OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Zygor Guide Would You Most Like To See Next?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense to Zygor and those of you who want the professions guide, but I power leveled herbalism in under 8 hours (from 1 - 525) with 280% flying and as a human (Tauren loot herbs in .5 sec while humans take 1.5 sec, and druids don't have to remount... Tauren Druids are OP for herbing lol). I just google searched "WoW Herbalism guide" and the first link showed me where to go and what path to take to hit all of the hotspots for herbs. EDIT: Since this is free and I'm pretty sure that all the professions are covered (I know mining and herbalism are) I wouldn't spend money on a professions guide from Zygor, can you blame me? You know I have nothing but love for you, Zygor

I think a dungeon guide would fit better with the leveling guide, let me tell you why:

-The in-game guide can track what dungeons are available to you at your currently level and allow you to run them at least once and get all the quests. Then you can seamlessly go back to leveling or continue to dungeon hop for the xp/loot/cash.

-Your toon will be better equipped to solo due to the gear you gain while in dungeons.

-SUGGESTION: There are some quests that involve doing things inside dungeons that are accepted outside of a dungeon (the one that comes to mind is that pally one where you can choose between a healing/tank/ret mace). The quest is accepted from a pally trainer and done in BRC if memory serves, I'm pretty sure that all classes have similar quests, but I'm unsure. This feature would be fantastic.

Obviously I voted for dungeon guide, but my second choice would have to be the achievement guide, since those can be a doozy.
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Professions

i voted for Profession . it will be really helpful i bet

Comment

Achivement Guide

Achivement guide. It's so awesome, and usefull. Didn't know I had so much need of one, till I thought about going after an arrow and travel smallest rute around. Insted of hours reading on wowhead. When I sore you Zygor wanted to make an Achivement Guide , then I have been waiting for your to release it ever since. I have so much expectation. So would really love to see you do this.

Dungeon guide. Not entirely sure what it could include more than quest obj. Tact? Class buff? Class Rotation? Party Roles? But know what ever you do, it comes out awesome.

Proffesion guide. Till now most voted on this. Would been nice with prof. guide. But still. Achivement guide with your ingame arrow addon, would make everything so awesome.

Thanks Zygor for your unlimited innovation.
        Last edited by yonaz; March 25, 2011, 09:08 AM. Reason: more thoughts to add :)

Comment

I'd prefer a Dungeon guide as there are addons that already help make profession leveling easier, and auction addons that help with playing the auction house. There is nothing out there that really helps with dungeons unless you want to youtube a vid or so. Then you have to assume everything is equal. Anybody over level 12 knows that gear, talents, and glyphs can be drasticly different between two like toons. Also there are alot of people who quest all the way to 85 to try and get the loremaster(or ast least a big chunk of it out of the way.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ctkdjane1 View Post
            I voted for the proffession guide but to be honest I would of voted for the arhciment one also. Dungeons guide would be a nice addation but not for right now for me. The dungeaon guide could be offered with the achiment
            Same here, thus I voted for the achievement guide seeing that you voted for the profession guide.

Comment

That was a hard poll to answer because all three would be great.
              The way you guys do guides any one of the three would be an awesome piece of work. I really enjoy the ones you have now. I could use all three of them.

Comment

omg, what a hard question, but i think i will go for the profession guide :-D

Comment

Server economies vary dramatically from server to server, so that right there is problem #1 that I see with the professions guide.

Hunting down recipes would work fairly easily with the current setup that can just tell you where to go and get your recipes ahead of time, so you can just sit and skill up forever.

Unfortunately, alot of people are not considering the economy in a professions guide. Putting Herbalism and Mining aside since you can easily use gatherer with preset points, the real job of a professions guide would be to conglomerate all the recipes and find a cost-effective way to level the desired the profession. In fact, one might even consider two modes to use the guide: speed-mode and economy-mode and that's fairly self explantory. I would love to have a professions guide, but all the ifs, buts, and ors would seem like more of a hassle than anything unless it could somehow automatically tie into auctioneer / auctionator AH data and calculate the best combinations of crafts to make in order to level up effeciently. If the current daily price of reagant X is 200% above market price and you really want to level it today, then the guide should skip that standard recipe and go on the next feasible alternative recipe. Remember, not only is each server's economy different, but the daily and sometimes hourly shifts in material costs make a huge difference in deciding which route to take. If this project is currently feasible and is willing to go to those lengths for a truly in-depth professions leveling guide and not just a hobo free guide I can google in 60 seconds, then I would instantly vote professions guide.

If that is NOT feasible at the moment, then an achievement guide would be a far more appropriate investment of the immediate resources available on a next (assuming only one can be chosen of course) guide.

Comment

i would love to have a professions guide if it helped you find all those extra recipes that are sold from venders throughout the game or told you where to go for a dropped recipe but if not im all for the achievement guide.

Comment

Achievement guide

I am waiting sooooo long for this guide to come out !

So, pls pls Zygor, the Achievement guide !

Thank you for all the hard work you are doing for us !

I love your guides !

Comment

i think that the

Gold guide is something we all what and to get some good insite on but the best way to make money in wow is using your profecions and selling raw materials on the ah and stuff from dungens that u dont need... i think the profesion guide will help that out....

Comment

achivement

i what to have a zygor achive guide

Comment

Definately Achievement Guide

Hi Zygor,

Totally blown away with the revamp...loving it.

You may remember that I bought the guide (and everything else since) originally cause i was so confused as to what I was doing..where to go to level..where can I pick up a quest when I get there.

Well since then I have levelled 5 characters to 85 in no time flat using the guide and in the same time levelled 5 primary professions to 525 (plus cooking, fishing and the gathering professions) under my own steam (well with a little help from guildies of course from time to time) so I consider professions easy. Didn't have money worries either from the daillies guides.

Now where I am still stumped is achievements...I have the lowest rating in the guild cause I tend to get them by accident. Do you know how long it took to work out that chocolate cake recipe is a drop for the Chef achievement..then after going to Rokk I find out I can get the drop in Dalaran...bah....can I get it in Stormwind..I don't know???

Anyways you get my drift...lots more to find out on achievements than professions

Comment

Professions Guide

But, could you make it so it is based on ALL the professions we choose for our toons?
                              Kinda like choosing our 'build' helper. I reckon it'll be a chunk of work to have us select which 2, then add the other 4 secondaries, and then try to figure how many linen cloth you would need to do tailoring and 1st aid.
                              Fish-n-cook should be an easy one! :-)
                              Provided ya can find the damn recipes on the Hordie side!!! ( I miss the Pig & Whistle. )
                              Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant!!

Comment

The dungeon guide is my choice because it is the only way anyone will ever achieve the top of the line battle gear. You cant get there with Gold cause it isnt for sale, you cant make it with crafts because you dont have recipes, you cant achieve all the achievements without entering a dungeon. Once you have all the top battle gear the rest of it, gold, achievements, crafting will become much easier to acomplish because you have the best gear.

Comment

Working...
                                X