Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to open a second guide window

Hi Guys,

These are the best guides I have ever seen for WoW and they make the game a whole lot easier to play. One thing which I think could be of benefit would be to allow a second guide window to be opened.

The scenario I am thinking of is I am currently leveling a warrior and leveling mining and jewelcrafting as my professions. Now I could keep swapping back and forth between guides while I level which certainly works. If however I could load up both the leveling guide and the profession guide I would be able to see how I am going on collecting the mats for the next section of the JC guide while I collect mining nodes during questing.

Now I appreciate that I could just level my toon to 90 and then go back and level my professions but this would give me a more elegant solution to leveling both the toon and professions.

Cheers,
    Brian.

This is something that had been considered in the past but the dev team decided not to do it. The reason was because creating and implementing the code for a 2nd window would cause a lot more problems and bugs than the gain in having a 2nd display. I do not know if the dev team will re-visit this idea at some point to consider it again, but they're always trying to improve on the guides so they just might do this at some point.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby, thanks for the response and I do appreciate the coding impacts of duplicating that much code. Perhaps a more practical solution might be to provide a much simpler frame which is there only to track how many of the needed items you have in your bags.

So lets say I am working through the JC guide and need to collect some titanium bars, green and blue Northrend gems, etc, and I have only just dinged level 70. The JC guide as it stands now would provide me an option to go and buy the items from the AH, or go farming, but at level 70 I am not really high enough level yet to efficiently farm the materials, so what if it offered a 3rd option called say "Farm while leveling". Selecting this option would enable, configure and display the new frame with only the materials for the current JC guide step and then keep track of the farming, display the status of the farming outcomes. This could all be done simply using the BAG_UPDATE event. This would free up the main frames to function as they normally do when leveling a toon and allow me to mine nodes while moving through the zones with the other guides and knowing at a glance when I have all the mats I need for the next stage of JC leveling.

At the moment I use another addon (FarmIt) for tracking the mats while leveling, although due to the way that you present the mats required (25 green quality gems as opposed to 10 red gems, 10 yellow gems, etc) it makes it difficult to correctly track the items being farmed.

Comment

Working...
      X