Why The Dungeon Guide Poll may be biased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why The Dungeon Guide Poll may be biased

Dungeon bashing can be a very effective way to level fast and can form a nice balance with levelling through quests.

When we look at doing dungeons as a levelling tool the biggest draw back is that if you want to tank you really need to know where you are going.

If you are not a tank then you hope you have a tank that knows where you need to go.

There is nothing more time wasting and frustrating than having a bad guide tank. And there lies the rub. Speaking from experience I will happily tank low level dungeons but as soon as they start to get expansive navigating the team becomes daunting.

This then leads to a shortage of tanks which leads to a long wait between dungeons and overall a poor dungeon experience.

By introducing a dungeon guide that enables guides (tanks) to be more effective not only will your products open up to those that prefer dungeons (and probably not voting on this site) but dungeoning will become more productive (more tanks) for everyone leading to more demand for the product.

Dungeons give great levelling gear, and experience, and can lead to a more enjoyable and balanced gaming experience in conjunction with quest levelling.

Good for us - and good for Zygor - I would pay for a dungeon guide for guides (tanks).

Thanks (a wannabe successful tank guide)

Richard

Blizzards dungeon guide will be ingame patch 4.2

Comment

The dungeon journal will add boss information but in reality there is little time to read and digest information in this form - especially as a tank.

Many dungeons also have multi-map navigation that can be confusing to interpret especially if you are only interested in a subset of it.

There is also the issue of collecting "parts" or "keys" to get you through gates in the dungeon. If you don't know where they are or they get missed a party will rapidly descend into disarray.

I don't believe the blizzard add will address the key challenges facing a tank trying to memorise dozen of changing dungeons. It's seems to be more of an atlas loot which while levelling is not that useful since gear rapidly gets out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by ra120271 View Post
        The dungeon journal will add boss information but in reality there is little time to read and digest information in this form - especially as a tank.
        Who says you can't read the info before entering the dungeon?

And as a side note, there have been plenty of times that someone other than the tank has led a group thru a dungeon. Being the tank does not automatically make it your responsibility to lead the group thru.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I for one don't memorize my Zygor guide even tho I can read it before hand because I can remember only a few things at a time.

Doing a dungeon is no different in my experiences.

I do agree that anyone can lead a dungeon. In my experience dungeon finder users expect the tank to do it 90+% of the time and when they don't the majority of the parties fall into disarray.

These are my experiences and my perceptions offered as suggestions. I don't expect anything from them, I thought they may be helpful.

I do a lot of random dungeons. The high level ones have the most party issues because the "party", often guided by a tank, gets something lost, out of order, etc.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with pretty much everything you've said. I only pointed those things out simply because the way you were presenting stuff made it sound like there was no other option and I wanted others to know there are other options available, even if they aren't necessarily the easiest or best.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
            X