Raid Guide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raid Guide!

Am I missing something, or are raids not covered in the guides? With the LFR pug groups (which is what I do when my guild isn't raiding), it gives me quick access to go do a raid that I haven't done before, and learn the raid itself. However, it'd be nice to have a guide for these raids anyway so I don't contribute to a wipe.

I know I know...go watch videos of the raid and figure it out before joining in... Well, isn't that pretty much what a guide is? I'd rather have a Zygor guide (after all, the same could be said about the dungeons guide) than sit there and watch some video of someone else playing a game.

At least consider it please! It would be a nice content punch to the dungeons guide.

The problem is that raid mechanics are a bit beyond what the current guide viewer can show and tell you.
    It would require a wall of text to describe what tank, healers and damagedealers have to do in the different phases of a fight.
    I think commented video guides are far easier to understand as you can see what they are talking about.

There has been an addon called boss tactics that described what to do and showed pictures of the boss and player positions. But I think it has not been updated in a while.

Comment

Would making a guide that pertained only to the individuals role be feasible? As a mage, the guide would know to give me the info for spellcaster dps, or as a Tank, or off-tank, etc...

Comment

It would be possible to at least check the class and then show only infortmation needed.
        But still there's a lot to look for in a raid. I think it is not optimal to only explain things with a text, screenshots or a video are far better to understand what is happening.
        Just look at all those random raids failing at Durumu in the Throne of Thunder raid because they don't know when to go where.
        Reading descriptions does not help very much, you need to see what is going on.

Comment

Working...
        X