sprite Fright Kill 7 Shadowfae Tricksters. × 5 1984 Order of the Cloud Serpent 250
                                90 The Shoe Is On The Other Foot Re-steal 14 Stolen Boots. × 5 1984 Order of the Cloud Serpent 250
                                90 Dark Huntress Kill the Windward Huntress. × 5 1984 Order of the Cloud Serpent 250
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X